Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Game of Thrones TV Thread **HBO-Purists ONLY**

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,200 of 2506
    So the Lord Commander has to die at some point huh? Seems legit. Maybe even soon! Maybe next episode, before he even makes it back to the wall?!

Sunday can't come soon enough.

Last edited by ChipEaterMan; 04-11-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    I don't see him dying until there is more cohesion in the Night's Watch. Also, he's a really likeable character, so I hope he doesn't die for a while. He's a good contrast for Snow at this point
    The thing about Theon is that he almost should already be dead. He has no place, and he could have been killed a while ago and could go at any moment. Still, I have the hunch that the writers will keep him around and insert him into stuff. If he dies now, it means that his only purpose was to betray the Starks, but they also used him for some deep character development. So it gets kinda weird to kill one of the most conflicted characters after he serves a purpose. Theon is powerful on screen, and I'd like to see his character play out

However, the way the show adds characters means that a lot can happen in a short period of time.

I'm terribly conflicted on predicting Brienne's death. She seems like a character that writers would love to create, and thus won't kill off easily. She defies a lot of common notions and could be used both in a long game or a short one. If it wasn't for her line about not being held back from Stannis, I'd probably call her dying soon. It's not like she's going to be able to get back to Cat anyways. She's such a strong character that she dominates the screen whenever she's on, so she can't be used in a lot of ways IMO

Also Varys is a Warg. I think boost spent some time figuring out how his "little birdies" could be some sort of foresight. Now that Wargs are a thing, I see that being Varys
    Yeah, I thought that either his "little birdies" were literally little birds, or that he may see through other young telepathics. Still could be the latter if he were the most powerful warg in the world and therefore could see through humans (only a certain kind? Only prepubescent? Which could explain his castration.. which leads to another point I brought up last season...) Eunichs were often made eunichs to enhance their perceived magical powers. For example, in many cultures, it was not uncommon to castrate shamans and priest, and the like.

So yea, I think it's a lock that Varys is magical, and now that we know about wargs, I'd say there's a strong chance he is one.
    I saw a cool facebook style recap of S3E02...but it has a tiny tiny book spoiler so you cant haz.

ps: its not just a tease, its also a legit warning.
    Exquisite exposition, compatriot
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Exquisite exposition, compatriot
    All right I think this is my shortlist for dead pool

Mormont
    Shae
    Talisa
    Theon
    Brienne

It appears to me that Rast is being situated to contrast Snow. So when Snow returns to the Wall, it could be that Rast is the head of the Night's Watch because Mormont is dead

If Shae's purpose is to further the Tyrion story, she's deader than a doornail. It's just a matter of when

I have no idea how Talisa dies, but she's not important at all and if she died it would just fuel a plot

Theon is sort of a long shot, but he has no home and he's the victim of everything. The Greyjoys have a role in something, but how is not yet determined. It could be that he dies and they get really upset at his killers

Outside of the potential foreshadowing that Brienne fights against Stannis, she is highly expendable. She appeared out of nowhere and can die out of nowhere. The Boltons are taking her and Jaime, and she's not aligned with their desires at all

Also I would adore the Tyrell women turning on Sansa and telling Teh Joff that she called him a monster. Would teach her some valuable lessons to have her pampered ass in a dungeon for a while
    The GoT wiki that isn't meant to be spoilery sucks. I had a suspicion about a certain aspect of the show, so I looked it up, and it turns out I was right, but it also isn't in a way that was explicit in the show.

Not a fan
    Yeah. Well I think it's INCREDIBLY obvious by now given my behaviour in this thread but I absolutely abhor spoilers, even the slightest spoilery hint or factoid or what-have-you just sets me off.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

You know who's got two thumbs and is excited for Episode 3?

This guy!
    If you're talking to me, don't worry, I never mentioned the suspicion ITT.
    A BEAR A BEAR
    Enough of this inside boob teasing!

