From what I understand, gambling online in my state of Illinois is technically illegal, but a lot of people do it anyways.

My question is, If I create an account on PokerStars and eventually cash out- will they refrain from sending me the check because my address is in Illinois? It really bothers me that my passion is being restrained because of some bullshit laws.

Also, I'm only 19- does it matter that the legal gambling age in Illinois is 21, even though the online gambling age for the U.S. is 18 as far as I'm aware?

I really want to start playing ASAP, and I'm willing to pay taxes on any winnings etc., plan on using bankroll management. I think it's ridiculous that I have to stress about the legality of something that in my mind should be as legal as buying a book off of amazon.

Thanks for the clarification.

JoeHaw

EDIT: Say it really is illegal, what are the chances of being caught? Seeing as I in no way think this should be a problem, I'd be willing to "break the law" if the chances of being caught were slim and consequences were no worse than my account being banned and money withheld- even though that'd still be bullshit. They can't fine me or arrest me or anything, right?