Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

Limit HU SnGs at Stars are free money

Default Limit HU SnGs at Stars are free money

So, so easy to beat. If you need to build your BR and you can play half-decent limit, play a few $5 LHE HU SnGs at Poker Stars.

Example of how bad the play is, this guy couldn't beat the board!:

PokerStars Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t30 (2 handed) converter

Button (t1300)
    Hero (t1700)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, K.
    Button raises, Hero 3-bets, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB, t180) J, J, J (2 players)
    Hero bets, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB, t420) T (2 players)
    Hero bets, Button calls.

River: (9 BB, t540) J (2 players)
    Hero bets, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB (t1020)

Results in white below:
    Hero has Qc Kh (four of a kind, jacks).
    Button has 4d 8h (four of a kind, jacks).
    Outcome: Hero wins 17 BB (t1020).
    Why did you 3bet the river?
    The artist formerly known as Knish
    Only mediocre players are always at their best.
    Phil Ivey Owns You
    Quote Originally Posted by Les_worm
    Why did you 3bet the river?
    Reads. This guy raised every single hand and bet it down (occasionally called down) whatever the board. If he did have an ace, I would have been unlucky.
    even with reads, the safer move is to just call the river, capping without the ace is almost insane with over 95% of the fish playing every ace-rag.
    "Imagine how it would be to be at the top Making cash money, Go and tour all around the world, Tell stories about all the young girls." - The Prodigy - Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Element187
    even with reads, the safer move is to just call the river, capping without the ace is almost insane with over 95% of the fish playing every ace-rag.
    Ace rag is a good hand heads-up. With the need to play so many hands the fish are taking far worse hands to the river.
    man, these games are $$$$. I call down so much its great. I call down with K high and A high until the blinds get 50/100.

These games are so easy, ALL the players are on auto-bet if you check to them and most will raise every street with anything. Those who know my style headsup will know I play a very passive games in LHE. Most the players don't realize that if you cap every street, most likely you have something. Top pair wins 80% of the time and even middle pair is over 50%. I had a guy yesterday three bet the turn and raise the river on KING high. LOL, too easy. After about 5 mins you begin to realize how easy it is to win. VPIP should be at least 80 if not more and my PFR is around 15 or so. Raises don't mean shit either preflop and even on the flop they are useless.

I played a $10 one and a $20 one and they both were easy as fuck. I was even 2-tabling full ring in the process. I'm gonna play a couple more 20s to get my BR up there (I only had like $12 in there to begin with) then I'll move up to the $50 and see if it gets any better.

Check out my videos at Grinderschool.com

More Full Ring NLHE Cash videos than ANY other poker training site. Training starts at $10/month.