Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

Shove any two??

Default Shove any two??

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $5.00+$0.50 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds 25 Ante (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP (t3503)
    Button (t5372)
    Hero (SB) (t11597)
    BB (t1899)
    UTG (t4629)

Hero's M: 16.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2, 7
    4 folds

Total pot: t525
    Roco415.
    Yep, I would definitely shove ATC in this spot (and I hope you were open shoving a bunch of hands before this too with the big stack).
    yeh thats why i was hesitant...figured i had widened thier ranges too far
    Roco415.
    Depends on the calling range of the BB.

In a vacuum I would not shove 27o into the short stack in the BB when the blinds are 25% of his stack and his calling range is probably very wide

if you have been shuving and stealing alot then this is probably a bad idea with ATC although i would shuv alot here.. 27o is a bit of a strech tho.

mb like SCs, suited 1 gappers, Jx Qx Kx and Ax

any1 else thoughts on ranges for shuving here?
    Quote Originally Posted by lNormajean
    any1 else thoughts on ranges for shuving here?
    def any PP as well
    If it's you first steal in a while i wouldn't hesitate to shove ATC here. Otherwise i'd think twice about it.
    don't mess with the shortie. use him for fear factor instead.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    You shove any two for sure. I'm not 100% on this, but I think that shorty should also call any two.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingSaucy
    You shove any two for sure. I'm not 100% on this, but I think that shorty should also call any two.
    I ran this in SNG Wiz and it's a good shove with 72o provided that opp calls with 52% or tighter, which I think is a reasonable assumption. I also ran it from opp's perspective, and even if he knows we are shoving ATC he should only call with 42%.

That said, if the other stacks are playing weak/tight because of the shorty and the bubble, folding to the shorty and pwning their asses with raises/shoves for the next 3 hands isn't a bad strategy either.
    Quote Originally Posted by taipan168
    That said, if the other stacks are playing weak/tight because of the shorty and the bubble, folding to the shorty and pwning their asses with raises/shoves for the next 3 hands isn't a bad strategy either.
    This is generally what I do. It takes a special situation for me to shove 72o and this isn't one of those.
    Poker is easy, it's winning at poker that's hard.