Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWerewolf Village

World War Werewolf - Game Thread

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 1,501 to 1,571 of 1571
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    Game was fun. Thanks for modding ong.

Having powers makes the game so much more fun, but I wonder if doing it too often could make the times you finally spike vig or seer in a regular game less fun so I think we should limit the frequency of these kinda games.

And Luco, I can spot you as a wolf so easily though I don't quite know why.
    Lol my wolf game is still a work in progress, it will get harder
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    I almost shot jyms on n2 but got drunk and missed the deadline. Things worked out on that one since someone else shot him.

I shot Hoopy on N3 but was blocked.

I held off on night 4 because I was torn between kingnat, MMM, and savy.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Everyone was all over jyms lol. Its like...no one wanted to fight his "im always wofly" argument for a lynch...but everyone wanted him dead.
    bigred, wolves had 1x doc and they used it on hoopy the night you hit him, that's why he didn't die. But they also needed to kill jack that night to have any chance.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    bigred, wolves had 1x doc and they used it on hoopy the night you hit him, that's why he didn't die. But they also needed to kill jack that night to have any chance.
    I didn't know if he was vig proof or had been protected so I wouldn't have shot him N4 if he survived D4 because that was my last bullet. Good to know.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Also, MMM needs to admit he has a hard on for me cause him + wolves were the ones pushing for me.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Well played village.

Game was really fun to play from the wolves side as we didn't have a clue what roles were out there, so mostly we were making things up as we went along. Tough 2nd day with the vig shot on jyms.

Bring on the 4th world war imo.
    Also props to Ong for keeping track of all the powers and telling a good story.
    Great job, Ong.

It was a blast.

Great flavor text.

Congrats to the allies, and JKDS... you had me guessing right up to the end.
    Game was awesome and Ong did an outstanding job with modding.

As for the fake claim I really was on a golf trip that weekend and knew I didn't have time to work through the real fake claim that I had. I also knew, once JKDS outed me, that I had such a slim chance at winning that I almost gave up. I actually PM'd Ong to see if he was ok with that.

At some point I had enough to drink during golf that I said fuck it, let's go have some fun...........and the role was born. Of course if I am going to fake a role I am going to take the fucker to the end and I did. It really was the most fun I have ever had in a game.
    Poker is easy, it's winning at poker that's hard.
    Bigred... I'm still not convinced you're not axis.

You troll me well, is all I can say.
    Very well done gator. My PM to ong in response to your fake claim was

"Did he just...no...omfg. Oh no he didnt. Oh no he fucking didnt.

HE DARES OUT WUFINATE ME! ME?????????? HOW FUCKING DARE HE. YOU'RE GOING DOWN GATORMAN"

I think you succeeded though. I tip my hat, that was the best fake claim I've ever seen.
    Haha we won, nice game! Rong very nice shot on Jyms indeed. JKDS caught Gator, I caught Hoopy and boost caught imsavy. Jyms is indeed the most impressive one, I didn't see him as a wolf at all and was pretty much defending him so nice on that one. Luco was easy to spot like rong said. Gator also some weird vibe, that's why I looked him up. His outing was great though! Hoopy I got very suspicious of at some point so I stuck with not saying anything about it in the thread but looking him up at night. JKDS always seemed like a villager to me, his style was supicious (lawyer-speak or mafiascum-speak?) but I could never rhyme the contents of his posts with him being a wolf.

Maybe the game was a bit favoring of the allies, but definitely good play by the village this time around. Having powers adds a lot of fun. Want more . But this is a lot of work to set up of course, kudos to ong for that.
    I would definitely play daven's inception game.
    Thanks guys!

More about kingnat's role - some of you will be familiar with "whistle blower" because you had a classified document. Funnily enough the only one that got used was the wolf one, and they sent a message (through me of course) to kingnat saying JKDS was armed with a nuke on the day that gator was fucked. I was somewhat surprised that kingnat did not mention that during that day, but then again he knew he could not determine the alignment or motive of any message he got.

I happen to really like wuf's role. He started off self aligned, had an option to become a vanilla ally, and could be recruited to any team. He could even have formed a winning alliance with gator had survivor and rogue been last two standing.

