Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

TPTK in 3bet pot: gross turn - super standard chk/f

Default TPTK in 3bet pot: gross turn - super standard chk/f

Villain running 16/14 over 30 something hands, no post-flop reads since sample and Zoom.

Villain's sizing looks really strong to me when a shove makes way more sense.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($61.59)
    SB ($50)
    Hero (BB) ($51.59)
    UTG ($50.25)
    MP ($46.07)
    CO ($24.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K
    2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4.50, CO calls $3

Flop: ($9.25) A, 7, J (2 players)
    Hero bets $5.88, CO calls $5.88

Turn: ($21.01) Q (2 players)
    Hero checks, CO bets $4.50, Hero folds
    I can see your reasoning for checking with the intention of folding on this board, but I can't see c/f to that size at all.

I'd also prob 3b bigger pre OOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    I don't understand what would bet that small except something like KTh or KTd and even then doesn't really make great sense.

Everything else just doesn't have the board beat well enough to want to bet that small as the odds they're offering are just ridiculous and so many hands are capable of outdrawing them. I think you have to call really.
    That sizing is ridiculous and I really wanna call. I just don't know if he has anything that we beat.
    Currently grinding live cash games. Life is good.
    I'd go 13/fold turn rather then c/f to 5. Villain stil has a worse calling range on turn.
    All posts are just my own opinion about a hand or a general situation... not advices on how you should play...
    Quote Originally Posted by Razvan729 View Post
    I'd go 13/fold turn rather then c/f to 5. Villain stil has a worse calling range on turn.
    This guy only has $14 behind.

I definitely wasn't thinking straight in this hand though. I practically have the odds to gutter and 2pair mine the turn, so I think you guys are right that calling is best. I'd be amazed if this guy shows up with anything that doesn't beat AK on the turn though with this sizing.
    Not folding at this price.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean Counter View Post
    This guy only has $14 behind.

I definitely wasn't thinking straight in this hand though. I practically have the odds to gutter and 2pair mine the turn, so I think you guys are right that calling is best. I'd be amazed if this guy shows up with anything that doesn't beat AK on the turn though with this sizing.
    my mystake
    then put him all in. also i'd go 7$ on flop
    All posts are just my own opinion about a hand or a general situation... not advices on how you should play...
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    Bet the turn with these stacks, but its not a fist pump. It's a double flush draw board and AT KQ QT JT etc are still def in his range. It's hard to have AK beat here. You lose to KTs (4), AQ (6) AJs (1) 77 (3), perhaps AJo but I think AQ 4bets pre often enough that you can combine AJ and AQ combos in his range a little. On the other hand you beat JTs (3) QTs (3) KQ (3) ATs (2) A9s (2) flush draws (say 4)

So your equity vs his range seems to be pretty comfortably over 50% here, IMO.
    I don't know why you fold here. For my opinion you should made a call, because there is an opportunity to make a straight or three of a kind (Aces) on the river.
    The fact that villain has $14 left shouldn't impact your decision to continue or not to this turn bet sizing. It may influence you to shove instead of call, but there's no way you should ever fold given these pot odds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks