Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Windows Update Is EVIL!

Default Windows Update Is EVIL!

Today I went on the Internet to find that Windows Update had started downloading something, I though 'ok fine I guess there's just some little virus protection thing'. And because it lagged the poker so much it was unplayable, I waited for it to finish. And waited. And waited. 5 hours later, and its 51% complete, what a frikking joke, what IS it downloading for me, and why the hell is it taking so long?

2 of my friends have also complained of the very same thing today, have any of you got this today?
    Gotta be XP SP2, it's frickin massive
    YNWA
    I spent the entire afternoon yesterday updating my XP to SP2, doing all kinds of other Windows updates, updating my anti-virus app and updating that, scanning and removing viruses, cleaning old files and defragging.

I feel like a virgin.
    In related news, is anyone having trouble running pokerStars on W98? Mine freezes up at least once per (hour long) session

Is anyone running W98? Any tips? I use Linux for work and don't know much about Windows, except that it runs the poker apps so I have to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeFou
    In related news, is anyone having trouble running pokerStars on W98? Mine freezes up at least once per (hour long) session

Is anyone running W98? Any tips? I use Linux for work and don't know much about Windows, except that it runs the poker apps so I have to use it.
    98 is about as stable as the san andreas fault, time to upgrade

2000 might have crashed every couple months, when I had it. I've been using 2003 for 9-10 months, and it has never crashed on me
    Is that guy still part of the forum??
    And the winner of the avatar battle goes to..................

XBONES!
    "The urge to gamble is so universal and it's practice is so pleasurable, that I assume it must be evil." - Heywood Broun
    Just a bit too far I wondered? If anyone wants it deleted I will.
    YNWA
    It's mesmerizing!!!

She's workin' 'em like a couple of stress balls!
    "The urge to gamble is so universal and it's practice is so pleasurable, that I assume it must be evil." - Heywood Broun
    She's workin' 'em like a couple of stress balls!
    You think she'd get tired.. but no! She's been working those things *checks watch* goin on two hours now.
    8-)

-'rilla
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>