And all the questions regarding what happens if 1 vs 1 vs 1 on final day? Someone gets lynched. I had every possible 2-man tiebreak covered, the only problem for me is if we get to night and it's 1 vs 1 vs 1 and the ally is a vig with a shot - in that event, I have to randomly take a kill off someone to ensure there isn't as many kills as people.
    Last edited by OngBonga; 11-26-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    ongies gonna ong
    I want more!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Well I wanna play next one so someone else can mod! I'll try and think up another format for the new year, I really enjoyed modding. It's actually a lot more demanding than playing, but that could just be due to role madness.
    ongies gonna ong
    No, even pretty vanilla games take tonnes of effort to mod.

Then again, we've both only done it once so maybe it gets easier with experience.
    I tried to give the wolves a fair advantage at the end of the night after jack seered hoopy - once deadline was up, I posted in the wolf den first saying that the superpower had been hacked by fiji, and sent jack his pm after everyone else got theirs. That gave them a 5 minute head start, plus however long it takes for jack to get online. Had the wolves been quicker than jack, they could have orchestrated a fakeclaim for savy to throw hoopy under the bus. Jack was far too fast though.

I considered it a fair advantage because I have to wait a minute to post multiple pms to different people anyway, someone gets theirs before others, and that's basically down to my choice. The best I can do for the wolves there is to manipulate the pm order to suit them best, while making sure I'm not taking longer than necessary.
    ongies gonna ong
    Oh, and specials thanks to bigred for the best pm reply ever -

ong - your night action was unsuccessful

bigred - your mother was unsuccessful
    ongies gonna ong
    Oh, also props to ImSavy for totally ignoring the barrage of insults I threw his way after he made a stupid raise against me in a zoom hand this morning, as if he thinks I'm the kind of idiot who who pay such a raise with top pair.
    ongies gonna ong
    inception.jpg

Featuring
    -Gameplay Across 3 Different Threads
    -New Win Conditions
    -New Roles
    -And several sheep

You wont want to sleep through this one...

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

(Im willing to push this back a month or two if people want a game sooner. I cannot mod until January)
    plenty of time to fit one in before christmas.

I'll mod or play, don't mind either.
    BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAA
    very cool game ong. you've shown how an involved moderator can really make a game awesome. also, you've given me much to think about as far as game dynamics and future setups. good job and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jyms
    "Gabe is dangerous as fuck, he just named three wolves and no villagers in one post on day two. That post makes me think gabe dies every game first night."
    dying early is worth it when i can look back and see i put some fear into the wolves
    Quote Originally Posted by imsavy
    I also think it's pathetic how Gabe can not have an argument against me at all and just say my tones off and people jump on the bandwagon. Would maybe hold some weight if I'd played before but the guy doesn't even know what my default tone would be (exactly the same).
    hehe. maybe i got lucky ?
    I could be up for a holiday game!! Go for it Rong.
    Poker is easy, it's winning at poker that's hard.
    I have a vague idea for a vanilla game where the wolves are saboteurs in a condom factory. They'll be called the pricks
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    i'm still pretty sure jkds is a wolf with savy. And that we should lynch bigred and kingnat.
    loving my reads!
    great game ong, heaps fun.
    yay ....so i did help kill wuf since he was attacked by multiple factions.....so why didn't usa forces show up as aiding india. That would have confirmed me as a villager especially when MMM showed up as angel.
    Oh, also props to ImSavy for totally ignoring the barrage of insults I threw his way after he made a stupid raise against me in a zoom hand this morning, as if he thinks I'm the kind of idiot who who pay such a raise with top pair.
    I have the HUD covering the chat box. Wondered wtf took you so long.

Also I was bluffing, had AT.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    hehe. maybe i got lucky ?
    I was legit pissed off about that. Was like that's bullshit it's just a stab in the dark but people respect the guy enough to lynch me on a whim.

I was enjoying the game at the start then I had to be away for a few days and as soon as I'm behind I just lose the will to catch up. Also sucked how my whole team just died.
    Last edited by Savy; 11-26-2013 at 05:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    i'm still pretty sure jkds is a wolf with savy.
    You were only half wrong, and I would have lynched me too lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy View Post

I was legit pissed off about that. Was like that's bullshit it's just a stab in the dark but people respect the guy enough to lynch me on a whim.

