Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

Anyone want to front me some cash?

Default Anyone want to front me some cash?

Alright, here's the deal: My fucking parents decided I had gambling and drug (pot, gimme a break) problems and took 8000 bucks from my bank acct a month ago (the acct was set up when I was real young and her name was still on it with mine). I busted out with the 400 I had left on interpoker, so I have been taking a break from online poker since then.

Anyways, I'm getting 1000 bucks back from my mom in a week and a half when I go back to school, and I also just got approved for a 1300 limit credit card which I'm waiting to receive in the mail. I'd like to start back playing online right now if possible, so if anyone wants to transfer 100 (or 200) bucks to me via any party skin or neteller, I would greatly appreciate it and I would agree to get you back with $175 (for $100 loan) or $300 (for $200 loan) within two weeks.
    Also, I should add that thru 27k hands in PT 4-tabling NL 50 and 100 6-max with a 44% VPIP, I'm up $4300 (7BB/100 hands, if interested I can send you my pt database), so you'd likely have your money back within hours, barring a bad run of cards. I'll either be playing rocklike NL 25 ring on a party skin and/or putting $100 into interpoker to get their $100 monthly bonus (they're still doing that right?)
    Maybe this isn't the best hand history to post to inspire faith in my playing ability, but you want to back a ballsy dude right? Haha. Just look at how well I can put people on tilt. I got this rock calling me down for $150 more with a measly pair of twos. Gotta love it when your bluff ends up as the best hand.

Anyways, if anyone isn't too sketched out by this offer and has online money to spare, send me a pm or something.

***** Hand History for Game 976399134 *****
    0/0 TEXASHTGAMETABLE (NL) - WED SEP 22 18:48:57 EDT 2004
    Table Table 14131 (6 max) (Real Money) -- Seat 3 is the button
    Total number of players : 6
    Seat 1: Meheut ( $51.50)
    Seat 2: cbailey02 ( $69.22)
    Seat 3: Big_Norte ( $243.32)
    Seat 4: winsmore ( $55.90)
    Seat 5: NotTooGood27 ( $308.05)
    Seat 6: thundrstrike ( $38.50)
    winsmore posts small blind (0.50)
    NotTooGood27 posts big blind (1)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to NotTooGood27 [ 8c, Th ]
    thundrstrike folds.
    Meheut calls (1)
    cbailey02 folds.
    Big_Norte calls (1)
    winsmore calls (0.50)
    NotTooGood27 raises (3) to 4
    Meheut calls (3)
    Big_Norte calls (3)
    winsmore folds.
    ** Dealing Flop ** : [ 8s, 2h, Jd ]
    NotTooGood27 bets (10)
    Meheut folds.
    Big_Norte calls (10)
    ** Dealing Turn ** : [ 7h ]
    NotTooGood27 checks.
    Big_Norte bets (5)
    NotTooGood27 calls (5)
    ** Dealing River ** : [ Ks ]
    NotTooGood27 bets (40)
    Big_Norte raises (80) to 80
    NotTooGood27 raises (249.05) to 289.05
    NotTooGood27 is all-In.
    Big_Norte calls (144.32)
    Big_Norte is all-In.
    Creating Main Pot with $489.64 with Big_Norte
    Creating Side Pot 1 with $64.73 with NotTooGood27
    ** Summary **
    Main Pot: $489.64 | Side Pot 1: $64.73 | Rake: $2
    Board: [ 8s 2h Jd 7h Ks ]
    Meheut balance $47.50, lost $4 (folded)
    cbailey02 balance $69.22, didn't bet (folded)
    Big_Norte balance $0, lost $243.32 [ 2d Qs ] [ a pair of twos -- Ks,Qs,Jd,2d,2h ]
    winsmore balance $54.90, lost $1 (folded)
    NotTooGood27 balance $554.37, bet $308.05, collected $554.37, net +$246.32 [ 8c Th ] [ a pair of eights -- Ks,Jd,Th,8c,8s ]
    thundrstrike balance $38.50, didn't bet (folded)
    Well its a kind of a big ask man. I can give ya $17.33 if youre on primapoker :P

Good luck with your parents... just do the old "why does it still seem like gambling to you?" quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanners
    Well its a kind of a big ask man. I can give ya $17.33 if youre on primapoker :P

