Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

KJo BB, 6Max nl5

Default KJo BB, 6Max nl5

UTG - unknown, only a few hands he sat down with ~78bb
    MP - calling station 81/15

so i 3bet in an attemp to isolate the fish, bouth call, i hit TP and cb, UTG shove, hero???
    i was thinking utg could have cards like QQ,AK,KQ,Ahigh flush drows, JTs, maybe AhQ,AhJ.
    was it better to fold? what about bet sizings?

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - url=http://www.handconverter.com/hands/2578269 View hand 2578269 /url
    url=http://www.deucescracked.com/?referrer=converter_dc DeucesCracked Poker Videos /url url=http://www.handconverter.com Hand History Converter /url

MP: $6.60
    CO: $5.47
    BTN: $4.68
    SB: $5.35
    b Hero (BB): $8.54 /b
    b UTG: $3.93 /b

b Pre Flop: /b ($0.07) Hero is BB with J K
    color=red UTG raises to $0.15 /color , MP calls $0.15, i 3 folds /i , color=red Hero raises to $0.55 /color , UTG calls $0.40, MP calls $0.40

b Flop: /b ($1.67) 2 K Q color=#336633 (3 players) /color
    color=red Hero bets $1.10 /color , color=red UTG raises to $3 /color , MP folds, Hero calls $1.90

b Turn: /b ($7.67) 8 color=#336633 (2 players) /color
    color=red Hero bets $0.65 /color , UTG calls $0.38 all in

b River: /b ($8.43) 8 color=#336633 /color
    Last edited by Xander; 09-14-2014 at 02:23 PM.
    Use this

http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

If that doesn't work, find another hand converter before posting hands on a forum. Makes them miles easier to read.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

MP ($6.60)
    CO ($5.47)
    Button ($4.68)
    SB ($5.35)
    Hero (BB) ($8.54)
    UTG ($3.93)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, K
    UTG raises to $0.15, MP calls $0.15, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.55, UTG calls $0.40, MP calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.67) 2, K, Q (3 players)
    Hero bets $1.10, UTG raises to $3, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.90

Turn: ($7.67) 8 (2 players)
    Hero bets $0.65, UTG calls $0.38 (All-In)

River: ($8.43) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $8.43 | Rake: $0.35
    Last edited by Savy; 09-14-2014 at 02:22 PM.
    I'm fine with isolating fish wide but against an unknown UTG player KJo is probably a bit thin to be 3betting.

When the flop comes the vast majority of hands that we are getting value from aren't really in UTGs range so when he does want to continue we are usually behind or he has lots of equity and you're expecting MP to be calling a lot of crap to make up for it. I think checking the flop is probably a better idea. When you get raised you should be clicking fold, if you don't want to fold then you have to be shoving because leaving effective stacks of 38c is obviously pointless.
    New members can't post the HHs straight out of the converter which is why it was a little jumbled. It helps to prevent spam.

Welcome to FTR Xander! Check your PMs.
    I don't like pre-flop because we're just a little too weak being out of position against two players with KJo. Both of these players are likely to be bad, but the combination of our position and our hand make me question of the 3-bet to isolate is profitable. There's also the issue that we're probably not going to get either of these guys to fold that often. When someone sits with like a 78bb stack, it usually means that they suck.

Tag the MP and follow him around as much as you can.

As played, I think you have to go ahead and stack off here.
    I'd just be calling pre. We don't know enough about UTG to 3b him with this hand. We need to know his range is wide enough for him to have a b/f range pre flop from UTG, or at the very least that he'll b/c pre too often, folding to our cbet a high % of the time. Without these reads, this is a bad 3b. We're gonna be oop with a mediocre hand in a 3b pot. I'll be hating flop way too often, not even thrilled with king high flops. So yeah call this pre. I wouldn't hate a fold but that seems a bit on the nitty side seeing as we're getting a decent price pre and this hand is not awful.

As played, well I would have thought flop was a b/f, not close, that calling his raise is pure spew, but I was stupid enough to read spoon's post before replying, so I don't have much confidence in that now. Still, stacking flop seems very bad to me, I would not expect to be good vs an unkown's UTG range here very often at all. The only indication that villain is a fish is his stack size, but that alone is not sufficient for me to think he's fishy enough to show up worse at anywhere near the required frequency.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Forgot to say that his raise leaving 38c behind is not a flush draw as often as it would be if he just shoved. I think these kind of raises indicate perceived nutty hands (AA and better in this spot) at a higher frequency than average.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    when i reviewed the hand i thought i shoulded fold too on flop at his raise, anyway its a marginal situation that i should awoid, lots of beter spots to get the maony in at nl5. thx for the replays
    I think that you have to only made a call pre-flop. KJ are not the cards for raising that much, you also played against two players and the both of them call you, so it shows that they had good cards. About the bet on the flop I also think that it's to much, you could make lower bet. However, for my opinion everything would be different if you only call pre-flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by STILL_mkd View Post
    I think that you have to only made a call pre-flop. KJ are not the cards for raising that much, you also played against two players and the both of them call you, so it shows that they had good cards. About the bet on the flop I also think that it's to much, you could make lower bet. However, for my opinion everything would be different if you only call pre-flop.
    i agree and disagree with mkd analysis . first off i don't think KJ is a flatting hand here, 3b/fold, and in this spot 3-way vs. 2 perceived fishies i would fold. because like what happened both call, and now we have a massive pot OTF, and were just not sure what to do.

Don't 3b cause thats what ya do OOP, if you don't know how your going to react(multi-street plan) don't 3b.

As played, i'd just shove over him OTF.
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF