Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

Drive to $100NL (still the same thread)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You should NEVER open limp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptan3s
    3.)PUSH FLOP, TURN, FOLD RIVER
    ??

If I push the flop, can I still fold the river?

As for the others, I was able to play alot of hands normally I wouldn't against some week players by limping. Any hand that had a chance to be something was played at this table.

I think, bad players = bad beats, and not much else.
    No, push the flop, as played, fold the river.

Why you should not open limp: When people call you, you are playing a raised pot in position, they are out of position. You pick up money in the pot if they all fold. People are more likely to go broke in raised pots (also they bluff more). Flopping a set or sf draw in an unraised pot = crap pot.
    So, I took another shot. First time not so good, I droppped 3 buy ins and the variance (as seen by the graph) was too much. I wasn't playing my game. I was fearing the money, And thinking everybody had a monster just because they PSB the turn. Then I just started losing. After about 3000 hands I was done and went back to $20NL, killed it for all I had lost in the same night. I had $890 on prima so I pulled $650 to deposit for another bonus and possibly rakeback on another site (have nothing here) Leaving me $240. That was my last shot at $50 I was going to play it out. I basically gave up the money. Was going to play for the whole wad, no fear. I opened 3 tables and I think I played well. I had some bad plays, still have problems with betting lines, especially the 3 betting preflop. I need some work on the more aggressive styles that the villains play, like when to 3 bet, when 3 bet isn't AA, KK or QQ, firing second barrels, They will and I need to do it more. The fact that I'm re-raised post flop is not a made hand.

Here is my graph with all my $50NL hands from prima so far.

You can see how things have leveled out. It was swingy at first. I think that was all me. Then I started playing better but losing. Alot of old habits came back. Too far with TP, limping pre and calling too much post flop. I think it's looking better. We will see how it goes tonight. I have $160 in Neteller, and I'm waiting for prima to release the other $650, and I just withdrew the rest last night ($241). That I may put in stars or even use it to whore the small bonuses, I'm not sure.

As of right now, I'm stuck as to where to go, were to play and what bonuses. My options are Absolute, Crypto ( Interpoker looks good), I have rake at plenty, or maybe something else. Anybody want to suggest something.

Sorrry about the long read, not like talking to the wife would help.
    So TJ, was your leak-fix for FullTilt $25NL to leave it entirely? I've recently moved there after being a winning $50NL player elsewhere, and I think I'm getting killed at FT $25NL.
    Absolutely. I left $80 in bonus on the table. Even $10 NL was insane. Too agro and tight. I couldn't read them. I don't know how to beat Full tilt, and may not go back. My confidence there is shot.
    Would anybody be willing to work with me to acheive the next level or two. I can be available from 8pm or so till 12pm EST4 of 5 nights and weekend evenings for up to 6 or 7 hours if need be. I will work out details if any are interested, depending on the level of involvement (HH's or rail)and success. I would be paying by poker bankroll, so my success would be necassary to be reimbursed. I can really use a little help with climbing the ranks, I'm willing to rail, read and or sit thru grueling verbal abuse when I fuck up. I'm sitting right now with $1100 or so and would like to get to $100NL by end of march, and $200NL is targetl. To be honest, my goal is to cushion myself to quit this job. I want to make a career change and need some financial means to keep the credit in check while retooling my situation.

Thanks if you reply. P.M. only
    lol when I first went to FT I got murdered there. I actually became semi-affraid to play there. But I got stubborn and played more just to be able to adjust to a different playing field and beat it and I did. I'm mainly a prima player and I remember when I went to titan I got killed there too at first until I figured out everyone was weak-tight so I had to change gears from playing hands for value (like on prima) to playing hands for stealing tons of small pots. But on FT you can neither be exclusively weak/tight waiting for hands (because they won't pay you off and you'll get run over) nor can you play blindly aggressive and steal tons (because they'll play back at you) so you need to be more creative and get good reads.

Anyway, just my impressions.
    Party has done everything to me to try to get me to quit poker. It drives me crazy. Last bonus I barely broke even, then empire actually cost me money by the time Neteller converted my cash to Canadian dollars. I since fixed the conversion problems and now this bonus comes along. I get a 20% up to $100 so I deposit $600. It's 1K raked hands, so I 4 table $25NL to play safe and just clear it quick. This is the road it took me down, 2 days of stress and real bad players.

So with that bonus and the $4 I made. I have

$704 from Party going to Neteller
    $260 in Neteller
    $140 in Interpoker
    ---------- for a grand total of
    $1104.

I also have $5 or $10 strewn about on different sites that I will return to, or I'll just play out a tourney or two. So I'm thinkin of finishing up the Interpoker $150 welcome bonus on the $25NL tables, then putting in the wad and taking a run at their monthly $500 on the $50NL tables. Any thoughts. If I run through this. I have alot of monthlies I can run with. I also need to hit up AP still now that I have the $750 to match the 100% bonus there. I've been assured I can beat the game ther so the bonus sounds good if thats true.
    First night on Interpoker. Thought I would take it easy and play £25NL instead of $50NL. Wow.

I need to play less variance poker, that is too hard on my heart.

Yea I suck, Villian is the same guy, same table. It got down to H/U and I thought I could get back the first one.

Cryptologic
    No Limit Holdem Ring game
    Blinds: £0.15/£0.25
    6 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:
    UTG: £25
    UTG+1: £6.90
    CO: £21.85
    Button: £34.70
    SB: £55.46
    Hero: £47.80

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A A
    UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero raises to £1, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: K 6 3 (£5, 5 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets £3, UTG calls, 3 folds.

Turn: 2 (£11, 2 players)
    Hero bets £6.5, UTG raises all-in £21, Hero calls.

River: 8 (£53, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: £53)

Results:
    Final pot: £53
    UTG shows 6c 6d
    Hero shows Ah Ac

Cryptologic
    Blinds: £$0.125/£0.25
    2 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:
    SB: £68.55
    Hero: £23.45

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with A A
    SB calls, Hero raises to £1, SB calls.

Flop: 2 9 5 (£2, 2 players)
    Hero bets £1.75, SB raises to £5, Hero calls.

Turn: 4 (£12, 2 players)
    Hero checks, SB bets £4, Hero calls.

River: K ($20, 2 players)
    Hero is all-in £13.45, SB calls.

Results:
    Final pot: £46.9
    Hero shows As Ad
    SB shows Tc Jc
    ZOMG URT SO HOT RIGHT NOW
    LOL OPERATIONS
    So I was playing Interpoker on friday at the start of our "Marathon session" . Great turn out by the way, chat room had, 12 or more people throughout the night. When the tables were breaking up faster than I could get to post the BB. So I took my $750 in Neteller, You guys remember Neteller right? I deposited it in Absolute. I was right into the deep stack 200BB poker, ready to kill it. I played till 3 a.m. about 1.2K hands of break even poker. First time I've done that on a new site. Usualy need to lose about 2 or 3 buy ins, while setting up my hud and getting used to the software. I played on the $25NL tables with $50 stack at each. Thinking I could play some Deep stack, monster hand poker. Nobody was at the max buy in though. Sure there are the Nits with 150 or 200BB, but they aren't letting that go without a fight. So I got some advice.

01:10:41 am : Alexos : TJ u at 25nl or 50?
    01:11:09 am : Trainer_jyms : its hard to say
    01:11:18 am : Trainer_jyms : my roll says $50
    01:11:26 am : Trainer_jyms : but AP says $25
    01:11:30 am : Trainer_jyms : 200BB
    01:11:37 am : takesix : lol you and your 200 bb
    01:11:49 am : takesix : if your not confident in your postflop play dont do that
    01:11:59 am : Trainer_jyms : dude I'm playing $25NL blinds with $50NL stacks
    01:12:03 am : Trainer_jyms : I am
    01:12:46 am : Trainer_jyms : ok
    01:12:52 am : takesix : id probably play 50nl with 100 bbs in your situation, just bc its easier to get someone to lose 100 than 200
    01:13:02 am : takesix : but i could be talking out of my ass too
    01:13:20 am : takesix : as long as your making monies keep it up
    01:13:39 am : Trainer_jyms : you wouldnt play $50 at $25NL
    01:14:19 am : takesix : depends on who i was sitting with
    01:14:25 am : takesix : and if they were deep too
    01:15:21 am : Trainer_jyms : some are
    01:15:29 am : takesix : but most hands dont goto stack off showdown. and id rather raise PF and take down a $7 pot on the flop at 50nl than raise PF and take down a $3.50 flop
    01:15:47 am : takesix : using random figures there, obv
    01:15:50 am : Trainer_jyms : true
    01:16:21 am : Trainer_jyms : this site is killing my game though
    01:16:25 am : takesix : why
    01:16:38 am : Trainer_jyms : too loose
    01:16:42 am : Trainer_jyms : implied odds
    01:16:52 am : takesix : reverse implied odds?
    01:17:02 am : Trainer_jyms : yea
    01:17:10 am : takesix : the looser the games, the more profitable at 14/8 strategy is
    01:17:31 am : takesix : dont go to 22/12 just bc you coulda stacked some moron with a flush
    01:17:42 am : takesix : unless they're THAT passive
    01:21:32 am : Trainer_jyms : ok take, I'm movin on up to the east side

I made the move to where I wanted to be anyway. $300 later I'm sitting with a $1050 on Absolute with $720 in bonus to go.

