Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

NLHE Foundations Course #05: Pre-Flop Ranges (Part 2)

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina

    Video NLHE Foundations Course #05: Pre-Flop Ranges (Part 2)

    This is the discussion thread for part 5 of the NLHE Foundations Course.

    It's extremely, extremely important that you sign up for this FREE course by just posting in the main thread that you want in so that I can PM you updates and talk with you privately if you're having trouble.

    If you're just now joining us, start with Part 1 and work your way through the series. I'm still monitoring all of the threads for this series.

    Post your homework in this thread, and talk about the homework that other people post.
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 07-25-2015 at 10:17 AM.
  2. #2
    I'm not sure if understood the homework, so i hope it's ok.
    I'm going to separate the big blind and the small blind since people tend to use different strategies (i do!). In big blind the 3betting ranges tend to be polarized, and in the small blind they tend to be a bit merged since calling would encourage the big blind to squeeze a lot. Although this villain is not folding a lot to 4bet, which may indicate that he is merging a lot.


    This villain is a 16/11, Total 3bet of 5, Fold to 4bet: 44
    resteal from sb: 7 fold sb to steal: 84
    resteal from bb vs co: 8 fold bb vs co steal: 84
    resteal from bb vs bu: 16 fold bb vs bu steal: 74
    resteal from bb vs sb: 8 fold bb vs sb steal: 78



    3betting hands that went to showdown:

    AA: BB vs LP, LP vs MP, BU vs CO, BB vs SB, MP vs EP
    KK: LP vs MP, BB vs MP
    QQ: LP vs MP, SB vs EP
    JJ: MP vs EP, SB vs LP, SB vs MP, BU vs CO
    TT: LP vs EP, BU vs CO, BB vs LP, MP vs MP
    99: MP vs EP
    88: BB vs SB, BB vs LP
    AK: BB vs EP, SB vs LP, LP vs EP, EP vs EP
    AQ: SB vs LP, SB vs EP, BB vs LP
    AJ: SB vs MP
    AT: SB vs MP, SB vs LP
    A9s: SB vs LP, LP vs MP
    A6s: SB vs LP
    A3s: SB vs MP
    KQ: SB vs EP, SB vs MP
    QJ: SB vs MP, SB vs LP
    JTo: BB vs LP

    1. MP vs EP: JJ+ (99+ vs fishes)
    2. LP vs EP: TT+, AK
    3. SB vs EP: TT+, AQ+, KQ
    4. BB vs EP: QQ+, AK
    5. LP vs MP: TT+, A9s-ATs, AK
    6. SB vs MP: TT+, A2s+, AQ+, KQ, QJ
    7. BB vs MP: QQ+, AQ+, KQ
    8. SB vs LP: 88+, A2s+, KJs+, QJs-98s, ATo+, KJo+, QJo-JTo
    9. BB vs LP: 88+, AQs, A5s-A2s, AKo, ATo, KTo, QTo, JTo
    10. BB vs SB: 88+, AQs+, A5s-A2s, QTs, AKo, KTo, QTo

    Sorry for my english. I struggled a lot writing this, and struggled with the ranges of course hahaha.


    I think that knowing villain's 3betting ranges is crucial for choosing a strategy to defend ourselves. To know when to call 3bets and when to 4bet. Baluga talks about this in Easy Game.
  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinaD View Post
    I'm not sure if understood the homework, so i hope it's ok.
    I'm going to separate the big blind and the small blind since people tend to use different strategies (i do!). In big blind the 3betting ranges tend to be polarized, and in the small blind they tend to be a bit merged since calling would encourage the big blind to squeeze a lot. Although this villain is not folding a lot to 4bet, which may indicate that he is merging a lot.


