Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

Bottom Two Facing Turn Min-raise Multi-way

Default Bottom Two Facing Turn Min-raise Multi-way

Villain looks fishy. Usually I'm happy to stack off with two pair, but villain does min-raise a bet and call on the turn. Stack off with two pair on the turn? Call and maybe call another river bet? Or fold now?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

Button ($7.03)
    SB ($4.27)
    Hero (BB) ($6.20)
    UTG ($5.16)
    MP ($4.58)
    CO ($6.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2, 7
    1 fold, MP calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, 1 fold, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.20) 6, A, 7 (4 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, SB calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.60) 2 (4 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, 1 fold, CO calls $0.60, SB raises to $1.20, Hero ???
    Last edited by abelardx; 10-01-2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: same as the other hand
    I don't like the flop bet in your position.

Turn is like dude WTF, I think with this sizing I call and re-eval river, try to play a small pot but be prepared to fold the river.
    What was the thinking behind leading half pot on the flop?
    blah i mean you block a lot of his possibly raising hands. This feels like a fold cause you bet pot and got a call and are raised, but in practice I'd prob peel one off and fold rivers.

It's prob better to fold turn though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean Counter View Post
    What was the thinking behind leading half pot on the flop?
    Sometimes that will take it down. Probably I was thinking that I would get some value from draws and then check down brick runouts. Possibly I thought my hand was best.
    fold. I dont mind flop bet particularly as we cant chk call profitably and villains can fold some decent equity. Id take this stab with any pair on this board and some draws too. Id prolly size it a pinch bigger
    Did the 72 Promo @ stars play a part in this hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by eugmac View Post
    Did the 72 Promo @ stars play a part in this hand?
    Unfortunately no. This is Bovada. The Bovada Hand Converter translates Bovada to Stars.
    Your hand is hardly ever best on the flop, so many people will limp w/ rag Aces not to mention you don't even have a decent kicker w/ your 2nd pair. C/f the flop.

The c/c flop and c/r turn line is just the typical super strong line at these stakes and it's time to fold.
    Currently grinding live cash games. Life is good.