What do you think?

What about this hand? http://www.pokerhand.org/?795230 . What do you put this guy on? Was this a good fold.

My biggest pot of my carreer, right here http://www.pokerhand.org/?795277 . I had bought to the maximum, because of this guy. He was ripe for picking. How do you guys feel about being able to buy in at 200BB? What about in this situation? I'm at a $50NL table, but re-bought in the $100 because of the fish with the big stack. I was with him for about 100 hands before he hit a nice pot. Is this the same as chasing one at a higher limit? It worked out I know but does that mean I should?

My best night so far last night. Lost a couple big pots, but that hand put me at the $200 mark for Sunday night. i have a hankerin' for some Pokah.
    When your playing bad, you just fight the stick. Nothing goes your way. You bet wrong, you read wrong. And I'm happy to have only lost $12 over 1,092 hands.

Absolute Poker
    Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
    6 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:
    UTG: $54.05
    UTG+1: $178.10
    CO: $59.64
    Hero: $130.05
    SB: $24.75
    BB: $96.30

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with A A
    UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero raises to $2, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: Q 2 K ($6.75, 3 players)
    BB bets $3, UTG folds, Hero raises to $6.5, BB raises to $13, Hero raises to $111, BB calls all-in $81.3.
    Uncalled bets: $16.7 returned to Hero.

Turn: 6 ($195.35, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $195.35)

River: 5 ($195.35, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $195.35)

Results:
    Final pot: $195.35
    BB Shows Qd Qs
    Hero Shows Ad Ah
    Absolute Poker
    6 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:
    UTG: $35
    UTG+1: $66.73
    CO: $27
    Button: $68.74
    Hero: $120.45
    BB: $50.90

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with J J
    UTG calls, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2, BB calls, UTG folds.

Flop: Q J K ($4.5, 2 players)
    Hero bets $2, BB calls.

Turn: 8 ($8.5, 2 players)
    Hero bets $4.5, BB calls.

River: 2 ($17.5, 2 players)
    Hero bets $5, BB raises to $10, Hero raises to $20.5, BB raises all-in $42.4, Hero calls.

Results:
    Final pot: $102.3
    BB Shows 8h 4h

Absolute Poker
    6 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:
    UTG: $48
    UTG+1: $27.10
    Hero: $104.05
    Button: $58
    SB: $65.45
    BB: $87.25

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with Q Q
    UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises to $2.5, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: 3 8 J ($8, 3 players)
    SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2.5, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: 5 ($15.5, 3 players)
    SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2.5, SB calls, BB raises to $10, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: 8 ($38, 2 players)
    BB bets $24.5, Hero calls.

Results:
    Final pot: $87
    BB Shows Jh Jc
    Hero mucks Qd Qh

Absolute Poker
    6 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:
    UTG: $48.75
    UTG+1: $26.05
    Hero: $100.45
    Button: $59.25
    SB: $47.60
    BB: $90.95

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with T K
    UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: Q K 3 ($2.5, 5 players)
    SB bets $1, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.5, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: 8 ($9.5, 2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 7 ($9.5, 2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $8.5, SB raises to $17, Hero calls.

Results:
    Final pot: $43.5
    SB Shows Ah 5h

Absolute Poker
    5 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:
    UTG: $31.92
    Hero: $153.75
    Button: $18.80
    SB: $20.38
    BB: $21.53

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with A K
    UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.5, Button calls, SB raises to $4.5, BB folds, Hero calls, Button raises to $9, SB raises all-in $20.38, Hero calls, Button calls all-in $9.8.

Flop: T 5 8 ($41.76, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $29.9, Sidepot 1: $11.86)

Turn: Q ($41.76, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $29.9, Sidepot 1: $11.86)

River: Q ($41.76, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $29.9, Sidepot 1: $11.86)

Results:
    Final pot: $41.76
    Button Shows Kh Ks
    SB Shows Ac As
    Hero Shows Ah Kc

edit: double post
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer_jyms
    Absolute Poker
    6 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:

Hero bets $2, BB calls.

Hero bets $5, BB raises to $10, Hero raises to $20.5, BB raises all-in $42.4, Hero calls.

Results:
    BB Shows 8h 4h
    why min-raise when the flush comes in? scratch that, why min-raise ever? Also, bet more in relation to the pot.

Absolute Poker
    6 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:

UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises to $2.5, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2.5, SB calls, BB calls.