    This villain is a 16/11, Total 3bet of 5, Fold to 4bet: 44
    resteal from sb: 7 fold sb to steal: 84
    resteal from bb vs co: 8 fold bb vs co steal: 84
    resteal from bb vs bu: 16 fold bb vs bu steal: 74
    resteal from bb vs sb: 8 fold bb vs sb steal: 78



    3betting hands that went to showdown:

    AA: BB vs LP, LP vs MP, BU vs CO, BB vs SB, MP vs EP
    KK: LP vs MP, BB vs MP
    QQ: LP vs MP, SB vs EP
    JJ: MP vs EP, SB vs LP, SB vs MP, BU vs CO
    TT: LP vs EP, BU vs CO, BB vs LP, MP vs MP
    99: MP vs EP
    88: BB vs SB, BB vs LP
    AK: BB vs EP, SB vs LP, LP vs EP, EP vs EP
    AQ: SB vs LP, SB vs EP, BB vs LP
    AJ: SB vs MP
    AT: SB vs MP, SB vs LP
    A9s: SB vs LP, LP vs MP
    A6s: SB vs LP
    A3s: SB vs MP
    KQ: SB vs EP, SB vs MP
    QJ: SB vs MP, SB vs LP
    JTo: BB vs LP

    1. MP vs EP: JJ+ (99+ vs fishes)
    2. LP vs EP: TT+, AK
    3. SB vs EP: TT+, AQ+, KQ
    4. BB vs EP: QQ+, AK
    5. LP vs MP: TT+, A9s-ATs, AK
    6. SB vs MP: TT+, A2s+, AQ+, KQ, QJ
    7. BB vs MP: QQ+, AQ+, KQ
    8. SB vs LP: 88+, A2s+, KJs+, QJs-98s, ATo+, KJo+, QJo-JTo
    9. BB vs LP: 88+, AQs, A5s-A2s, AKo, ATo, KTo, QTo, JTo
    10. BB vs SB: 88+, AQs+, A5s-A2s, QTs, AKo, KTo, QTo

    Sorry for my english. I struggled a lot writing this, and struggled with the ranges of course hahaha.


    I think that knowing villain's 3betting ranges is crucial for choosing a strategy to defend ourselves. To know when to call 3bets and when to 4bet. Baluga talks about this in Easy Game.
    Hey,

    So I probably need at least another 20k hands or even more until I have an opponent with enough hands that went to showdown when he 3Bets.


    Therefore I am just here to ask (stupid) questions^^:

    2.) LP vs EP: TT+, AK which is about 3%
    3.) SB vs EP: TT+, AQ+, KQ which is about 4%

    I am not sure but if 3Bets someone in EP with KQ in the SB, shouldn't he do it also in LP?
    Because if Villain calls, hero is at least in postion.

    3.) SB vs EP: TT+, AQ+, KQ
    4.) BB vs EP: QQ+, AK


    6.) SB vs MP: TT+, A2s+, AQ+, KQ, QJ
    7.) BB vs MP: QQ+, AQ+, KQ


    8.) SB vs LP: 88+, A2s+, KJs+, QJs-98s, ATo+, KJo+, QJo-JTo
    9.) BB vs LP: 88+, AQs, A5s-A2s, AKo, ATo, KTo, QTo, JTo


    I don't understand why there is so a massive drop in the range. I mean in both SB and BB we are OOP on the flop. However in sb we are have one opponent on our left who is still in the Hand. So in the BB we already know what the SB did.

    So why is the range of the 3bet in the BB smaller than in the SB? Because I would assume that it the 3Bet range should be greater in the BB than in the SB.
  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pursu7it View Post
    Hey,

    So I probably need at least another 20k hands or even more until I have an opponent with enough hands that went to showdown when he 3Bets.


    Therefore I am just here to ask (stupid) questions^^:

    2.) LP vs EP: TT+, AK which is about 3%
    3.) SB vs EP: TT+, AQ+, KQ which is about 4%

    I am not sure but if 3Bets someone in EP with KQ in the SB, shouldn't he do it also in LP?
    Because if Villain calls, hero is at least in postion.

    3.) SB vs EP: TT+, AQ+, KQ
    4.) BB vs EP: QQ+, AK


    6.) SB vs MP: TT+, A2s+, AQ+, KQ, QJ
    7.) BB vs MP: QQ+, AQ+, KQ


    8.) SB vs LP: 88+, A2s+, KJs+, QJs-98s, ATo+, KJo+, QJo-JTo
    9.) BB vs LP: 88+, AQs, A5s-A2s, AKo, ATo, KTo, QTo, JTo


    I don't understand why there is so a massive drop in the range. I mean in both SB and BB we are OOP on the flop. However in sb we are have one opponent on our left who is still in the Hand. So in the BB we already know what the SB did.