It's pretty clear that the dragon Dany sells to that guy is just gonna cook him.

I'm a little upset that Hot Pie was included. I didn't even care that he existed until apparently he was pretty close to Arya and Gendry. Clearly, that was something important in the book, but didn't translate to the show, and now I feel dumb

I know the last scene looked really gruesome, but I get a feeling that Jaime's gonna be all right (or left). I was wondering if it was coming because his hand had unusually notable presence from lighting and camera angle as he was lying on the table.

Not surprised that Brienne didn't get raped. We adore violence, but still can't stomach rape. It's not just that it's unpleasant to watch, but characters lose their allure if they're raped. It's not as bad for men in an American History X thing, but I think that one of the reasons we don't see heroines in these sorts of shows/films is that eventually she's going to get captured and raped, and that causes viewers to subliminally think of her as inherently weak. Heroes can get beat up and tortured without the audience losing faith in them, but they can't get raped. Nobody would watch James Bond movies if Goldfinger yanked his hair and fucked him in the ass. It's a strange psychological effect.
    Also, I'm guessing Melisandre knows about Gendry. As far as the show is concerned, he's the only remaining Baratheon other than Stannis
    Agree, Missandei is a total babe, TITS OR GTFO.

Best episode of season 3 so far (newest one ldo).

Eager to see some reactions to the hand chopping.

I feel like I've seen the kid that saved Theon but could be wrong, anyone know who he is?

And ty renton, boost, bikes, and wuf. Since the last time I got berated I try to refrain from posting in here but when I do I make sure its something that can be gathered from watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    A BEAR A BEAR
    Was I trolled? The last like...2 minutes of the version i watched had no audio except this like punk rock version of that song.
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDS View Post
    Was I trolled? The last like...2 minutes of the version i watched had no audio except this like punk rock version of that song.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5BhmyNn_iY

Yes you and I and apparently everyone on the east coast was trolled, here's the fixed audio.
    I liked the bear version better.
    Quote Originally Posted by dranger7070 View Post
    Agree, Missandei is a total babe, TITS OR GTFO.

Best episode of season 3 so far (newest one ldo).

Eager to see some reactions to the hand chopping.

I feel like I've seen the kid that saved Theon but could be wrong, anyone know who he is?

And ty renton, boost, bikes, and wuf. Since the last time I got berated I try to refrain from posting in here but when I do I make sure its something that can be gathered from watching.
    quit trolling the show watchers
    I think the show heavily implies that he can teleport. It hinted at something like that through his swiftness when killing the dude after A Girl Told A Man When He Must Do A Thing, but it was only after he was standing on top of a cliff then appeared next to Arya seconds later that I figured it was true. Others say it's just because he's slick as fuck, which does make more sense according to the story, but the editing of the scenes belies that unless he's got like Nightcrawler speed. How else did a dude in like sixty pounds of armor/weaponry silently climb down a 20 foot cliff in like three seconds? I guess we'll find out

Yes the Walkers and Wights are different. Not yet sure which is exactly which though. The cloaked ones from early on are Walkers, the undead that Snow burned is a Wight, it is assumed that the horde of walking zombies are Wights while Old Man Winter on horse is a Walker (uncloaked), and I'm not sure what the dude with axe who got Ghost'd is (blue eyes, I thought only Walkers had blue eyes...)

How do you not remember inside boob?

And now she is Daenerys Targaryen's favorite, favorite what is not quite clear yet!! Yummy!!
    What MUST be, most surely SHALL be!!

The show tries to cram way too many plots into each episode. The book can handle that, but the show just winds up having 8 five minute piecemeal segments of each story. It's positively retarded; wugy agrees with me.
    Judgments are to be made after consideration, not before. Now go play while you forget every other time you told me I was wrong only to later find out I was right
    Hound could also be a goner, but that's a mistake since he rules. Would be almost as bad as killing Hodor
    Who is this last person and how do you two know eachother?