Good luck with your parents... just do the old "why does it still seem like gambling to you?" quote!
    seems like our boy/girl here Spanners (a.k.a Jim Morrison) has a Rounders fetish

Twosevoff, geez what a ballsy move you made in that hand. Paid off though!
    There is more to poker than life
    Wow, that's some crazy-ass betting both ways with that board

If you're going to have the money for poker in a couple of weeks anyway, can you just wait it out? Poker ain't going anywhere. No offense intended, but if you want to play so bad that you'd spend $175 for $100 of chips perhaps a break would be a good thing, regardless of how well you're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelwheel
    seems like our boy/girl here Spanners (a.k.a Jim Morrison) has a Rounders fetish
    hey lol you chump, youre the one who used to borrow my laptop every damn night to watch it!
    Well, I'm willing to offer a really good ROI to anyone who's going to loan me money because it's possible to turn that 100 or 200 dollars into 1 or 2k in a day or two. Since I just need to wait until I get my credit card in the mail before I have access to more than $1k, I don't have to worry getting myself in a debt that I might not be able to pay off if I bust out with it.

Hell, since no one's agreed to lend me any cash yet, I'll up the payback amounts to $200 for a $100 frontage and $400 for a $200. I'm desperate to play some poker heh.
    I wouldn't mind doing this at all, given that you can prove somehow to me that you are both winning player and there is some way for me to gurantee the money back. any ideas?
    "Is there any chance I'm going to lay this 9-high baby down? That's really not my style."
    - Gus Hansen
    I'm not giving him any money. His poker name is NotTooGood.
    I don't know what they have to say
    It makes no difference anyway.
    Whatever it is...
    I'm against it.
    I am willing to do it
    I borrowed the kid 200 we will see if he is trustworthy.
    I trust him as far as I can throw him.

Fortunatly, I'm a retired World's Strongest Man-champion. If he weighs less than a piano full of molten lead, I can throw him well over a 3 story building.

-'rilla
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    stop smoken pot

Corey
    the fact that you are so confident makes it seem like you know less than you would have us believe
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe
    the fact that you are so confident makes it seem like you know less than you would have us believe
    No its just that he gave me his word as a man that he would repay me and so I went ahead borrowed him the money.
    for your sake, i wish him luck
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe
    for your sake, i wish him luck
    Thanks you kind sir
    I sure hope he keeps his word.
    -guitar
    whats the deal? did he go bust?
    I havent heard yet...I think the first time he has played is last night....Ill keep you updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by twosevoff
    it's possible to turn that 100 or 200 dollars into 1 or 2k in a day or two.
    Wow 1,000% return in 2 days? What an amazing business opportunity

/me sells house.

Twosev, go sell yr Bon Jovi CDs at the pawn shop, take the $20 and parlay that into the $200 you need. (I am assuming you have at least 10 Bon Jovi CDs).

Okay, joking aside I contemplated borrowing money this week, too. And I concluded that it's not something a responsible adult does.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeFou
    it's possible to turn that 100 or 200 dollars into 1 or 2k in a day or two.
    Wow 1,000% return in 2 days? What an amazing business opportunity

/me sells house.

Twosev, go sell yr Bon Jovi CDs at the pawn shop, take the $20 and parlay that into the $200 you need. (I am assuming you have at least 10 Bon Joci CDs).

Okay, joking aside I contemplated borrowing money this week, too. And I concluded that it's not something a responsible adult does.
    I'll stake yah.

-'rilla
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Does anyone else think the hand history posted is reason enough to never donate cash to him?
    Im going to have to disagree, sometimes its stupid NOT to borrow money, especially if something non-poker related has forced you to play well below the level you should be playing at.

For example, if Fnord MAGICALLY went bust (oh that would be awesome ) or he had to spend like 15k on an injury, and had to dip into his poker money, who here wouldn't stake him for as much as they can humanly find?

Also, its a risk issue. You are able to get a loan from a bank up to 50,000 as long as you have 50k to match that just to invest in the stock market. You invest that 100k in the market and you make an amazing 50k return. Your ROI is 100% because you made 50k only using 50k of your own money, while parlaying some of the risk to the bank and the loan. Its a very similar risk when staking someone for both players, it can only benefit both players.

