Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

Party Poker Advice

Default Party Poker Advice

After spending two months building my bankroll up to over 1000 (from 50) playing the NL25 PP tables, I then lost it all in less than a week when I started playing far too aggressive (lots of all-in bluffs and 2-7/2-3 off advertising), had a number of bad beats in succession, and tilted away my last 400-500. I put 100 back into my account a little over a week ago, and I've got it up to over 700 playing solid at the NL25 tables. Any advice as to how to proceed from here? I find playing 2 tables at once yields me the best results, but would it be preferable to play 3 or 4 at once and tighten up? Since I can beat the NL25 tables consistently, should I move up to the NL50 tables? How much do you think I should I cash out to leave myself an adequate bankroll? I've played some $10 SNGs and placed in half of them and made 60 bucks, would it be worthwhile to play more (or 20 and 30 SNGs)? I'm also having trouble with finding optimum bet size, especially when raising preflop? I usually raise to the amt in the pot minus the small blind when action's on me, and will usually limp AA and KK in first two positions, should I be betting more aggressively? I know PP is legendary for fish, but I have trouble locating them and always seem to end up at tight tables; are there any surefire ways to find tables w/ lot of fish? Anyone want to share their fish-laden buddy list w/ me?

I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for in the terms of responses, but any answers, advice, or comments concerning any of the preceding would be appreciated.
    I just went through the same thing. I haven't redeposited to build the bankroll back yet. I spent some time going through hand histories and realize that I made the same mistakes.

After getting a nice bankroll you feel like you have the game beat and it kind of puts you on reverse tilt or something. Too many bluffs and too many over played hands. This happen to anyone else?

Am I correct in thinking that you just tightened up and played smarter to win your bankroll back?
    {Moved from Hold'em Strategies}
    Quote Originally Posted by jobupoker
    I just went through the same thing. I haven't redeposited to build the bankroll back yet. I spent some time going through hand histories and realize that I made the same mistakes.

After getting a nice bankroll you feel like you have the game beat and it kind of puts you on reverse tilt or something. Too many bluffs and too many over played hands. This happen to anyone else?

Am I correct in thinking that you just tightened up and played smarter to win your bankroll back?
    Yeah, that's exactly what happened, got overconfident and started playing excessively loose and developing all the symptoms of fancy play syndrome. I found out the hard way that you have to make the obvious play with bad players, since they're liable to call with any kind of hand anyways. Pretty much the only change I've made to my game is staying off tilt and avoiding making weak raises and big bluffs, which is was what got me into trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by twosevoff
    Yeah, that's exactly what happened, got overconfident and started playing excessively loose and developing all the symptoms of fancy play syndrome. I found out the hard way that you have to make the obvious play with bad players, since they're liable to call with any kind of hand anyways. Pretty much the only change I've made to my game is staying off tilt and avoiding making weak raises and big bluffs, which is was what got me into trouble.
    Yeah, this is what moved me from NL to limit for cash games. Although I didn't swing down quite so bad.

Rocks don't get punished nearly as much in NL as they do in Limit, *particularly* with the PP idiots. NL (and somewhat PL) had degenerated from the gamble happy tables of 3 months ago to a collection of rocks picking on the idiots. Unless you learn to play the 6 max tables, but that's a different story...