Ep 3 was sick. Is it bad if I purposely have a bunch to drink prior to my viewing of the episode for the express purpose of having a somewhat limited understanding and therefore enjoying it even more the second time, stone cold sober? I mean...? I think that's just how good the show is. Or, I have a serious drinking problem. That's a possibility too.

Anyway, I agree on two points in particular wuf; one that the dragon being given to the slave trader who incessantly viciously insults her in his native language will ultimately kill him off somehow. It makes more sense for this to happen soon, thus explaining Dany's lack of hesitation in offering the dragon up for trade, but might well happen later.

The second point being that Melissandre must be aware of Gendry's existence. "Your fires burn low, my King" lol wtf. I'm a little flummoxed at the implication of that conversation.
    Dranger man you should know I've got nothing but love for you man but I'm obviously a total nit and hyper sensitive to spoilers. Even an incredibly mild pseudo-spoiler like saying the undead are raised by the white walkers bugs the crap out of me. Just be careful man, and try not clarify anything if there's even a debatable reason to doubt it just by drawing upon the show. Thanks.
    Hey dranger, what happens with that red bitch? does someone else fuck her and make more smoke babies? just use little text so nittywize can ignore it plz kthx
    Tyrion Broon and Pod run the train on her spawning multiple dwarf demons that are equally good at sex and swordfighting. Can't handle their wine for shit though.
    Last edited by dranger7070; 04-15-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO why would you fucking spoil that man, that sounds so fucking awesome and you ruined it for me.
    i need this so hard

Here's a free tip for those who don't want spoilers. If you google something about the show, don't look at the screen while you're typing.
    I'd give a friendly suggestion to all non-bookreaders to not look to the internet for any game of thrones related content tbh. But if you must, definitely avoid looking at the comments section under youtube videos or torrents. Probably just stick to hbo.com tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    I'd give a friendly suggestion to all non-bookreaders to not look to the internet for any game of thrones related content tbh. But if you must, definitely avoid looking at the comments section under youtube videos or torrents. Probably just stick to hbo.com tbh.
    Yeah, I got almost spoiled. Someone commented about how X actor is so good, and it's a shame they won't be around soon. Luckily I both didn't know who the actor was, and now that I recall the near miss, I don't remember what the name was either. Hurray for having a weak memory.
    basically this. nothing ive seen from show watchers is safe
    Everyone in the 2p2 thread thinks that bobbleheaded hoe that betrayed Dany and got locked the fuck up because of it is a contender for hottest on the show.

I seem to be the lone dissenting opinion.

What the fuck is going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    Everyone in the 2p2 thread thinks that bobbleheaded hoe that betrayed Dany and got locked the fuck up because of it is a contender for hottest on the show.

I seem to be the lone dissenting opinion.

What the fuck is going on?
    It's like you said: the modding is so awful that the only thing left is mouth breathers.

Given what we've seen, Ros and Dany are the safest pick for hottest. Their bodies are stellar. However, in assuming a perfect world where her body is at least as good, I'd consider Missandei over either. She is pretty damn beautiful.

Sansa potentially has a statuesque level of beauty. When personality is included, the choice is Ygritte and nothing else.

People who don't put Ros at the top don't understand how great her body is. People who don't put Dany at the top take for granted how great her face and body have been since the beginning. People who put Margaery at the top are easily tricked by a come hither attitude.

Talisa is a strange case because she's both gorgeous and of a peculiar taste

Of course this is all assuming Loras isn't an option

On second thought, Doreah/Roxanne McKee is pretty stunning even if she pounds on that makeup

I like how Jaime is now the new Tyrion, being a cripple and all. In the long run, this might end up softening the family view towards Tyrion.