If you were forced to play .25/.5 because you could barely scrounge up $150 to play, when your skills more than allow you to play at 2/4 level. Before the staking, you would have to play for a long long time before you to get the BR on your own to play at the higher levels. But if you're staked, you can hit the ground running and probably get your own BR for the level you are playing in in less than a month. Its also beneficial to the staker who accepts the risk of you losing all his money but also gets a nice return on his investment.

Nothing makes me more mad than having a 100 BB day only to find its only worth $50 when it could have been worth $400.

Check out my videos at Grinderschool.com

More Full Ring NLHE Cash videos than ANY other poker training site. Training starts at $10/month.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingSaucerAttack
    Does anyone else think the hand history posted is reason enough to never donate cash to him?
    Word.

Even with a super-human read on the guy, I don't know how you can make those bets/raises. But who knows, maybe it works for him.
    I"m with you, LeFou. I think for most mere mortals(i.e. almost everyone here), borrowing money to gamble is a decidely bad idea. If you're have pro skills, and playing with borrowed money doesn't bother you, and you have excellent BR management skills, then mayyyybe.

Quote Originally Posted by elipsesjeff
    For example, if Fnord MAGICALLY went bust (oh that would be awesome ) or he had to spend like 15k on an injury, and had to dip into his poker money, who here wouldn't stake him for as much as they can humanly find?

Also, its a risk issue. You are able to get a loan from a bank up to 50,000 as long as you have 50k to match that just to invest in the stock market. You invest that 100k in the market and you make an amazing 50k return. Your ROI is 100% because you made 50k only using 50k of your own money, while parlaying some of the risk to the bank and the loan. Its a very similar risk when staking someone for both players, it can only benefit both players.
    You're forgetting the other side of that. I'd say most people borrow money to gamble only after they've lost their current stake by gambling. You can be a great poker player and still lose money without good BR skills or if you're constantly tilting. Playing on borrowed money would make it considerable more difficult to succeed.

I believe the stock example refers to buying on margin. You can also lose that 50%, which would make your 100K investment worth 50K, and now you're down 25K plus interest. Margin call comes and you're forced to sell to cover the losses. You can make a big score, but it's generally not worth the risk for most.

Skimp on other things if you need to build a bankroll, collect bonuses, or just do it slowly. Borrowing money to gamble is easier, but not worth the risk and a bad habit to get into.
    Also, I should add that thru 27k hands in PT 4-tabling NL 50 and 100 6-max with a 44% VPIP, I'm up $4300 (7BB/100 hands, if interested I can send you my pt database), so you'd likely have your money back within hours, barring a bad run of cards. I'll either be playing rocklike NL 25 ring on a party skin and/or putting $100 into interpoker to get their $100 monthly bonus (they're still doing that right?)
    This is just the most bizzare paragraph ever.

So you are at 44% VPIP, and 7BB/100! That would make you like the best post flop player EVAH! But coupled with the statment "I'll either be playing rocklick NL 25 ring..."

But I thought your VPIP was 44%? Are you saying that could be BETTER if you played tighter???

Also - if you were up $4300, how you did you bust out your $400 on Interpoker? You withdrew, into a bank account your parents had access to? Or you just spent it on crack and whores?

[/quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aces
    I"m with you, LeFou. I think for most mere mortals(i.e. almost everyone here), borrowing money to gamble is a decidely bad idea. If you're have pro skills, and playing with borrowed money doesn't bother you, and you have excellent BR management skills, then mayyyybe.
    I would never stake someone for NLHE. If you stake someone correctly at LHE its nearly impossible to go bust....

More Full Ring NLHE Cash videos than ANY other poker training site. Training starts at $10/month.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla
    I'll stake yah.-'rilla
    Your sense of huimor is weird, sometimes 'rilla. Is this a joke? I've decided to stake myself by playing yucky low limit, 'cause i deserve it.
    You were jumpin all over Twosev. I figured I'd haze you a little.

