Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

$3.40 KQs nr. Hijack 5handed pre

Default $3.40 KQs nr. Hijack 5handed pre

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100.00/t200.00 Blinds - 5 players - View hand 1227633
    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: t6105.00 30.52 BBs - VPIP: 28, PFR: 16, 3B: 0, AF: 6.5, Hands: 74
    BB: t2335.00 11.68 BBs - VPIP: 24, PFR: 9, 3B: 4, AF: 1.0, Hands: 74
    Hero (UTG): t2140.00 10.70 BBs - VPIP: 15, PFR: 12, 3B: 5, AF: 3.3, Hands: 9230
    CO: t1280.00 6.40 BBs - VPIP: 32, PFR: 18, 3B: 4, AF: 5.0, Hands: 74
    BTN: t1640.00 8.20 BBs - VPIP: 16, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 0.8, Hands: 145

Pre Flop: (t300) Hero is UTG with K Q ??
    Haven't run it in Wiz but my guess is that it'd say that this is a fold from UTG.
    Quote Originally Posted by taipan168 View Post
    Haven't run it in Wiz
    It's ok.. really not necessary for me.. (cuz if you had to do that every time I think that's a lot of time).. first impressions counts for me .. Yeah I use to try to push as nash most of the time.. but now I'm using SnG Wiz I'm trying to correct my leaks.. like in this spot.. I thought It was quite a standard push with KQs.. lol
    you don't want to think in terms of KQs, you want to think in terms of 3/5 with a playable stack and both bigger stacks still to act.

If you don't want to run your shoves through wiz, esp the ones you're posting here, you should do something besides play SNGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by drmcboy View Post

If you don't want to run your shoves through wiz, esp the ones you're posting here, you should do something besides play SNGs.
    It's not because I didn't add anything about wiz ranges in my post that it means I didn't run it through wiz .. Sometimes I feel it's better not to add it..

Btw I do post-game analysis if that's what you're saying.. but think what you want .. Maybe not "the hardest worker", but I try.. I'll try to post now with Wiz Ranges if that's what you prefer..
    Last edited by Onfire71; 03-13-2011 at 06:30 AM.
    really not necessary for me.. (cuz if you had to do that every time I think that's a lot of time
    I was commenting on this. I am not sure what the post after that means, it is hard to read.

Conceptually I think you're making a big mistake looking for 'first impressions'. Post shoves where you think wiz is off for whatever reason. The whole reason Wiz exists is because bubble play is very counter intuitive. You get better at it by running hands. If you have a choice between looking at X push/fold hands hands in Wix or posting Y hands, X is going to be bigger and much better.

If you need to mix up a compound and you can either ask a nobel prize winning chemist or 5 guys in your chem class , go with the chemist. If you don't understand the answer, that's a great time to ask the 5 guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by drmcboy View Post
    I was commenting on this. I am not sure what the post after that means, it is hard to read.

Conceptually I think you're making a big mistake looking for 'first impressions'. Post shoves where you think wiz is off for whatever reason. The whole reason Wiz exists is because bubble play is very counter intuitive. You get better at it by running hands. If you have a choice between looking at X push/fold hands hands in Wix or posting Y hands, X is going to be bigger and much better.

If you need to mix up a compound and you can either ask a nobel prize winning chemist or 5 guys in your chem class , go with the chemist. If you don't understand the answer, that's a great time to ask the 5 guys.
    With "first impressions" I mean to say that you, nakamura, taipan168 etc. can easily figure out the correct answers on a "posted preflop hand analysis" using your knowledge and experience unless the hand is really tricky.. Cuz I'm quite sure all of you are better and more experienced players than me right.

Yeah, honestly, I found you could have said it in a nicer way.. Cuz I felt a bit bad about it.. Just because I do read sng articles & books, watch videos, post questions and hands on forums, review my games.. In other words I've definitely put lots of time studying sng's and trying to improve my game besides always playing sng's..

With that said, I'm very thankful with your latest comment.. I like your example of the chemist and the 5 guys to make it clear.. Now I fully understand what you meant .. and I'll definitely follow your solid advice.. So thx again.. you made my day lol..
    Quote Originally Posted by Onfire71 View Post
    Yeah, honestly, I found you could have said it in a nicer way.. Cuz I felt a bit bad about it..
    Make sure you listen to what drmcboy says - he's one of the best poker players on this site and gives very solid advice but diplomacy isn't necessarily his strong suit...