I like how much like Robert Gendry is. Demeanor and everything. He doesn't even know how to tell Hot Pie something emotional. If Melisandre has a line on him, that opens up soooooo much of his storyline too. She could kill him and use the power to further Stannis or she could betray Stannis and back Gendry as rightful king.
    Margaery is the best right now. It's not close. THX!

Ros = Fat.
    Dany = Lacking purple eyes.
    I was once tricked by a come hither attitude

Never again
    Marg is an awesome character, and she's not oogly, but yeah, she def isn't topping my list.
    Man you people have high standards

Margaery is hot as shit.
    99% of actresses that are chosen to play on television shows are hot as shit, they are debating over #1. I'm pretty sure most of us would fuck Brienne if the opportunity arose.
    99% of actresses that are chosen to play on television shows are hot as shit, they are debating over #1.
    Ding Ding Ding!

I'm pretty sure most of us would fuck Brienne if the opportunity arose.
    Buzzerrr!
    Cherrypicking the best looking ones while ignoring all the uggo shots...

NSFWish
    Last edited by d0zer; 04-18-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    who is that?

That is not Brienne... no way...

edit: Apparently it is... and apparently you are a very skilled cherry picker.

But yeah, with long hair, and not all butched out, I might be picking her over Vault Girl... but it's close.

And to continue the awesome cherry picking...

Last edited by boost; 04-18-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    as a short guy I'm not really into tall chicks but she's got a really pretty face.
    as a short guy I'm not really into tall chicks but she's got a really pretty face.
    You're crazy.

I mean, in the cherry picked shots, yeah she's got a really nice, if homely face. But yeah, "really pretty face" with out any parameters is inaccurate. The cherry picked shots tend to hide how strange her nose is.
    Cherry-picking isn't a problem unless it's really extreme. Everybody looks better or worse based on things like lighting
    I thought this episode was the lesser of this season so far. I guess I was in the mood for some more action. Jaimie is really quickly climbing up my list of favorites it seems though, he's damn enjoyable to see in action.
    That episode was great wall to wall. I especially liked the stuff in riverrun.
    Just noticed how the dude with the hand-chopping giant knife has a scar on his right eye, the eye he was threatening on Jaime.

Idk, probably absolutely insignificant, but it reminds me of Illyn Payne taking the tongue of the musician.
    OMG OMG OMG SOON TO BE TIME!
    doubt they'll follow up with jaime this ep, but i will be upset if they dont. especially if they also dont follow up with dany.

very irritating that they cant give time to every player each episode.
    very irritating that they cant give time to every player each episode.
    Don't read the books then. GURM loves to fuck with us for his own enjoyment.
    so ive heard
    SD version is out but do i wait for glorious 720p -.- decisions decisions
    GLORIOUS 720p HAS ARRIVED FFFFFFK. CAN I WAIT 15 MORE MINS?!?!??!?!
    A+ episode. A fucking PLUS
    I was enjoying all the politicking, all the scheming, etc. But then the story line, which has been a bit of a snooze for me, gets real. Shit just got real, realer than I knew it could get.

It was obvious it was going to happen, but the dialogue, the directing, the music. Such a power scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penneywize View Post
    So the Lord Commander has to die at some point huh? Seems legit. Maybe even soon! Maybe next episode, before he even makes it back to the wall?!

Sunday can't come soon enough.
    So I jumped the gun a little but w/e

well it was mostly wuf's call I guess

anyway nice call on the city gettin burned to shit wuf
    Great ep.

Guess I shoulda stuck with my original thought that the Iron Islanders were torturing Theon. The clues were there. Still, the sequence of events doesn't make sense. Very interesting plot. I'd love to see Theon's arc one where he redeems himself. A part of that process could be the audience softening to him by how much he suffers.

Love the foreshadowing for Tywin giving it to Teh Joff. That has always been a scene just begging to happen

Mormont died oh so conveniently for Snow's betrayal since it looks like the rebellious side will win that scrimmage. Snow's decision to not side with Rast and crew will be easy.