But I'm pained by the fact that anyone would have to play limit. (L1M17 sux)

-'rilla
    Quote Originally Posted by elipsesjeff
    If you stake someone correctly at LHE its nearly impossible to go bust....
    Hope I didn't offend. Of course there are smart arrangements that can be made. I was looking at it solely from the borrower's perspective. Doyle talks about having gone bust, and there were plenty of people who knew that staking him would be "solid" economically.

It's the noneconomic things that make it distasteful to me. Having to sweat it out a little at a time can be educational, and when you eventually get back up where you belong you can be proud of owing no one for it.

That said, I reserve the right to go broke and be really desperate and jonesing and beg for money later on. heh.

This is just the most bizzare paragraph ever.

So you are at 44% VPIP, and 7BB/100! That would make you like the best post flop player EVAH! But coupled with the statment "I'll either be playing rocklick NL 25 ring..."

But I thought your VPIP was 44%? Are you saying that could be BETTER if you played tighter???

Also - if you were up $4300, how you did you bust out your $400 on Interpoker? You withdrew, into a bank account your parents had access to? Or you just spent it on crack and whores?

I am not saying that I play better tighter, just that I can win handily playing recklessly, so if I play cautiously I have a very good chance of winning. Like I said, if anyone has any doubts I will be more than happy to send my PT database.

And yes, my parents had access to my bank acct (joint acct) and withdrew $8000 and are holding it from me until I "straighten myself out". have 6k left of it now).

I busted out with my $400 at interpoker by playing drunk and above my bankroll. I assumed I'd be getting the rest of my money back soon at that point, but I haven't played in a month, which is why I'm willing to offer such an exorbitant return.
    I busted out with my $400 at interpoker by playing drunk and above my bankroll.
    You're not really closing the sale here, twosev.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aces
    You're forgetting the other side of that. I'd say most people borrow money to gamble only after they've lost their current stake by gambling. You can be a great poker player and still lose money without good BR skills or if you're constantly tilting. Playing on borrowed money would make it considerable more difficult to succeed.

Skimp on other things if you need to build a bankroll, collect bonuses, or just do it slowly. Borrowing money to gamble is easier, but not worth the risk and a bad habit to get into.
    This sounds like someone who has never played at higher stakes. I would kill myself before I go back down to .25/.5 again, if i lost my bankroll due to causes outside of my control (injuriies, etc), i would hope that someone would help me out and stake me. I already built my BR up from nothing once, I could do it again, but why do it? Just to prove it to yourself you can? I think if you can beat the higher games you should be at the higher games. The only way you can lose your entire BR at LHE is to play outside your limits. If you're a dumbass, then you dont deserve to get staked. But if its out of your control, then I think its the only way to go.

How did it all go? :>
    Hands played: 854 | Amount won: $21.35 | Bonuses pending: $90 | Bonuses collected: 0
    Amount Wasted During Tilt: ~$10 during rougly 10 minutes.
    Net: +$21.35 playing .25/.50 limit he cash games (June 4 2005)
    Its still going.
    updates...
    There is more to poker than life
    After a slow start, I've been having a bit of a rush. I have paid him back 200, cashed out 300, and have built my bankroll up to 650 bonus whoring on Interpoker and Empire.
    Ya hes an honest kid he hit me back with the original 200 and I told him to take his time in repaying me the other 200.
    Good to see you took a chance and it payed off.

It's rare to find people who are trusting of strangers on the internet, and rarer to have a stranger on the internet not fuck you over.
    I just paid him back the remaining 200 so we're square. Of the initial 200, I've cashed out 800 into my bank acct, and have 1400 left in Party and Neteller.

And oh yeah, my credit card still hasn't come yet, so it's a good thing I ended up winning (it's been like 4 weeks since I got the approval notice from citibank).
    Well, I busted out last week. At least I managed to pay off all my debts, buy a lot of herb, and make ilikeaces a couple hundred bucks out of the whole deal.

If anyone else is down to lend my some more money, I'm willing to offer a 50% return this time, minimum $100 max $300 (i.e. if you lent me $200 I would get you back $300). I called citbank on monday and they said my cc must've got lost in the mail and would send out a new card on tues., so you should have your money back within a week or two regardless of whether I win or lose.
    you got msn? if so pm me your email
    "Is there any chance I'm going to lay this 9-high baby down? That's really not my style."
    - Gus Hansen