Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

$1.2 SNG strategy

Default $1.2 SNG strategy

Have you all ever taken a look at a player called ImaDreamer? Take a look at that players sharkscope. ImaDreamer is basically the king of profit on 1.2 dollar sit and gos. I found Ima by searching the leaderboards on sharkscope because I've been trying to find a 1.2 dollar SNG MTTs successful players to shadow.

I decided to look at some of Ima's playing style and found this.

* limper
    * plays more than needed pots early in the tourney
    * plays very short stacks and doesn't go all in
    * bets 30 into a 120 pot with As8sQ... gets raised 120, calls, A8Q5, gets raised 180, folds
    * (7 people left at tourney)A9s, calls BB with 100 chips with 1 limper behind. 1800 chips left. SB completes, BB goes all in for 730, first limper folds, hero/Ima calls, SB folds... BB has J9s and loses
    * bets 60 into a 750 chip pot with Q8 post flop, villian goes all in, Ima calls, villian wins with QJ

Now this is about opposite of the playing style that is suggested. What kind of comments do you all have about his successful nature and playing style? I suggest you take a look at his play yourself on Pokerstars because it is interesting. Ima has made about a 1000 dollar profit so far.
    This doesn't sound like optimal strategy to me. The thing is, to be a winning player you just need to be less bad than your opponents. Who says he couldn't be more of a winning player if he played better?
    Why does he play such little games now with such a high bankroll? Battle of the Planets.

He probably developed a strategy that works against the common $1 player. Enough to get 2nd or 3rd a good portion of the time. What he is doing is 4-tabling the $1 and going for the High Orbit Mercury Leaderboard. You can pretty much place as long as you maintain a reasonably positive ROI over 100 games.

Last week he scored $20 from the BoP for last week, a hidden gain to his ROI for +16.6% for this week.
    As of writing this he is holding 10th place this week, if no one knocks him down a place he gets $30 as well as a ticket to the triple shootout. Which I think really is his true goal in all of this.
    (Josh)
    what kind of ROI does he have, i have to agree with Taipan, it dosn't seem that he's playin the best strategy and could be winning more. but i guess its workin well for him so who knows.