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2.5????, SB calls, BB raises to $10, Hero calls, SB folds.

Results:
    BB Shows Jh Jc
    Hero mucks Qd Qh
    what the hell? why are you betting like this? i guess your lucky since villain hit his set, but this is pretty bad.
    My betting is just a function of trying new things. Sometimes they don't workout. On the JJ hand, I was trying to get him to comeover the top, on the flop, when he just called, I figured him for a str8 draw or flush draw. When the turn didn't hit I tried, bad play or not, to keep him in. He stayed. When The flush completed I expected him to show me that he hit his Draw. So when he only raised me 2x I thought maybe he had just hit TP or 2 pair, and the rest is just that.

As for the QQ, That's just me trying to keep someone around.These guys love draws with any two suited or overcards. There seems to be no reason to beat them over the head sometimes, depending on the player. This guy was not trying to get me to stack off on the flop or turn i felt. I didn't see that one coming at all. I was willing to play for 1/2 stack when I was dealt QQ so I wasn't going to give it up just because of a slight over bet on the river. This could have been KJo or AJ as much as a flush, the turn raise was what convinced me he had TP. Not many players call the draw on th eflop and raise the turn when not completing. I figured he was just afraid of an A and was waiting to see if it fell before getting to commited. The small bet was to get him to commit, problem was I misread the hand. I had him on TPMK by the turn.

With most of the betting above. I'm trying some things to see what works against what type of player. I admit, sometimes what I'm trying may not be a great Idea. Calling me on it is what I want. I just would like to start getting non std. lines before getting to the $100NL. I played pretty standard after a few of these, and you can see by the graph. I got it all back.
    Another question. Yea I play like shit, I get on heaters and think I'm good, but... Hang on, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I'm selling my house in April. We are moving back to the city. The wife can't handle commuting. We will be renting for about two years, until her work decides where they want to move too themselves, when the lease is up at the end of /07. We may be in a position to have me quit my job, to persue other interests. If I get my roll up to $2.5K after moving to $100NL, (hopefully moving by march) How easy can I maintain a possible $150-$200 a day withdrawls playing poker while still building a roll. Ok, I understand variance. I understand BR management if you need to start withdrawing. I will have some cushion, not alot, but some, with the sale of the house. My goal is not Full time poker player. More of a put the kid in daycare for half days, play half days as well as my usual amounts of 45K hands a month at night. I want to look for a new line of work, but earn enough to maintain the staatus quo, until I figure out my situation.

I don't need $100 an hour, for a long term plan. I am wondering what the feeling is about the stability of poker for this type of earning. I'm Canadian, so online bans, taxes and other poker problems are not of a concern as much as the ability to earn some part time money. For a certain amount of time. 2 buy ins a day at $100NL, or 1 buy in a day a $200NL. Can this be acheived with little pressure, if I spend some considerable time on my game between now and the end of april? Between bonus whoring, playing a ton of hands (50K+) a month and some improvement to my game, can I do this.
    I would at least wait until you're at nl200 or 400 if you have to cash out around $1k-1.4k a week. Sooner or later you hit a breakeven stretch and you lose your bankroll. If you have rakeback, try to cash that out and then 2 weeks later make a matching cashout, that way you get "paid" bi-weekly and it should be around $1600-1800 every two weeks depending on how much you play.. but I would definitely wait until I was rolled for nl200 at the minimum.
    The rakeback is something I'm considering as well. Yes, I would like to withdraw only every two weeks. I will have some cushion as I said, with proceeds from the sale of my house. My problem is, I would like to also build the roll while doing this. I can either commit a figure to the bankroll and withdraw what is left, or just pick a number to withdraw and everything else goes to the roll.

Here's a question, If I play 50K hands a month, just like now (I can play twice that without working) how much rakeback is that a month at $100NL and $200NL, Approx. I would assume that at $100NL x 50K hands, I should be able to take $1k+/a month, in rakeback alone.

These are just ideas, I'm not "going for it yet". I still have a considerable bankroll build and haven't even listed the house for sale yet. If the house fails to cushion this run, It ain't happening. I could literally drop all the way back to $10NL again, just as easily as do this, I know. If I do attempt this, I will take a leave of absence from work, which would allow me to drop right back into my old job, so I would have a fall back position.
    Change your av
    50k hands at 100nl at FTP would be around $1250 IIRC. I'm not sure at Absolute since they changed their rake to "contributed" instead of generated or whatever it was before, so it cuts back about 1/3 of your RB, but I would say it'd be at like $1k (since it's 30% instead of FTP's 27%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigspenda73
    Change your av
    Why.
    Just a quick update. I like to bump my own thread. I changed the title again for now, let's see if it sticks.