I was enjoying the game at the start then I had to be away for a few days and as soon as I'm behind I just lose the will to catch up. Also sucked how my whole team just died.
    Honestly, sometimes being behind is a good thing. It forces you to catch up, and by marathoning what you missed and with the ability to see current posts before catching up, you often gain insight that real-timers missed. I know it can be a bit overwhelming being behind by several hundred posts, but once you get going, it's not so bad. And worst case, you can just grunch and start playing from where ever the game is when you drop back in.
    Just finished the wolf thread and Savy played an excellent game. Nothing to be sorry about.

@Ong. I'm grateful, in a way, but why wasn't India ever mentioned in the NEWS?

...I don't think I ever protected the right person, except for daven... who was at least twice, if not 3-times protected that night.
    Sucks that the axis knew who Estonia was and never even got in a lol at how hard I was sweating to figure it out.

Sucks that I couldn't make heads or tails of gabe. I seriously had no clue what kind of dada-istic approach he was pulling on the night he died.
    Thanks guys!

More about kingnat's role - some of you will be familiar with "whistle blower" because you had a classified document. Funnily enough the only one that got used was the wolf one, and they sent a message (through me of course) to kingnat saying JKDS was armed with a nuke on the day that gator was fucked. I was somewhat surprised that kingnat did not mention that during that day, but then again he knew he could not determine the alignment or motive of any message.
    Thanks for a great game Ong. I'll admit I made several mistakes and realized it might be a bad idea to move off myself on D2 but thought it was worth the risk.

I also didn't out my info about JKDS because I figured there was a 50/50 chance it was bad info, and I'd sure to be lynched if I tried outing JKDS and it turned out bad. I don't know what the other classified info might have been but I honestly thought that my usefulness was limited by my interesting but ultimately a fairly unreliable power. It seemed like if I outted, it wouldn't look convincing at all. Totally looks like a safe claim. Also if I putted with my weak power seemed like the wolves might try to shift to a more powerful villager so from D2 I was pretty much ready to sacrifice myself as I felt like it would hurt the village the least.

Don't know if that makes sense but there it is.

Also when I received my one "classified document" pm. It was like Christmas morning as a 6 yo. Sooooo fucking awesome. Great job Ong!!
    So you click their picture and then you get their money?

Pretty sure I had worse, but I would have folded top pair, it screamed huge value bet vs donk type bet, which is why I took offence!

As for keith and mmm missing out on a mention in the news... I was trying to be careful about just how many people could have their villager actions confirmed by the breaking news feed. I had determined before the game that Indian dcotors were unsung heroes, while keith's doc (USA) would be a media whore if they successfully saved, but get no mention if his doc failed, and gabe, the most powerful of the town protection roles, got mentioned whenever his troops protected so the wolves could hunt him down quicker, but on the other hand it meant he's a confirmed villager when he claims.

It was very hard to balance what was being said in the breaking news.
    ongies gonna ong
    Kingnat, off the top of my head I think it was rong, pascal, bankitdrew and hoopy who had a classified document, so it was actually a 1/4 chance of being bad info. You were totally right to hold back, but seeing as I knew JKDS was going to nail gator, I was kinda liking the extra twist that it could've thrown in.

Your role was pretty useless in the end, I wasn't sure how that one would play out. I kinda expected people to send their documents on d3 when they have two nights of info, and you'd have a collection of useful town info with some wolf misdirection for good measure. Unfortunately only the wolves used their doc and you didn't give it enough credit for it to play a part.

I was kind of glad that it looked like a safeclaim, but rong at least would have known you were honest, and that probably keeps you from lynch.
    ongies gonna ong
    I was trying to be less spewy in hope I would live longer. if the village became suspicious I was capable of outing as Estonia. I was shooting for pithy and turned out dadaistic. nice-- I learned a new word
    Oh and gabe, you lost your power when you protected daven because leaving the village with two protection roles after wolves used their nuke seemed a bit too strong.