    So why is the range of the 3bet in the BB smaller than in the SB? Because I would assume that it the 3Bet range should be greater in the BB than in the SB.
    Your first question is the most difficult to answer. First of all, i don't think this are fixed ranges. I think they only show some tendencies.
    When 3betting KQ vs EP, you are doing it as a bluff and not for value. If you call on the SB with KQ, you will be oop with a dominated hand, but if you call on the BU at least you have position over him. I'm not saying you should do it....but is arguable.


    To your second one: BB and SB play different ways.
    When you are on the SB, you have to be very careful when calling, because the BB can squeeze the hell out of you. So you tend to defend your SB by 3betting more than calling.
    On the BB, you are the last one to act and you have a better price to call. For example: BU opens to 2.5bb. Since you already posted your big blind, you only have to put another 1.5bb. You need to pay 1.5bb to win a 5.5bb pot, so you have to win 27% to break even. So when calling on this situation, you only have to win a few times to show profit.

    I hope i made myself clear. I suck in english hahaha.
  5. #5
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Like MarinaD said, this is all about learning tendencies.
  6. #6
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinaD View Post
    I'm not sure if understood the homework, so i hope it's ok.
    I'm going to separate the big blind and the small blind since people tend to use different strategies (i do!). In big blind the 3betting ranges tend to be polarized, and in the small blind they tend to be a bit merged since calling would encourage the big blind to squeeze a lot. Although this villain is not folding a lot to 4bet, which may indicate that he is merging a lot.


    This villain is a 16/11, Total 3bet of 5, Fold to 4bet: 44
    resteal from sb: 7 fold sb to steal: 84
    resteal from bb vs co: 8 fold bb vs co steal: 84
    resteal from bb vs bu: 16 fold bb vs bu steal: 74
    resteal from bb vs sb: 8 fold bb vs sb steal: 78



    3betting hands that went to showdown:

    AA: BB vs LP, LP vs MP, BU vs CO, BB vs SB, MP vs EP
    KK: LP vs MP, BB vs MP
    QQ: LP vs MP, SB vs EP
    JJ: MP vs EP, SB vs LP, SB vs MP, BU vs CO
    TT: LP vs EP, BU vs CO, BB vs LP, MP vs MP
    99: MP vs EP
    88: BB vs SB, BB vs LP
    AK: BB vs EP, SB vs LP, LP vs EP, EP vs EP
    AQ: SB vs LP, SB vs EP, BB vs LP
    AJ: SB vs MP
    AT: SB vs MP, SB vs LP
    A9s: SB vs LP, LP vs MP
    A6s: SB vs LP
    A3s: SB vs MP
    KQ: SB vs EP, SB vs MP
    QJ: SB vs MP, SB vs LP
    JTo: BB vs LP

    1. MP vs EP: JJ+ (99+ vs fishes)
    2. LP vs EP: TT+, AK
    3. SB vs EP: TT+, AQ+, KQ
    4. BB vs EP: QQ+, AK
    5. LP vs MP: TT+, A9s-ATs, AK
    6. SB vs MP: TT+, A2s+, AQ+, KQ, QJ
    7. BB vs MP: QQ+, AQ+, KQ
    8. SB vs LP: 88+, A2s+, KJs+, QJs-98s, ATo+, KJo+, QJo-JTo
    9. BB vs LP: 88+, AQs, A5s-A2s, AKo, ATo, KTo, QTo, JTo
    10. BB vs SB: 88+, AQs+, A5s-A2s, QTs, AKo, KTo, QTo

    Sorry for my english. I struggled a lot writing this, and struggled with the ranges of course hahaha.


    I think that knowing villain's 3betting ranges is crucial for choosing a strategy to defend ourselves. To know when to call 3bets and when to 4bet. Baluga talks about this in Easy Game.
    You did pretty good with this. The basic idea is to take the information that you have on an opponent and try to extrapolate that into complete ranges (as much as possible). Doing this type of practice will help you to develop an understanding of what different types of players are likely to have in different situations involving 3-betting pre-flop, etc.
  7. #7
    Villain

    VPIP: 30%
    PFR: 26%
    ATS: 39%
    3BPF: 16%

    Notes for hands villain 3B with;

    KJs, MP vs EP.

