Poker ForumTournament Poker

Operation - Get Good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee Devee
    Honestly I would push all three hands.
    Agreed.

Hand 2 (TT) I would come over the top, especially if he has shown to be using his big stack to push people around.
    I don't know if I like a shove with tens here to be honest. We'r 2nd in chips and are in now way desperate to accumulate chips. In an MTT then maybe I shove this but not in a SnG. If I have a good read however that he's loose and will fold to a shove then I might shove in this spot.

The Q7 hand is probably a shove. I actually folded and the sb shoved and BB called. sure one had KK and the other A-Q. good fold me lol

The AQ hand I shoved and they folded. pretty standard I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random_Hero

Hand 2 (TT) I would come over the top, especially if he has shown to be using his big stack to push people around.
    I don't know if I like a shove with tens here to be honest. We'r 2nd in chips and are in now way desperate to accumulate chips. In an MTT then maybe I shove this but not in a SnG. If I have a good read however that he's loose and will fold to a shove then I might shove in this spot.
    You have 12xBB. It doesn't matter whether or not you are 3rd in chips, 1st, or last. If you have 12xBB then you are almost in push/fold mode nonetheless. If there are still 7-8 people when the blinds get 200/400, it doesn't matter if you have more chips than the person sitting next to you, you need to be able to cope with the blinds.
    Good point. I overlooked that lol
    Ok I'm off on ma hols for 2 weeks so no more games until I get back.
    Cant wait to be sitting in the sun with a beer in my hand. I'll show you how excited I am through the medium of dance - lol

stats (only played a couple of games since last update but I thought I'd post these.

BR at start of 1st week - $118.07
    BR at the moment (end of 3rd week) - $173.05

played - 148
    ITM% - 41.9%
    ROI% - 27.7%

Placings
    1st - 30
    2nd - 15
    3rd - 17
    4th - 18
    rest - OOTM

Happy to say that I've finished in 1st place more times than any other place.

Operation will continue when I return.
    nice stats
    Managed to squeeze a few more games in last night. was nothing else to do as everything is packed etc. lol.

after I won a SnG I decided to play $10 180 man SnG and finished OOTM. no big deal as I freerolled it, so to speak.

I then played 4 $6.50's and finished OOTM in them also. My BR is now $136.05.

This got me thinking. How common are 4 and 5 OOTM streaks? I was sitting at a nice $173.00 and now I'm back at $136.00.
    Very common.

Yesterday alone I had two 5 ootm streaks, luckily couple with a 3 winning streak.

Turbos generally give very streaky stats and as long as you don't tilt from them you will sustain your roi in the long run and end in profit.

Of course with an exceptionally nasty streak you'll have to move down to recoup losses first.
    I guess your right. Turbo's will have more swings than normal SnG'. I'll just have to learn to cope with these. Their a f*ckin pest though lol

Just finished 4th in a game. reraised all-in with aces PF, villain calls with 4-5 suited and hits a flush!! he wasn't even that much ahead of me in chips to begin with!!
    I just had a 15 OOTM streak, my worst run in my 1000 games. I thought it was tilt as I was pretty tired and also quite irritated. Just went back to analyse how bad it was - almost all of my bust outs were push/ fold, all 14 of them were good shoves according to sitngowiz with reasonable ranges. Kept running into JJ+ or donkeys who sucked out / called with crap and were still ahead.

I wouldn't worry about 5 at all!
    Thanks man. before the 5 OOTM I was doing well.
    1st, 6th, 1st, 2nd, 5th, 9th, 3rd, 2nd, 5th, 1st.

my 9th place finish my K-K ran into aces.
    Thats me off to Turkey now (finally ).

BR is at $159.75

played 3 games today. 4th, 1st and 2nd.

Speak soon.
    Do you multitable or play one at a time?
    Thats me off to Turkey now (finally ).
    Oh, where in Turkey?
    Thats me back from my holiday. had a great time and have a nice wee tan haha!!

Was in Icmeler mukaka, just down from Marmaris on the South West of Turkey. Was absolutley scorching hot. At least 46 degrees everyday!!

Good to be back though. will hopefully get a few games in before the end of the week.
    yeah that's a nice place I'm Turkish that's why I asked and glad you had a good time. You might try Bodrum(summer) next time if you ever decide to come here again

EDIT : Sorry for the off-topic, let's move on
    May I add that Turks are one of the most friendly folk I have ever met. made myself and my girlfriend feel really welcome and the food is superb also!!

I'll probably be going back to Icmeler next year again. My parents have been going to Turkey for 10 years now and they love it.

Moving on.......... Will post a full HH once I've played a turbo as I want to see if I've not lost anything. 2 weeks without poker was a nightmare by the way lol...
    Full HH of recent turbo.
    Dont think I played particularly well. some of my pushes may have been wrong. haven't checked WIZ yet.
    comments please.

Tourney is upside down so start from bottom

http://www.flopturnriver.com/Online-...ment-1609.html

Hand 14 - I contemplated folding here from EP. was cont bet ok?
    Hand 11 - easy shove?
    Hand 10 - this guy had been playing a wide range. I noted earlier he limped then called a raise with K-5 UTG. also watched him call big bets with 2nd pair also. was Turn shove ok?
    Hand 8 - I think this was wrong to shove. A-7 is weak. however, Pokercommish was pretty tight throughout. daan1984 I reckoned wouldn't call without a strong hand. I was a bit miffed here but opted for the push.
    Hand 7 - I think this is an easy shove.

thanks in advance.
    whats your move on the flop? I maybe should have folded PF but meh. no real reads. 1st time villain has min raised.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

CO (t2460)
    Button (t1765)
    SB (t3635)
    Hero (t1710)
    UTG (t1610)
    MP1 (t1280)
    MP2 (t1040)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 6.
    4 folds, Button raises to t300, 1 fold, Hero calls t150.

Flop: (t675) K, 9, 4 (2 players)
    Hero ??? ,
    whats your move on the flop? I maybe should have folded PF but meh. no real reads. 1st time villain has min raised.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

CO (t2460)
    Button (t1765)
    SB (t3635)
    Hero (t1710)
    UTG (t1610)
    MP1 (t1280)
    MP2 (t1040)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 6.
    4 folds, Button raises to t300, 1 fold, Hero calls t150.

Flop: (t675) K, 9, 4 (2 players)
    Hero ??? ,
    Against an aggro opp, check/raise AI. Readless just bet, fire again on any turn.
    OK i have decided to bring the Operation to a close.

This is because I feel that when I post hands etc in here as opposed to starting new threads it doesn't get as much "coverage" as other threads that are specific to one hand/whole tourney, if ya know what I mean. I am in no way saying that people are ignoring my thread by the way, I just think it'll be better for me to post normal threads again. Maybe an operations thread wasn't for me.

I will still be working on improving my game (obv!!)by posting threads etc outside this operation. I will also track my results, ROI% and ITM% (obv!!), I just wont post them here.
    Same happened to me
    That seems like a good idea to me. Typically it makes sense to not string a large number of disparate situations together in the same thread because it gets confusing to anyone who isn't up on the latest. But I do think that having an operation thread for the purpose of tracking progress is a good idea.