Currently, I'm at $1200 on Absolute with $700 in bonus to go, and $350 on Crypto(Interpoker) with $150 remaining in bonus. So It's now a drive for $100NL
    How is the nl50 game there? Passive or aggressive? I've heard it's a lot looser than FTP, how's the aggression?
    It's fairly loose. Not hard to find tables at $50NL with stats in the 35+ VP$P and PFR% of around or under 10. If you practice table selection, and don't get married to tables, an easy game is always available. They are fairly aggressive around the flop, pre or post, But they settle down alot on the last two streets. Not to many are good at hiding their hands by then. It seems that basically, they are learning the next step of poker after preflop hand selection. Some are playing back post flop, reraising C-bets, C/R the flop. But that is all, I can take down alot of mid sized pots just by calling the reraise and firing again on the turn. I don't bluff much at all, there are enough stations that it will cost you, but there is money in TPTK type hands. One play they all seem to like is firing two mid sized barrels when they have draws. Then they check the river, if I bet out 1/2 PSB's with TP they don't call often. As for compared to FTP, AP's $100NL is easier than FTP's $10NL. No doubt about it. I played $100NL last night when I was up about $45. I told myself I would play 200 handsof my regular game, no reloads. If I lost 1/3 my stack I would quit the table. i left 1/4 tables before the 50 hands. I made another $50 total there. Not moving up yet but I wanted to see the game. 3 of 4 tables were in the 38/10 range, and alot of players with stats in the 30/10/1.2 range, with enough 50/5/1 players mixed in at midnight. I may take a small run on the drunken Friday/Saturday nights
    Awesome, thanks. I'm torn between the traffic/mtts of FTP and the looseness/reload bonuses of AP. How many people does AP get at late night (midnight - 7 am EST) on average?
    I'd have to check. I'd be willing to bet it's about a third. There are easily 25 or 30, $50NL tables, and always 6 or 7 with 4 or 5 players, so getting seats aat full tables is easy. The only thing that sucks is datamining requires another program for $35. I like to do this before I move up in stakes. Maybe I invest, maybe not. But as to your question, I bet that even with less tabls to choose from, Any FTP winning player will make way more $$$ than you make at FTP. Playing the FTP $10NL game prepared me for the $50NL game at AP.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigspenda73
    Change your av
    Why.
    3 Hot chicks>>>>>>>>>>a dude's hand
    Have you ever Just wanted to choke the fuck out of someone. I mean really choke the fuck out of someone. If my wife asks me how poker went last night, I may seriously harm her.

This is February, AIKAIKAIKAIK

Cryptologic
    6 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:
    UTG: $7.95
    UTG+1: $33.22
    CO: $45
    Button: $111.15
    SB: $45.15
    Hero: $54.75

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with J A
    3 folds, Button raises to $1.5, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: A J 7 ($3.25, 2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $1.5, Hero calls.

Turn: 7 ($6.25, 2 players)
    Hero bets $2, Button raises to $8, Hero calls.

River: J ($22.25, 2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $20, Hero raises all-in $43.75, Button calls.

Results:
    Final pot: $109.75
    Hero shows Jh Ad
    Button shows Ah As

Absolute Poker
    6 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero raises to $2, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

BB bets $3, UTG folds, Hero raises to $6.5, BB raises to $13, Hero raises to $111, BB calls all-in $81.3.

Results:
    BB Shows Qd Qs
    Hero Shows Ad Ah

Absolute Poker
    6 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:
    UTG: $47.62
    UTG+1: $56.90
    CO: $38.95
    Button: $33.61
    SB: $80.20
    Hero: $93.98

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q Q
    UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO raises to $2, Button calls, SB calls, Hero raises to $8, 3 folds, SB calls.

Flop: 5 6 8 ($20.5, 2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $16, SB calls.

Turn: J ($52.5, 2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $50, SB raises all-in $56.2, Hero calls.

River: 9 ($164.9, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $164.9)

Results:
    Final pot: $164.9
    SB Shows 5h 5s
    Hero Shows Qd Qh

Absolute Poker
    5 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:
    UTG: $11.30
    CO: $79.86
    Hero: $73.39
    SB: $89.16
    BB: $24.35

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with Q 8
    UTG calls, CO raises to $1, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 8 9 8 ($4.5, 4 players)
    SB checks, UTG checks, CO bets $2, Hero calls, 2 folds.

Turn: Q ($8.5, 2 players)
    CO bets $2, Hero raises to $5, CO calls.

River: K ($18.5, 2 players)
    CO checks, Hero bets $6.5, CO raises to $20.5, Hero raises to $56, CO raises all-in $71.86, Hero calls all-in $9.39.
    Uncalled bets: $6.47 returned to CO.

