Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

100NL - Fly away then dammit

Default 100NL - Fly away then dammit

Villain is Flyboys007

Have 500 hands on him, he's playing 13/12 but 3B'ing a shitton like 11% in the blinds vs mp/lp opens, seems kind of spewy postflop.

I decided just call pre to try keep his airy hands in while I'm IP, plus he seems a bit aggro postflop so it'll give him a chance to spew if he wants.

Def wasn't expecting his flop line. If I had to guess I think his range is something like 88+, AKs, AQs, AJs, KQs, maybe J-10. Hows this range look?

C'ring this board just seems so wacky to me. Why would he want to give me a free card with any of my hands when he could happily bet/get it in with all his FD's/SD's/sets? Smells like somethings up...

Thoughts pls:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($106.80)
    MP1 ($173.35)
    Hero (MP2) ($116.10)
    CO ($145.15)
    Button ($58.75)
    SB ($100)
    BB ($100)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with ,
    2 folds, Hero bets $3, 2 folds, SB raises to $9, 1 fold, Hero calls $6

Flop: ($19) , , (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $14, SB raises to $32, Hero wtf's?

Don't complain; Just work harder - Randy Pausch (The Last Lecture)
    don't bet flop if you aren't getting it in vs this playmaster nit
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro2Macro View Post
    don't bet flop if you aren't getting it in vs this playmaster nit
    thissssssss

though calling and jamming/calling his shove on a blank turn has its merits too

?wut
    lol pwnt

I absolutely don't mind bet/folding the flop, but I would bet a lot smaller. I don't think a check is bad in a vaccuum, but it seems like he's a reg and you're a reg so...

Maybe you have post flop reads, but based on how he looks I would really expect him to just c-bet his good draws (hence bet smaller) AQo is the drawiest hand I'd expect him to have. When he check raises to that size oop I'm just like.... whatever man, nh. Is this guy really ever doing that as a semi bluff you think? Are you auto-betting in position when the pfr checks to you? Do you have any kind of history in 3b pots? Have you ever seen him show down a hand in that spot? Is QT in his range?

Most likely tho he just forgot that he 3b pre. Is he mass tabling?
    Last edited by oskar; 11-04-2010 at 04:55 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbickes View Post
    thissssssss

though calling and jamming/calling his shove on a blank turn has its merits too
    You know the villain? He's c/minraising as the 3bettor oop with draws? that's... interesting.
    Last edited by oskar; 11-04-2010 at 07:01 PM.
    yeah...and probably QQ or something retarded. what would bet/folding accomplish?

your arguement for betting instead of checking is 'hes a reg and we're a reg' but then you want to fold if raised? if you think his c/r range is too strong for us to continue, but his c/c range is just weak then we're only getting a street our two out of that range anyway. So that would be a decent reason to check behind. If you think you aren't getting value from worse enough and check, your checking back range is a bit stronger and you can delay float more credibly in this type of spot if he sees you show this down.

I have seen this guy c/min raise a set before in a single raised pot so he's definitely capable of taking weird ass lines for value, which does make this a pretty akward spot. If you really arent sure about getting it in you can call and get it in on a blank turn like bbickes said (which is probably better than shipping flop)
    Last edited by Micro2Macro; 11-04-2010 at 08:12 PM.
    If we know that he likes to c/r in that spot then checking back is obviously better. If he doesn't then I kind of like a hp bet because we're going to be in that spot quite a lot against him, and the wider we keep our value range the more credibly we can bluff a wider range. He might cc with A9, A8, AQ, maybe some Jx, TT, 9T.
    If he takes his "Whatever happens, DO NOT CALL" philosophy post flop then check back all day long.
    Smells like QT suited to me, maybe Jacks but he surely seems loaded don't you think?