There were others who lost their power if they visited a nuked target, and JKDS would have died outright had he visited a nuked nation, in a futile attempt to give the rogue a little more chance.
    ongies gonna ong
    I tried to give the wolves a fair advantage at the end of the night after jack seered hoopy - once deadline was up, I posted in the wolf den first saying that the superpower had been hacked by fiji, and sent jack his pm after everyone else got theirs. That gave them a 5 minute head start, plus however long it takes for jack to get online. Had the wolves been quicker than jack, they could have orchestrated a fakeclaim for savy to throw hoopy under the bus. Jack was far too fast though.
    I made a wolf arooo in about thirty minutes. That's gotta be some kind of record no?
    Hoopy gets LVP for not putting up a fight!

>.<

Jk hoops.
    inb4 anybody says village pwned it because i didn't go bonkers over everything. probably some truth to that. a smidgen of truth.

if i had known that i could win with the rogue somehow, i probably wouldn't have given up the rogue information. Dan was right, i wasn't terribly interested in the idea of winning by myself

i really like the format. we really should do the same later, just with some newish powers and more wolves or more powers for the wolves

i may or may not be open to modding a game that starts soon
    btw i guarantee this is my new style. i miss a lot more things than normal because i dont try to dissect connections, but overall i think it's better when i just have hunches and let things fall as they may
    a little upset that we didnt get to lunch jums
    Village won because we had a billion seers that all hit. Also, I for one do recognize the value in having you wufwugy out all the time, wuf. Forcing arguments reveals info, even if the premise is convoluted or the conclusion proves false.

I really liked Wugy's role, the flavor for all roles, Nukes, Roleblocks, daven's mason AND innocent child role, and the idea of giving some players info but withholding it from others.
    honestly i really wanted to get shot and become a wolf. partly because i wanted to see if i could play in such a way that i dont get lynched but do get shot. it's a unique position to be in
    I can make a quick no muss no fuss game. No special roles, but its got a little unique gameplay. Its fairly easy from a modding standpoint but I wont have flavor.

If no one wants to make one, ill do that one.
    Kingnat, off the top of my head I think it was rong, pascal, bankitdrew and hoopy who had a classified document, so it was actually a 1/4 chance of being bad info. You were totally right to hold back, but seeing as I knew JKDS was going to nail gator, I was kinda liking the extra twist that it could've thrown in.

Your role was pretty useless in the end, I wasn't sure how that one would play out. I kinda expected people to send their documents on d3 when they have two nights of info, and you'd have a collection of useful town info with some wolf misdirection for good measure. Unfortunately only the wolves used their doc and you didn't give it enough credit for it to play a part.

I was kind of glad that it looked like a safeclaim, but rong at least would have known you were honest, and that probably keeps you from lynch.
    I think it was a really cool role. The results for this game didn't turn out as interesting for my role, but that's just being results oriented. I can imagine it being really cool.

And it won't appear in any thread, but ffs, did I mull over every which way to present or ask a question that might elucidate some information, but couldn't quite get there.

It can't be said enough. Very entertaining to read and think about. So much fun.
    So you click their picture and then you get their money?
    inb4 anybody says village pwned it because i didn't go bonkers over everything. probably some truth to that. a smidgen of truth.
    Come on noone is going to say that. Last game was a collective mistake, personally I consider my play there to have been atrocious. I had crazy rl stuff going on that I never mentioned here but that's about my only excuse.

I saw the same trend starting in this game and while I normally ignore suspicion that comes my way because I think "if people are suspecting me I won't be nommed", now I was thinking that damn, it'll just cause noone to take what I say seriously and just lead to unneeded confusion and back-and-forth bickering and suspicions so I wanted to make a strong point I was a villager, by my revelations but also just play a less accusatory style, even if I had some strong suspicions.

It's a bit like Kingnat said at the end, that we play like assholes. In a way we do and it's also part of the game, games on mafiascum are very asshole-like if you are expecting a pure collegial game. This game compared to all the previous ones was a lot more "talking as a group" - and it is a LOT harder to fit in there as a wolf! I think that explains how we collectively did all the great lookups and vig shots and basically had most of the wolves singled out the whole game. It's so hard to fit into a group of people just having a chat as a wolf, much easier when there is a lot of accusing and bickering and people who sit back aren't scrutinized for such behavior.

Or maybe I'm cocky because we won so easily but this is what I think.
    Jack makes some interesting points there about working as a unit to make it difficult for the wolves to blend in.

It's funny, I expected this game to be decided by how good the wolf fakeclaims were. Not one single Axis member fakeclaimed. I think for wolves to win this, they need a fakeclaim strategy from the off. I gave them safeclaims in an effort to ensure they recognised it would be an important factor. I was really hoping wuf would get recruited because I think he would've provided a strategical spark in the den. I think wolves played ok but I suspect they were a little overwhelmed and didn't really know how to approach this game, and as such there was something lacking. I think wuf could've made a big difference. Shame it didn't get to play out like that.

Jack is also right about people being assholes when playing this game. I prefer playing here because the asshole factor is mostly banter, I think generally this is a bunch of people who would call themselves internet friends. It's different at mafiascum, almost more professional, like it's a fucking sport and winning is of the utmost importance. The asshole factor is more serious. It's a lot more laid back here.
    Last edited by OngBonga; 11-27-2013 at 01:02 AM.
    ongies gonna ong
    It also didn't really help that like every shot at the start hit. Luco's EMP role was so important and just sucked really that we lost it.

Also how much volume have you put in the last two days? Always seem to be grinding.
    I'm usually a dick, but that's just jkds logical coldness. I try to balance it by avoiding all insults and posting gifs and images some times. Idk if it works, but I cant not react how I do.

Here, I think its honestly more about not wanting to lose than trying to win though.
    BANAMAMAMAMA BANAMAMAMAM BANNA VBANANANANANAN

That's my song I wrote for you guys. It's very similar to arctic monkeys do i want to know, but different.

Let's play inception werewolf but a week later. cause that's when I can play.

Also, BANAMAMAM BANANANANA BANAMAM BANANANANANA
    LOL OPERATIONS
    LOL OPERATIONS
    I'M SOBER
    LOL OPERATIONS
    MAYBE NOT
    LOL OPERATIONS
    The wolves this game imo

LOL OPERATIONS
    CRAWLING BACK TO YOU!!!
    LOL OPERATIONS
    SIMMER DOWN AND POKER UP
    LOL OPERATIONS
    It also didn't really help that like every shot at the start hit. Luco's EMP role was so important and just sucked really that we lost it.

Also how much volume have you put in the last two days? Always seem to be grinding.
    Yeah losing your roleblocker quickly was bad for you guys.

And I've played around 8k hands the last two nights, trying to get some volume in now I'm rolled for 10nl again.
    ongies gonna ong
    Jack makes some interesting points there about working as a unit to make it difficult for the wolves to blend in.

It's funny, I expected this game to be decided by how good the wolf fakeclaims were. Not one single Axis member fakeclaimed. I think for wolves to win this, they need a fakeclaim strategy from the off. I gave them safeclaims in an effort to ensure they recognised it would be an important factor. I was really hoping wuf would get recruited because I think he would've provided a strategical spark in the den. I think wolves played ok but I suspect they were a little overwhelmed and didn't really know how to approach this game, and as such there was something lacking. I think wuf could've made a big difference. Shame it didn't get to play out like that.
    It's hard to sell a fakeclaim credibly imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    Let's play inception werewolf but a week later. cause that's when I can play.
    Done. Bigred's demands will be met for providing the humor in our asshole filled games.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDS View Post
    Done. Bigred's demands will be met for providing the humor in our asshole filled games.
    There is literally no good time for me to play anymore, work + life have exploded.

I'll still play though ldo
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDS View Post
    So many dimensions to this...
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Haha, that stood out to me ass well.
    Am I weird that I didn't pick up on that, or should I be happy?..
    Clearly, for bigred and I, there's a small (for bigred at least) part of us which likes the cock.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    Am I weird that I didn't pick up on that, or should I be happy?..
    Oh, you'll be happy soon enough...
    LOL OPERATIONS
    So whos getting stuffed on thanksgiving?
    My racist comment to JKDS went totally unnoticed too.
    ongies gonna ong