Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

$1.75 turbo on stars, check my line

Default $1.75 turbo on stars, check my line

Check this line. Should I have called his push with this overpair or should his reraise have screamed overpair (higher than my 10s?) or are a lot of people reraising with most PPs at this level? Thanks

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

BB (t5535)
    Button (t9715)
    Hero (t11750)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, T.
    Button calls t600, Hero raises to t2400, 1 fold, Button raises to t4250, Hero calls t1800.

Flop: (t8500) 7, 3, 2 (2 players)
    Hero bets t1800, Button raises to t5465, Hero calls t3665.

Turn: (t19430) 9 (2 players)

River: (t19430) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: t19430
    TT no good in this spot I feel.
    BLOG!;
    READ
    COMMENT
    Preflop, he called you raised and he reraised you. This is the point when you have to make your decisions based on reads - if you think he has AA-JJ fold, if yuo think he has 2 overcards call, if you think he has a lesser hand come over the top.

Once you make this decision the flop is easy - you got a very good flop, then you come over the top

Hmm, only made this play because I NEVER saw him limp big hands ever. We were in final 3 for at least 10 minutes.. FT was like 30 minutes... He never limped big hands, hence why I thought he was weak. He ended up showing KK.

So is this mainly a read situation?
    Mainly yes. It has to do with the fact that no hand you're ahead of acts that confident, even at this level. Well, lol maybe sometimes.
    It's not what's inside that counts. Have you seen what's inside?
    Internal organs. And they're getting uglier by the minute.
    Very few players are even capable of playing like this with anything worse than QQ, so I usually fold pre-flop to the re-raise.