Results:
    Final pot: $149.28
    CO Shows Kh Kd

Absolute Poker
    6 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:

Hero bets $2, BB calls.

Results:
    BB Shows 8h 4h

I have a hundred of them this month. How many you want to see?
    Rough, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to offer comments or not, I don't feel like getting the piss choked out of me.

The AA/QQ/JJ hands are all misplayed (before I saw the results).

AA I call the reraise and fold the turn as played. I'd have to have a heck of read to push over a 3 bet with only an over pair. I'd expect villian to have KQ or OESD instead of a set, etiher way, if you're ahead it's not by much.

QQ, some people (myself included) will only call a reraise with AA/KK preflop figuring they can make more by trapping QQ/JJ/KK than just pushing preflop. After being called on the flop, I'd check the turn for pot control. It's possible that he'd call a pot committing bet on a draw, but if he did he'll just fold, whereas if he has you beat, he'll call you every time.

JJ: Just call the river raise. It looks like a made flush that he was drawing to, why push where only a better hand calls you? If that heart didn't help him and he had a hand, he'd have reraise before.
    Putney, UK; Full Tilt,Mansion; $50 NL and PL; $13 and $16 SNGs at Stars
    Amen. There's a lot of spewage here. In each case the villain tipped the strength of his hand and you refused to believe him. I'm not saying don't raise, but when he plays back at you when an obvious hand (or more) is on the table, just call. You lost $32 on the JJ hand because you couldn't lay down/call with trip jacks on a board where almost any strong hand beats them.

*runs away, joins witness protection*
    Should the turn raise be more with the Q8 hand? Villian only bets 1/4 pot on the turn and you only 2.5X him.
    hhhmmmm. last four days.

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I have a new project under way. I am working on my game a lot. I am taking a new route towards my growth as a player and am spending more time on improving.
    nice results over the last few days. what are you doing, besides putting in hands, to help improve your game?
    Wow! That's pretty impressive. And I thought my 10bb/100 on Pokerroom was good.

Would be interesting to learn what you are working on in your game. Not quite sure if you read my blog but I am trying some new things as well before I move up to $50NL.
    Sweet TJ. Keep it up.
    Actually, I'm doing a few things. Nothing ground breaking. Bode, you asked
    what are you doing, besides putting in hands?
    Try 60K hands since Jan 1/07.

I've decided that If I'm going to play poker, seriously, then I'm going to play serious poker. I stopped fucking around. Every post I read that has nothing to do with helping my game is time wasted. Every post I respond to that is answered already, or has been answered 100 times is time wasted. I have no problems with the commune or most of FTR, I love this place and owe it a ton. I will always be FTR through and though, but I have been playing for a year and barely made a $1K bankroll. With over 179K hands in PT It's time to stop fucking around. Answering posts in teh beginner forum is for guys that have a game.

I have joined several poker related sites lately that is meant to help my game. I have started watching more Videos. Especially before starting up my tables. I have read several good articles, here and around other sites on tilt, that have helped immensely. I want to give back, but how can I give back when I need so much help myself.

I have re-read TOP, NLHE T&P again in a matter of days. I can't tell you how much you get from a second or third reading. I've stopped reading the newspaper, I read poker sites.

I basically have immersed myself in poker. It's fuckin' February. I live in Canada. What the hell am I going to do, watch another episode of Seinfeld on the TV? I don't watch TV anymore. I spend time with the family, and watch Kids movies when my son is awake. When he's asleep it's poker time. I don't plan on doing this forever, but this long slow bankroll build, tear down, rebuild, lose it again, 'what the fuck is wrong with my game?', is too much. Time to move on up.

Here's another one, You guys spent how much time waiting to have that Rizen interview. I talk to him every night. Except when he has his days off. I spend time talking, (mostly listening) to Soupie, Rizen, Digital Doc, Sykedupp, and a lot of poker pro's. I now spend a lot of extra time talking "shop" on Aim. Ghosting other players, and like I said, watching videos of guys better than me. Ellipses Jeff, Irisheyes, and plenty of players on the "other" forum have free vid's. If you have a BR under $1K and your playing anything under $100NL, you should have watched these. All of them. Not some moron on Youtube, but proven winners.

