Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

Looking to Form a team to improve each others game

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is there any way to shadow players? If we had 18 ppl and 9 played at a time, could we pair better players with weaker ones and have them shadow so they could watch how we play our hands and then give advice. I know most people would want to play, but, I would sit with someone and watch and learn. Just an idea, not sure if it is feasible or not.

NC
    just a private IRC/AIM/YIM chat would do that nova...

When we have a good idea who is really wanting to stick with this, then we will start doing things like pairing up, ect..

even just joining a SnG and helping each other would be great.

Q. Is poker Gambling?
    A. Do you use correct bankroll management?
    I work nights Friday-Tuesday, but I would love to do some more of this when I can. Wednesday and Thursday nights are always good for me.

We're going to have to come up with something better than the 10+1, everybody gets there money back model. There's got to be other places we can do this. Maybe find some low limit place where we can all just hop on a 1 dollar SNG at the same time or something. I'm flexible.
    I'm game if you hold a weekend tourney at a slightly earlier time (17:00 EST?)
    When the schedule fits, I'd like to be included too.

My tournament game has really slipped and would like the opportunity to improve through critique. If everyone clicked "show cards" after each hand, hand histories would become very informative.
    I'm a know-it-all.

No, really.
    Yes but if you show your hand every time while actually playing to the other players it can very easily damage table image.

Best way, imo, would be the sugestion of creating an application to merge the multiple HH files into 1 big one showing all cards delt in one HH that we can easily read... Although I have no clue how to do this and am not much help here... lol

Thanks again to everyone helping out on this. I am really looking forward to learning from all the skilled players here.
    Just wanted to say this is a great idea and will no doubt improve everyone who takes part. I'd love to but can't commit to twice a week at the moment so I'll be cheering you guys on from the sidelines.

Also, since I'm in the UK, the playing times are tough. Maybe if we could set up a small subgroup of European based players who wanted to do this once a week .....?
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_1069
    Yes but if you show your hand every time while actually playing to the other players it can very easily damage table image.

Best way, imo, would be the sugestion of creating an application to merge the multiple HH files into 1 big one showing all cards delt in one HH that we can easily read... Although I have no clue how to do this and am not much help here... lol

Thanks again to everyone helping out on this. I am really looking forward to learning from all the skilled players here.
    I have to agree that showing your cards during the game would be giving away information. Could all the UK\European players, give me a PM as to times when they can play (in GMT) then we can have our own weekly SNG\MTT and play with the other guys on the Sunday MTT. This is because I dont think we will find a time in the week that suits both US and UK players and for this to work well we sort of need mostly the same guys every time (or at least people we know will give feedback afterwards).

Dwarfman do you have enough FPP to create those private tourneys on PS?
    Quote Originally Posted by arkana
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_1069

I have to agree that showing your cards during the game would be giving away information. Could all the UK\European players, give me a PM as to times when they can play (in GMT) then we can have our own weekly SNG\MTT and play with the other guys on the Sunday MTT. This is because I dont think we will find a time in the week that suits both US and UK players and for this to work well we sort of need mostly the same guys every time (or at least people we know will give feedback afterwards).

Dwarfman do you have enough FPP to create those private tourneys on PS?
    Afraid not, if there is anyone who does (you need 2k lifetime FPP), could you please set up a tourney at a time that suits us Brits. It doesn't cost any FPP to create a private tourney, you just need 2k.

Default tourny info

if you give the info:

Date and Time (US est... pokerstars time)
    Buyin amt
    Password

Ill be happy to setup
    Thanks unklekne, how regularly do you check these forums or is there a way I can contact you on short notice?

Default Private Tourneys

Depends... u can email me at my username @yahoo.com .

ie: unklekne at yahoo dot com
    I'm down for some UK games, i'll check back here when something gets sorted out.
    "[This theory] is only useful for helping to calculate your luck odds. If you have a good read that you have a numerical advantage against your opponent, that your hand is "luckier"..."

Copyright, Youngdro 2007.
    Unklekne was kind enough to set up another private tourney for 18:00 EST (pokerstars) time tonight. 23:00 UK time.
    password:thenuts
    This is a great idea. I'd like to get in.

If this takes off, which it looks like it will, it might be a good idea to start a Usergroup so it would be easier to keep everybody in the know of what's going on.
    ningster

My only purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

"Your best hand isn't just the hand with which you have the best cards, it's the hand with which you find yourself in the best position to make money." -- Daniel Kimberg
    Just to keep everyone updated, things have been really hetic the last couple days, I'll be back to work on it in the next couple days

Q. Is poker Gambling?
    ngericl, bring back that hot avatar NOW, though you don't have a massive number of posts i miss her already!
    "[This theory] is only useful for helping to calculate your luck odds. If you have a good read that you have a numerical advantage against your opponent, that your hand is "luckier"..."

Quote Originally Posted by Legendash
    ngericl, bring back that hot avatar NOW, though you don't have a massive number of posts i miss her already!
    <------ Does this work for you?
    ningster

"Your best hand isn't just the hand with which you have the best cards, it's the hand with which you find yourself in the best position to make money." -- Daniel Kimberg
    omfs

im spent
    lol, does it for me too Very nice pic
    Hey, would anyone be willing to help me transfer from Ultimate Bet to Poker Stars? I will transfer the funds to your UB account then you can transfer to my Stars account. Help would be appreciated and I wil tip $5 for it

Also, creating a usergroup for this would be an excellent idea so everyone dosnt have to check this post over and over.
    Fleece Guest
    count me in. when do u play???
    ngericl, that does nicely thankyou!

When is the next game?
    ningster

I've been working, school, and sick, hasnt been a good couple weeks so I have not done much for the team...

I'm all for more games, but I still need to post the results from the last one (it's taking longer than I though)

Q. Is poker Gambling?
    People let me tell you about my best friends...
    I finally got money in at Stars...I'd be game for a tourney tonight!
    "Been gone so long, forgot how to poker"
    if anyone can create a game, i'd love it...

name: FTRTEAM
    password: thenuts

I'd suggest that we do this at 10pm est, but thats not set in stone by any means.

BTW, i'm stuck without IRC for a while, so I cant connect to IRC =(

Q. Is poker Gambling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laeelin
    I've been working, school, and sick, hasnt been a good couple weeks so I have not done much for the team...

I'm all for more games, but I still need to post the results from the last one (it's taking longer than I though)
    Blah... blah... blah...

It's cool. Whenever.
    ningster

How do I get on the FTR IRC channel...I'm new to IRC.

BTW--I'm in for 10 EST

Thanks,
    Kid
    still doing this? count me in for the next one
    Quote Originally Posted by protell
    still doing this? count me in for the next one
    Me too. I don't know how to set up a private game, however. Next time I'm in...
    Hey, i'd be interested in joining you guys as well. I also wouldn't mind sorting through the results to help out whoever is running this, since they aren't posted from the last time you played, it looks like it's a lot of work. I really want to improve my game, so send me an e-mail or something if you need any help setting this up.
    [email protected]
    im deifinitely interested in being on team and having ppl help me analyze my game...pm with details
    Roco415.
    btw what is irc?
    Roco415.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roco415
    btw what is irc?
    Chat program.

www.mirc.com
    i would be very interested in this.

peace
    wwonka