Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

The Reason LHE HU Matches At Stars Are So Easy...

Default The Reason LHE HU Matches At Stars Are So Easy...

They want to sign up for NLHE HU match, but mistakenly sign up for LHE, so then they get pissed and cap every street, as shown below:

PokerStars Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t50 (2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button (t1655)
    Hero (t1345)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, 9.
    Button raises, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB, t400) 2, 8, K (2 players)
    Hero bets, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB, t800) 9 (2 players)

River: (16 BB, t1600) J (2 players)

Final Pot: 24 BB (t2400)

Results in white below:
    Hero has Tc 9c (one pair, nines).
    Button has 4c Td (high card, king).
    Outcome: Hero wins 24 BB (t2400).

(The reason I capped with the 9 was because I knew that it most certainly should be the best hand, he capped absolutely everything)
    even though this player capped with everything, im not sure about your three betting on the flop and again on the river. with third pair against even the worst player, when a draw completes with an overcard on the river i almost never bet/raise. i would bet/call or possibly even check/call.
    Quote Originally Posted by juke0414
    even though this player capped with everything, im not sure about your three betting on the flop and again on the river. with third pair against even the worst player, when a draw completes with an overcard on the river i almost never bet/raise. i would bet/call or possibly even check/call.
    If he would've had a jack or a king, it would've been very unlucky. I'm raising the river because I feel I have the best hand there most of the time. This guy was quite literally capping with every single hand on every street no matter what.
    flop cap?? there's no way for you to know he has 4T or AA. Playing his game isn't what you should be doing.

ignoring the first overcard is ok, but i definitely slow down when 2 come.