Lastly, I stopped giving these guys I play with Respect. It's $10NL, $25NL and $50NL. They are weekend gamblers. Fuck i have 24,000 players in my database. How many have been to FTR, 2+2, or pocket fives. 1%, 5%? How many have heard of Poker Tracker, Poker Stove or even NLHE T&P. I have been running 16/9/2 give or take for the last 4 days. How many do you think notice? Why the hell am I worried about what they put me on, when they are probably watching the fuckin' Mavericks game while playing. 90% of them have never heard of BR management and have most of their rolls on the tables. I play 4 tables, I play as Nitty as possible, I pound the fuck out of them, and they fold. I don't get involved in big pots with True TAGG's unless I have the goods, and I never let a short stack play post flop without putting his stack on the line. I pick a price and that's as far as my TPTK goes, depending on the player and his range. No more calling Big "come alive on the river "bets.

But, mostly its hands, hands, videos, and reading. The whole month of February from last Saturday till the end of the month is "poker" month.
    Dude, stop winning so much. I was gonna be at $50NL in like a week and wanted to pwn you a bit before you moved up to $100NL. Guess I'll have to gitty-up.
    Sick run man. Keep on grindin'!
    Tell us the PF strat that gets you to 17.7/8.5

Are you never 3betting anything but AA/KK?
    Are you not raising 22-66 UTG?
    Are you limping behind a lot?

I know they're not paying attention much even at $50NL so this seems to be quite good to me.

UTG I raise all PP, I may limp KQs, QJs but fold to a raise. I sometimes limp AA, KK if I'm confident in a raise behind.
    MP I raise all PP and KQs+ and AQo+. I limp any KJo, AJo and fold any T.
    CO get a little tricky dependin on the button. I play button type hands like SC and Axs if I can steal the button most times. I don't mind a TAGG to my left for this reason. If I am playing a weaker Button hand, I raise 5XBB or more, and JJ+ to hide them.
    Button is typical. I raise everything PP, SC 56+, A8o+, and more. I do limp alot against certain players too.
    Blinds, I am tight, super tight. I will complete with a hand if I can make a flop a monster. I never complete with KJo, ATo, or SC below 89 unless the stack is large enough to warrant it. BB is the same but I will raise against a SB limp opening with ATC.

I stopped worrying about the raising so much. I limp a little more often than before, mostly weaker cards of my range and the odd AA, KK or QQ. I was reading where Sklansky was saying that because in NL the river bets are so large in comparison to the pre flop or flop betting, sometimes as much as 30BB+, that raising is not as important as you may think. I have found, especially with AJ and KQ type hands. This helps with pot control. For example. If I'm playing a loose table and limp KQ from the CO and the Button, small blind completes and BB checks , I now see a flop with a pot of 4BB's. Same hand with hero raising and just one caller is 8.5 or 9 BB's. When holding KQ after a flop of K94 rainbow, you now have to C/bet 3/4 to full pot . If you get called, do you want a turn card with 27BB's in a raised pot, or an unraised 12BB's. on the turn it's a lot easier to let go to aggression with a 3/4+ pot bet with the latter than to be playing a 50+BB pot with KQo on that board.

These guys will get it all in. Control the pot, don't play hands that leave you to hard decisions after the flop. And don't play KJo "because you may hit a monster" and then get involved in large pots with a 45/8/1.5 holding TPMK and wondering if you should call. They will pay, just make them pay on your terms.
    Oh yea, if your going to start 3 betting, don't just three bet AA and KK, You need to open your range. Even the most stupid players "know 3 bets are AA and KK. It's such a different play than the "norm' that this does need to be hidden.
    Hey Trainer,

We seem to have a very similar approach to shorthanded NL Poker. I am just curious to find out your stance on open-limping. I am usually against this approach despite agreeing to a certain extent with Sklansky in NLHTP where he even advocated open-limping on the button with a wide range of hands. I'm pretty sure that this is something I should work on.
    Lastly, I stopped giving these guys I play with Respect. It's $10NL, $25NL and $50NL. They are weekend gamblers. Fuck i have 24,000 players in my database. How many have been to FTR, 2+2, or pocket fives. 1%, 5%? How many have heard of Poker Tracker, Poker Stove or even NLHE T&P. I have been running 16/9/2 give or take for the last 4 days. How many do you think notice? Why the hell am I worried about what they put me on, when they are probably watching the fuckin' Mavericks game while playing. 90% of them have never heard of BR management and have most of their rolls on the tables. I play 4 tables, I play as Nitty as possible, I pound the fuck out of them, and they fold. I don't get involved in big pots with True TAGG's unless I have the goods, and I never let a short stack play post flop without putting his stack on the line. I pick a price and that's as far as my TPTK goes, depending on the player and his range. No more calling Big "come alive on the river "bets.
    Well stated and I totally agree.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Your stats say you're openlimping 1/3 of your hands UTG.

Really?

