Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

Party Poker...OMG

Default Party Poker...OMG

Over the past few days, I switched from Poker Stars over to Party Poker. I WISH I HAD DONE THIS 2 MONTHS AGO. While I love the Poker Stars format, the fish at PP are unbelievable. I bought in for $119 last night at 9pm CST. As of 11 am CST (14 hours later), I have doubled up at the $25 NL. I will have to post some of the hand histories soon. Won twice with KK and with the only AA I had.
    I think Party Poker is explicitly built as the most fish friendly site. Congrats on your winnings. Just one word of advice, make sure you keep enough cash around to handle the inevitable downswing. Poor players will hit all kinds of hands/draws you won't see or catch a hand every now and then. So while overall you'll make lots of money, running bad hurts. When I played mostly $25NL I would swing as bad as -$200 to -$300. That being said, I'm glad things started off for you on the up.

Another thought if you like NL is to try 6 max, the varience is even higher, but the play is a lot worse. It's a lot easier to get lots of money in the center of the table when you have a strong holding. I think most of the big thrill seekers have moved their action from the full tables over there.
    {Moved from Tales of Poker}
    Fnord speaks the truth. The fish are your best friends and also your worst enemies at PartyPoker. Keep up the solid play.