Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

$5.50 6max $5K guaranteed

Default $5.50 6max $5K guaranteed

only bout 115 left out of 2240 .. tough spot here .. ive been raising 2.5x and getting folds at this table, ive been here for 2hrs .. 4 others same with me .. this villan just moved its his 1st hand .. my thinking is he is raising wide with but raise and he doesnt think im strong so i play back at him and he calls .. once he checks river i almost have to push .. how was this played?? how was his play should he call my push?? turns out hes a super nit and got bluffed in another big situation too .. but is this a good bluff normally??

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 600/1200 Blinds 125 Ante (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) (t38012)
    SB (t71310)
    BB (t84050)
    UTG (t60865)
    MP (t92827)
    CO (t96958)

Hero's M: 14.91

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, A
    3 folds, Hero bets t3050, 1 fold, BB raises to t9600, Hero raises to t21600, BB calls t12000

Flop: (t44550) J, 7, 3 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets t16287 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: t44550
    I just give a random credit for the 3bet and let him have it. Random microstakes donks call with bad hands, not 3bet them. If you have history and think 4betting is best, shove pre. You only have 30BB's and you can't 4bet/fold for over half your stack
    I agree with fjuanl but if he's going to call the 4-bet and then fold for 16K more on the flop then you should do what you did, impossible to predict that he'll do this though.

It makes no sense at all to say he just got moved to the table but you think he has a wide range.
    i didnt say i thought he has a wide range, i said maybe he thought i was BU raising wide so he thought he could 3 bet me off with a wider range so i essentially thought 4 betting (essentially committing myself) would push him back off once he called i guess he was stronger than i originally thought but once he checks to me i have to push the flop how else can i play it, i just dont see how he can fold there. if i 4 bet all in he prolly calls more in that spot looks more bluffish though right?? or should i normally give up after he 3 bets and wait??
    Yah, I would give him credit for a hand & just fold to the 3-bet,.. why committ yourself here on 14M w ATo vs a player you have no reads on at all?
    1) don't post results

2) spend a second proof reading, this sentence makes no sense:

my thinking is he is raising wide with but raise and he doesnt think im strong so i play back at him and he calls
    Note it says exactly that you think he's raising wide.

i didnt say i thought he has a wide range
    Slow down, punctuate (properly - sentences get one period, not three), and capitalize. It will improve your communication with the forum and help everyone reply with useful thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by drmcboy
    1) don't post results

2) spend a second proof reading, this sentence makes no sense:

my thinking is he is raising wide with but raise and he doesnt think im strong so i play back at him and he calls
    Note it says exactly that you think he's raising wide.

i didnt say i thought he has a wide range
    Slow down, punctuate (properly - sentences get one period, not three), and capitalize. It will improve your communication with the forum and help everyone reply with useful thoughts.
    normally i dont post results but all i wanted from this one was if 4 betting this was an ok play?? isnt it possible that he was 3 betting a wide range because it was a BUTTON raise which is why i felt a 4 bet or fold was the right play. and as played once he checks i have to push all in on the flop regardless right? i was not expecting him to fold here at all with so much invested

and sorry for the rambling sentences i was still playing the tourney and just posted the hand real quick. i was hoping to get feedback quickly
    1. Post HH after you get done playing. Dont take focus off of the game to post.

2. Folding>shoving>calling>4bet, with it being really close between shoving and calling imo.