Seriously, really?
    you seen it. You railed me last night. Would you not agree, that at some tables, against some players, it's absolutely unnecessary to play as aggressive as generally thought. I have tables with many Weak tight or Tight aggressive players that makes it imperative that you raise, to get the pot built, to drive out week hands and get HU, or to just set up a C-bet to take down a smaller pot. But after watching last night, would you not agree that getting into hands against some villains with deep stacks and playing post flop is more important than showing aggression early.

It's not uncommon for me to have 1 out of 4 tables that my stats are 9/9/5 and others that are 24/8/2 because of the table dynamic. I've really been trying to play according to my table and not play a "style". I agree that open limping UTG, is not recommended unless you can justify reasons why you do, only after the fact when looking over PT's hand reviews.
    at some tables, against some players, it's absolutely unnecessary to play as aggressive as generally thought.

Quoting for motherfucking truth. It's been decreed on FTR that hyper-aggression pre-flop is the way forward bar none; at the limits TJ and I play this simply isn't true! Many hands can be successfully, and even optimally, limped pre-flop when conditions are right.
    First time you agreed with me in this whole 3 page thread. Must mean I'm coming along as a player, finally.
    Dude, don't think that my approval implies anything positive about your poker play, I'm a donk
    When your playing bad, you just fight the stick. Nothing goes your way. You bet wrong, you read wrong. And I'm happy to have only lost $12 over 1,092 hands.

Absolute Poker
    6 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:

BB bets $3, UTG folds, Hero raises to $6.5 Raise more, fold to raise, BB raises to $13, Hero raises to $111, BB calls all-in $81.3.

Results:
    BB Shows Qd Qs
    Hero Shows Ad Ah
    Absolute Poker
    6 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:

Hero bets $2, BB calls.

Hero bets $5, BB raises to $10, Call, don't raise Hero raises to $20.5, BB raises all-in $42.4, Hero calls.

Results:
    BB Shows 8h 4h

Absolute Poker
    6 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2.5 Bet more, check behind on turn for pot control, SB calls, BB calls.

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2.5, SB calls, BB raises to $10, Hero calls, SB folds.

Results:
    BB Shows Jh Jc
    Hero mucks Qd Qh

Absolute Poker
    6 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:
    UTG: $48.75
    UTG+1: $26.05
    Hero: $100.45
    Button: $59.25
    SB: $47.60
    BB: $90.95

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with T K
    UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: Q K 3 ($2.5, 5 players)
    SB bets $1, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.5, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: 8 ($9.5, 2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 7 ($9.5, 2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $8.5, SB raises to $17, Hero calls. Push rest in, he has lower flush way too much

Results:
    Final pot: $43.5
    SB Shows Ah 5h

Absolute Poker
    5 players
    Converter

Stack sizes:
    UTG: $31.92
    Hero: $153.75
    Button: $18.80
    SB: $20.38
    BB: $21.53

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with A K
    UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.5, Button calls, SB raises to $4.5, BB folds, Hero calls, Button raises to $9, SB raises all-in $20.38, Hero calls, Button calls all-in $9.8. With short stacks i dont think you're getting away from this

Flop: T 5 8 ($41.76, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $29.9, Sidepot 1: $11.86)

Turn: Q ($41.76, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $29.9, Sidepot 1: $11.86)

River: Q ($41.76, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $29.9, Sidepot 1: $11.86)

Results:
    Final pot: $41.76
    Button Shows Kh Ks
    SB Shows Ac As
    Hero Shows Ah Kc

Check out the new blog!!!
    you seen it. You railed me last night. Would you not agree, that at some tables, against some players, it's absolutely unnecessary to play as aggressive as generally thought. I have tables with many Weak tight or Tight aggressive players that makes it imperative that you raise, to get the pot built, to drive out week hands and get HU, or to just set up a C-bet to take down a smaller pot. But after watching last night, would you not agree that getting into hands against some villains with deep stacks and playing post flop is more important than showing aggression early.

It's not uncommon for me to have 1 out of 4 tables that my stats are 9/9/5 and others that are 24/8/2 because of the table dynamic. I've really been trying to play according to my table and not play a "style". I agree that open limping UTG, is not recommended unless you can justify reasons why you do, only after the fact when looking over PT's hand reviews.

Let's take your good buddy SJPoker for example last night. Here's a guy I want to play HU postflop every single hand if I have the chance. Therefore Im not limping UTG with hands. Is this incorrect?

We want to play large pots with this donkey b/c he's pushing Ace high on a 789TJ board.

All in all it was late and I was just surprised to see that you are 15/10 UTG. I really do not remember you openlimping from that spot too much and I probably watched....600 hands.
    THE END

New blog.
    ^^^^^^^
    clicky