Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!

Default Focus

{This post has been removed}
    {Moved from Tales of Poker}

Ripp, you just like to keep me busy, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripptyde
    LoL actually everytime I post I try and figure out where in the Sam Hell you want me to post.
    Check it, yo:

http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=413
    mucho mahalo
    ‘A‘ole pilikia, señor.
    haha im guess ing your confidence was brought to ahalt in the 50+5 tourney?

I'm hopin you didnt get knocked out with pocket 9's against pocket 4's or something like that.
    the difference is i had to get to the restaurant for all you can eat ribs, can't be late for that shit man! hehehe
    c'mon guys I want expert opinions on that tourney....lets go rock stars
    I'll see if I can get to this one later... been fishing all night. Rocked the 2/4 tables. Up over 4BB/100 hands and I'm still seeing a lot of places my game needs work...
    i am by no means an expert, you had a few balsy moves in there, I think your game excels in short handed play like one on one or 3 players, alot of players dont know how to play this situation me included until a few weeks ago. i am now 5 1st places in my last 10 tourneys with a 2nd place in there as well, due to lost connection. and no thirds and 4 out of the money finishes . My short handed play has really improved thanks mainly to analyzing your tourneys rypp, obviously i cant critisize this tourney you finished first. cant do better than that.
    also where do you guys play the multis at i am mainly partypoker but also have a pokerstars account. I think it would be fun to have a bunch of us all join the same multi and follow along see how we do,against the competition, have a thread to keep each other updated as we move on or get knocked out. just a thought anyways
    506331427 - QJo is a fold at a full table. Str8 is 1 out less than a flush draw and a weaker hand. Top pair is out-kicked.
    506333667 - Dude, that flop bet was weak. Limp raise was... curious... I think you want a cheap flop/multi-pot here.
    506337098 - Can't even make a straight, fold that cheese.
    506342040 - Curious... No aggression pre-flop? AJo in 5-way pot, bad. No challenge of that flop bet?
    506343453 - I like the check on the turn, I have a bad habbit of getting into trouble betting there.
    506344923 - Hmmm... if you ever limp with Aces, that was the time. Otherwise, oh well.
    506345333 - Good fold
    506347035 - I see where this is going...
    506347617 - CALL?!?!?
    506348234 - Lol, very nice
    506349720 - Nice takedown, I presume if you were called/re-raised it would have been a fold?
    506351128 - Lol, quality...
    506351643 - Amazed they haven't started calling yet...
    506352027 - Make sure that guy doesn't know where you live...
    506352901 - CALL?!?!?
    506354050 - *scratches head*, I don't get that one at all.
    506354504 - This guy is soooo roadkill...
    506357463 - Can you say "Tilt" boys and girls? Sure, I knew you could. - Fred Rogers
    you got it all figured out don't you......percentages, pre flop raises, calls and every other aspect of this game NOBODY will ever master
    You asked...

Fnord has your every move entered in his super no limit holdem computer

I'm going to reserve verbal retaliation until I send you packing on Sunday
    Looking forward to it.

NO offense Fnord... but your die hard, analytical approach to no limit holdem doesn't consider the human element.

This is a game of skill AND luck...but you seem to be determined to deny that element and play 'by the numbers'
    I don't beleive in luck. I would say it's a game of People and numbers. Get the other guy to fold or put his chips in when you have the best of it. Actually, I though you were too passive in a couple spots. Gesh, you'd think I didn't get a steady stream of profit from bluffing. There are a lot of hand histories I don't post... If I didn't regularly bluff when AK misses I would be a lot worse off.

part of me has tremendous respect for you for your grasp of the percentages'...but part of me can't wait to slap you on the river
    This is why I don't play SnGs, nor said much about the later part of the tourney. My heads up and extremely short handed game isn't as strong.
    I've learned a lot from both of you guys (Fnord and Ripp), and am still learning. You both have a lot of wisdom to offer... they just may be in different areas and aspects of the game.
    Holy crap! What the hell...?

Are morons like dbmrr common at Paradise?
    It's limit, but I don't have a lot of NL stuff on file. Refrain from vommiting...

Also keep in mind, it's just not profitable to even try to bluff some of the players at these tables...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (2 handed) converter

Preflop: Fnord is BB with 4, Q. Button posts a blind of $2.
    Fnord raises, Button (poster) 3-bets, Fnord calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8, T, J (2 players)
    Fnord bets, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K (2 players)
    Fnord bets, Button folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB

Results in white below:
    No showdown. Fnord wins 5 BB.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Fnord is SB with K, 8.
    UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Fnord raises, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 4, Q, 6 (2 players)
    Fnord bets, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 3 BB

Results in white below:
    No showdown. Fnord wins 3 BB.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Fnord is BB with T, T.
    UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB raises, Fnord 3-bets, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8, A, 7 (2 players)
    SB bets, Fnord raises, SB folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

Results in white below:
    No showdown. Fnord wins 4.50 BB.
    Fnord I'm sorry man. I should probably be begging you to tutor me....I'm just trying to shed some light on the human element which is what I thrive on and what I think you don't pay much attention to. Percentages and hand likelyhoods are all fine and dandy, but I prefer to play the player and his stack...regardless of my cards.
    Don't presume what I pay attention to.
    Don't ask for my input then belittle me when I give it to you honestly (and with a little light humor.)
    Don't presume that I think I'm gods gift to poker. Heck, I'm not even the best player in this forum.

I enjoy discussing situations and am curious why something was done, particularly when I have a different opinion because quite often I am wrong. This thread has degenerated below that.
    Now, now, kids.
    rypptyde i really have to agree with you here, that playing on the opponenets fear of loss is vital, and ever since i started playing more that way i have been much more profitable, I actually just submitted an article for the poker article contest on that exact premise. cant wait for sunday it's gonna be fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxscam
    rypptyde i really have to agree with you here, that playing on the opponenets fear of loss is vital, and ever since i started playing more that way i have been much more profitable, I actually just submitted an article for the poker article contest on that exact premise. cant wait for sunday it's gonna be fun!
    I agree with Ripptyde too, but thats how I play as well.

On the other hand I think you can be just as profitable playing like Fnord. Their are pro's that play both ways and do very well. I wish I had all of Fnord's knowledge, I'm sure it would greatly help my game. Just because someone plays different, that doesn't make it wrong. You need to be able to adapt to the table you are at.
    Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants won't help.
    -- Calvin and Hobbes