Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWins and Fails

OngBonga's bragging thread

Default OngBonga's bragging thread

I just came 3rd in a $1 rebuy turbo.

I won $751.14, which quadruples my bankroll.

It's by far the most money I've ever won.

One day I'll win that and not give a fuck, not feel the need to brag, but for now, on this occasion...

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDAAAAAAFFFFFFUUUUUUUCC CCCCKKKKKKKIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, as you were...
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    wrong forum
    There's a forum especially for bragging?

Oh, I was down to 2bb shortly after the bubble.

I had 7bb, shove J7s, get a call from 5bb stack, he wins... think I won the next three hands before calming down.
    ongies gonna ong
    awesome dude, sure it's in the wrong place - but the thread title says it all so i think it's fine here. Enjoy the cash, now a bankroll management tip. Don't go moving up with all that money you've won. Make at least a further 10buyins in your current games before moving up.

you should post here as well -
    http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...-92894-24.html
    congrats again
    Cheers Daven. You can rest assured I'll be tight with my bankroll. I might well step up from 2nl now, I'm sufficiently rolled now for a solid crack at 10nl (perhaps even 25nl though I don't think my skill level is nearly sufficient), for standard mtts my max is $10, and rebuys maybe $3. I was already a little naughty and would play a $10 mtt once a week with a br of $250 (the Sunday 40k), but now I'm up to $1k I think I can safely do this more often.

Where rebuys are concerned, I think for now I'm happy to keep trying the $1 rebuys. My investment was $7, I had to double-rebuy twice, and of course the add-on. The way I see it, I need 10x the buy in just to cover the potential rebuys and add-on, then I need 40x that to take the swings, so $3 is still strictly speaking just out of my br range, which means I might try a couple of times until my roll dips below $900, at which point I get proper strict with my br.

Naturally, I want more, I want to make a living out of this game, but I'm not going to risk more than I can afford. I got a proper br now, I don't want to lose it.
    ongies gonna ong
    wow.

nice one geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    rest assured I'll be tight with my bankroll. I might well step up from 2nl now, I'm sufficiently rolled now for a solid crack at 10nl (perhaps even 25nl though I don't think my skill level is nearly sufficient), f
    by all means take a 5bi shot at 10nl. If you're good enough but somehow lose, you'll make the money back at 5nl really quickly. If you're not good enough to beat 10nl, then at least it hasn't cost you your roll so long as you stick to the stoploss. Don't be moving to 25nl if you haven't beaten stakes above 2nl already.
    I'm not touching 25nl. I think to be honest I'll be playing 5nl, otherwise I need to upgrade my HEM if I want a HUD. That's when I play cash rooms again. I'm thinking of just sticking with mtts, I enjoy them more and while the variance can be brutal, the rewards are better. I don't need a HUD for mtts either, they just distract me, they serve no purpose since people play differently at different blind levels.

$10 is my limit now, though I'm not afraid to get stuck into micro-donks...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.1 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button (t1500)
    SB (t1500)
    Hero (BB) (t1500)
    UTG (t1500)
    UTG+1 (t1500)
    MP1 (t1500)
    MP2 (t1500)
    MP3 (t1500)
    CO (t1500)

Hero's M: 50.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 2
    UTG calls t20, UTG+1 bets t120, 2 folds, MP3 calls t120, 2 folds, SB calls t110, Hero raises to t1500 (All-In), 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t1380 (All-In), 1 fold, SB calls t1380 (All-In)

Flop: (t4640) 5, 4, 10 (3 players, 3 all-in)

Turn: (t4640) 2 (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: (t4640) 4 (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: t4640

Results:
    SB had 8, Q (one pair, fours).
    Hero had 7, 2 (two pair, fours and twos).
    UTG+1 had K, Q (one pair, fours).
    Outcome: Hero won t4640

1st hand of course. Then the chat bar goes wild, telling me I'm a donk for shoving junk first hand in a 10c donkfest, completely ignoring the fact that Q8 and KQ had both called a shove. Twats. I'll never stop playing these ones, they're just too much fun.
    ongies gonna ong
    {Moved from BC}

Default OngBonga

I'm not touching 25nl. I think to be honest I'll be playing 5nl, otherwise I need to upgrade my HEM if I want a HUD. .
    sounds smart to me! when/if you play more cash, stick to 5nl until you've made 10buyins at that stake. Then pay for the HEM upgrade.

can't advise on the mtt buyins etc, so i won't
    YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDAAAAAAFFFFFFUUUUUUUCC CCCCKKKKKKKIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
    haha. Grats bro.
    Right on buddy happy for ya!
    "You start the game with a full pot o’ luck and an empty pot o’ experience...
    The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck."

Quote Originally Posted by XxStacksxX View Post
    Do you have testicles? If so, learn to bet like it
    There's a forum especially for bragging?
    lol

Congrats on your win!

Be careful about playing too many $11 FOs. Especially since I'm assuming you'll be playing huge field MTTs, it's actually possible to lose several hundred pretty quickly. It sounds like cash games are your main game anyway, so just don't go crazy.

And if I were you, I'd wait until you have more in your BR to play 3 rebuys.
    Last edited by donkbee; 11-09-2010 at 04:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!