Loras and Sansa is an interesting proposition, but it too would be way too convenient a match since it would probably be just in time for the Starks to back the crown in the face of Dany's invasion. Granted, I hope Dany doesn't make it to Westeros this season. She needs to do stuff in Essos. At the very least that means freeing every slave city and amassing a Khalasaar. It would be silly for the highly interesting Dothraki to only exist in the first season.

Looks like the Lord of Light has long tentacles. I'd be surprised now if Melisandre isn't coming after Gendry since the Brotherhood is her peoples. If Hound is killed by the cyclops, I'll be irritated. Hound is too intriguing a character to kill. That would just be a terrible move. I thought he was going to fight Thoros at first, which suggested Hound would die, but this whosit whatshisface dont-care one-eye douche should be die-able
    Some of the contrivances are starting to get at me. Like Craster's Keep. What in the fucking fuck is that supposed to be? A bunch of soldiers who just escaped a zombie slaughter were letting one old fat guy starve them? I find it strange that the very first thing Mormont didn't do was slit his throat for sending his sons to the Walkers. It's not like he's going to be able to survive out there any longer anyways.

The trial of Hound feels super rushed. The weirdness was acceptable in the Tyrion one because there were a lot of indirect explanations, but now it's basically "we accuse you...oh wait you're innocent...but now a girl says you're not....fight to the deathhhhhhhh!!!111"

The show needs to kill off half the characters and plots so it can spend enough time digging into the remaining.
    Do you want to trade/exchange?
    Some of the contrivances are starting to get at me. Like Craster's Keep. What in the fucking fuck is that supposed to be? A bunch of soldiers who just escaped a zombie slaughter were letting one old fat guy starve them? I find it strange that the very first thing Mormont didn't do was slit his throat for sending his sons to the Walkers. It's not like he's going to be able to survive out there any longer anyways.
    A lot of contrivances in the show but that isn't one of them. Craster is a friend to the watch, he provides refuge for the rangers when they need it and this is vital considering there aren't any NW strongholds beyond the wall. It would be hugely minus ev for the NW to kill or alienate him. Everything that happened with Craster makes perfect sense: Mormont/NW tries to remain diplomatic toward him but seeing as the Night's Watch is mainly made up of thieves, rapers, and murderers, and given the low morale, a mutiny was inevitable. Adding in a bounty of nubile women and a couple of fat pigs to roast up was all that was necessary to kick it into action.
    Now that was an episode.

I was thinking the exact same thing since last episode. Why did they even let the old fart talk so much crap for so long.

And cool that Dany has her army, it's making me look forward to see her join the battle for the throne. But on the other hand, for plot purposes, it would be way too soon to have another big battle so I think she's gonna have some more delays before she joins the fray.
    Tywin continues to be Bestwin.

But the Queen of Thorns is the best.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    Tywin continues to be Bestwin.

But the Queen of Thorns is the best.
    this
    A lot of contrivances in the show but that isn't one of them. Craster is a friend to the watch, he provides refuge for the rangers when they need it and this is vital considering there aren't any NW strongholds beyond the wall. It would be hugely minus ev for the NW to kill or alienate him. Everything that happened with Craster makes perfect sense: Mormont/NW tries to remain diplomatic toward him but seeing as the Night's Watch is mainly made up of thieves, rapers, and murderers, and given the low morale, a mutiny was inevitable. Adding in a bounty of nubile women and a couple of fat pigs to roast up was all that was necessary to kick it into action.
    That was a great explanation before Walkers killed 90% of the best NW forces. Because of the resurgence of the Walker horde, they know that they have to retreat to the Wall and that every living human north of it will die. Perhaps I'm confused as to why they were burning one of their own, but it certainly sounded like it was because Craster wouldn't let him eat. The NW has already entered a total war situation against the Walkers, and the only role Craster can possibly serve them until the day he dies is hospitality before they make it back to the Wall
    All right I think this is my shortlist for dead pool

