Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

$10 (FT) SNG for review

Default $10 (FT) SNG for review

Frustrating tourney; basically blinded out. Obviously the AQ fold and final 22 hands are both borderline ICM plays.

http://www.flopturnriver.com/Online-Poker-Tournament-6029.html

AQ: Villian had been relatively tight up to that point, 14/13 after 93 hands, so I played it safe.

22: Haven't run it through SNG Wiz, but it is probably a -EV push, and I knew that at the time. But I felt it was the best chance I had going forward with all the raising being done.

Anyone thoughts are appreciated.
    5. KJo - not sure why you didn't raise preflop rather than just completing

K 9 Button (Hero's M = 16.23; f+F+f) (between 7 and 8) - I'd consider raising preflop depending on stack size setup

8. AJo - 300 is plenty preflop

9. AQo - the other option would be to shove preflop, but as played I agree with your play, that's not a good flop to c-bet and if opp checks behind to give you a free shot at your draw then so much the better.

11. KJo - maybe I'm over aggressive but if opp had been raising a lot preflop I would shove back in his face

12. 22 - I ran this in SNG Wiz with big stack raising 35% and (obv) calling your shove with everything he raised, and this was -0.5% EV so your instinct was correct. Breakeven raise/call range for opp in this spot is about 75%.

Overall seemed pretty good however.
    Thanks, I appreciate your input.
    Hand 1: i usually 3 bet AKs here, and expect to get lots of calls from worse.

Hand:7: Why pot size c bet here, 1/2 pot is going to get everything thats gonna fold to a pot size bet to fold. + when he decides to shove with Ad, Qx, or whatever your saving lots of chips.

right after hand 11: was this a shove/call? if it was standard raise/call i'm shoving AQ especially as the short stack you would still have FE and are probably way ahead of their ranges.
    Last edited by fulksy; 08-10-2010 at 01:54 AM.