Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWins and Fails

TILT?

Default TILT?

How do you guys deal with losing an entire session worth of winnings (3 BI) on two hands that you get sucked out on. I know its part of the game to get sucked out on, but how do you deal with it. Do you quit, take a break, throw something? I feel cheated but I know this is the wrong way to look at it.
    all of the above
    "Whether he likes it or not, a man's character is stripped bare at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life."
    Here's what you should do. Go back and really analyze the hands and (A) figure out if it was a bad beat or (B) see if you played the hand like shit. You'll soon realize that the answer is B more often than you think. If the answer is A then you can easily move on because you know that you're winning that situation over the long-haul. I used to dwell on bad beats but then realized there's no point. Now I get pissed off because I know I played the hand like a donkey.
    What is there to get over?
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    ^^^This.

If you played the hand correctly and got your $$$ in good then there's nothing to get over. But like SG worte, if you played the hand like a donk then that's something to get p.o.'d about.

Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    i'll never understand how anyone can go through life being sober.
    "Just cause I'm from the South don't mean I ain't got no book learnin'"

Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    ...we've all learned long ago how to share the truth without actually having the truth.
    IF you got it in good then be happy it's still +EV in the long run and well you're in this game for the long run. So do like Stargrinder said and analyze the hands to see if you indeed played it correctly. If you did and villain made a real stupid play then take note and make it a point to play with him more often as you'll benefit if he is making mistakes.

I have no idea of you history as far as how long you've been playing etc. If you are new to the game you'll learn to work through it. Spoon has written some good stuff on the issue as have others. So read up and well if all else fails go put your head on a door knob for awhile!
    "You start the game with a full pot o’ luck and an empty pot o’ experience...
    The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck."

Quote Originally Posted by XxStacksxX View Post
    Do you have testicles? If so, learn to bet like it
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    ^^^yeh this.

dont bitch about +EV situations

that said, i find that its the anticipation of cards hitting that tilts me in a suckout situation. I dont watch showdowns, because i can handle when i lose if a see the result after and can justify it mathematically. Its when your staring and the screen hoping/praying that the 1 out draw doesnt hit that a suckout screws you over mentally.
    why even watch the cards run out after you get the money in
    Quote Originally Posted by Imthenewfish View Post
    A good reason for multi-tabling. If you know you got in good, then why watch it. Let another table pop up and find out what happened when you get back to the first table.

Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    i'll never understand how anyone can go through life being sober.
    why does it even matter if u get it in good if u thought it was +EV for good reasons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imthenewfish View Post
    this is a good point. when i'm cascading i often deliberately hide the table in AI situations. but my curiosity always has me checking each table as they come to the forefront for the next 50 hands looking to see if i have 200bb on one of them. discipline fail.