Mormont
    Shae
    Talisa
    Theon
    Brienne

It appears to me that Rast is being situated to contrast Snow. So when Snow returns to the Wall, it could be that Rast is the head of the Night's Watch because Mormont is dead

If Shae's purpose is to further the Tyrion story, she's deader than a doornail. It's just a matter of when

I have no idea how Talisa dies, but she's not important at all and if she died it would just fuel a plot

Theon is sort of a long shot, but he has no home and he's the victim of everything. The Greyjoys have a role in something, but how is not yet determined. It could be that he dies and they get really upset at his killers

Outside of the potential foreshadowing that Brienne fights against Stannis, she is highly expendable. She appeared out of nowhere and can die out of nowhere. The Boltons are taking her and Jaime, and she's not aligned with their desires at all

Also I would adore the Tyrell women turning on Sansa and telling Teh Joff that she called him a monster. Would teach her some valuable lessons to have her pampered ass in a dungeon for a while
    Nothing to see here, folks. Just a little...

Neeways, I've still got Theon on the list but I don't think he's going to die unless it's the end of the season and his arc comes fully to a close. This may be foreshadowed by his realization that Ned is his real father, but I doubt it. I think he's going to stick around for some time, but his death could be used as a catalyst for something. His life can be used even better though, so I don't think he'll die, but could

Shae is still on the list, but I don't see her dying because I don't see Tyrion breaking bad on his family. As it is now, he might be seeking revenge against Cersei and possibly trying to kill her, but him going after Tywin for killing Shae would be something else entirely. Also, I think Jaime will eventually return to KL and Tyrion loves him

Talisa is still a terribly hard one to pick. I'd kinda like her to die because it would turn Robb bitter. She's a strange character because her only role is to be a prop for Robb's and Cat's development, but there still isn't any sensible way to predict her death yet.

Which brings me to Brienne. She appears to be used as a foil for Jaime's development, and all of her purposes are nearing a close. Her words on Stannis are becoming more irrelevant as the other plots develop, and looking over her arc, it becomes clear that her purpose from the beginning was to be a prop for Jaime. Combining that with her on-camera dominance and the fact that she appeared out of nowhere for a highly convenient purpose, she looks to not be long for this world. I could see her dying by way of saving Jaime. I don't see her living for long because that would mean she does something like accompany Jaime to KL and they do things together, but that would detract too much from Jaime's overall arc. She's not going back to Cat either, so she's pretty much a goner.

As for The Hound, he's obviously the safest pick for next death, but that's a stupid pick because he's incredible and the writers can suck a dick if they kill him. If he does die in the next ep, then why in the fuck didn't he just die in the Battle of Blackwater? Everything he has done since betraying Teh Joff points towards a future for him, and if that future is just to die at the hands of the Brotherhood, then it would have worked just fine for it to be a random
    Yeah so I just got this new dragon, and I figured the best way to take it home would be like it's a fucking kite.
    The hound is going to join the brotherhood. Trial by combat will be interrupted midway by Melisandre, and she will convert him. Patch Adams is a new interesting bad ass, so he can't just die, and The Hound's arc simply can't end here. Combine that with The Hound's history with fire, and his need for a spiritual awakening or rebirth of sorts...

Yeah, book it.
    Was that you who posted that on 2p2 or somebody else? Because I don't remember

Extremely good prediction too. Hound is not dying here. I hadn't considered the fire thing before, but since that was a focal point of him in the beginning of the show, he's pretty much a lock to be quite important for the series

I generally suck at symbolism; I don't recognize it easily and I never use it in my own writing, but now that I think of it, the symbolism of Hound and fire is pretty huge. He has a relationship with it on the level of Dany and Melisandre
    On a rewatch with subtitles I see now that Mormont's opinion on Craster was religious. He couldn't even entertain the thought of crossing Craster because he thought the gods would curse him.