    AKs, J6s, AQo, LP vs EP.
    98s, LP vs MP.
    J9s, 86s, KJo, LP vs LP.

    75o, SB vs MP.
    KK, AQs, ATs, KJs, 53s SB vs LP.

    J9s, BB vs EP.
    QQ, 96s, 75s, BB vs MP.
    88, 77, A2s, KJs, 98s, AKo, AJo(2), T9o BB vs LP.

    A2o, KQo, QJo, BB vs SB.

    Ranges

    MP vs EP: Only have one hand for this but if he is 3betting KJs (and this is the bottom of his 3bet range) I think it's safe to assume his 3betting range looks something like; TT+,ATs+,KJs+,ATo+,KQo

    LP vs EP: I was a little stuck here because he 3bet w/ J6s. Even though it's only one hand it shows that he can get out of line so how wide a range do we give him? It seems silly to suggest he is 3betting all J6s+, Q6s+ and K6s+ etc so I have narrowed it down to; 77+,A6s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,ATo+,KTo+,QTo+, JTo. This might be a little generous and he might 3bet wider than this - looking for feedback on this in particular.

    Blinds vs EP: Only have one hand so I have no idea how to construct a range here. Especially when the hand he chooses is J9s. Maybe something like; 77+,A2s+,KTs+,QTs+,J9s+,T8s+,97s+,87s,A8o+,KTo+,QT o+,JTo.

    LP vs MP: 77+,A2s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,A8o+,KTo+,Q To+,JTo

    Blinds vs MP: 77+,A2s+,KTs+,QTs+,J9s+,T7s+,97s+,86s+,75s,A8o+,KT o+,QTo+,J9o+,T9o,98o,86o+,75o

    Blinds vs LP: 55+,A2s+,K8s+,Q9s+,J8s+,T7s+,97s+,87s,76s,65s,54s, A2o+,K9o+,QTo+,JTo,T8o+,97o+,86o+,75o+,65o

    His range is super wide and he 3bets from the blinds a crazy amount - his 3BSQ is 15% which is huge. Tried my best to put him on some sort of range but not sure how accurate it is.

    Question: Whem somebody 3bets this amount; how the hell do you put them on a calling range?
    Currently grinding live cash games. Life is good.
  8. #8
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_1878 View Post
    Question: Whem somebody 3bets this amount; how the hell do you put them on a calling range?
    Good work with how you answered this exercise.

    To answer your question: It's tricky and difficult. A lot of trying to approximate the ranges of players will be tricky in this regard, and the goal isn't to be 100% perfect with it. Instead, all of this training in this course is to show you how to practice so that you're right a lot more than you're wrong, because that's what allows you to print money and turn poker into your personal ATM in today's games.
  9. #9
    Villain stats:
    VPIP: 24
    PFR: 15
    AF: 3
    3Bet: 4.2
    ATS: 41

    hands seen: Villain range:

    MP vs EP: AQo, TT, TT, KK, KK, TT, J9s, AQs, KK TT+, AJo+
    LP vs EP: KK, QQ, TT, AA, TT+
    LP vs MP: 99, TT, AKo, 99+, AJo+, AKo
    Blinds vs EP: AA QQ+?
    Blinds vs MP: QQ, AA, AKs, A8o QQ+, AKs
    Blinds vs LP: AJo, AQs, AKo, ATs, 77 77+, ATs+, AJo+
    Blind vs Blind: KK, ATo, 77, A3o, ATs 77+, ATs+, ATo+

    so with a 3bet stat of 4.2 over a pretty big sample - im going to assume that outlier looking stuff like A8o and J9s from MP are situationally dependent. Do these ranges look right?

    Also i suppose this means maybe this guy likes to 3bet SC sometimes? when would be the best time to do that?
  10. #10
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusisness View Post
    when would be the best time to do that?
    That's a loaded question, and I'll refer you to the 3-betting threads in the SSNL forum Digest thread (see the stickies at the top of the page) for more information on that.
  11. #11
    Villain Stats

    VPIP 19 PFR 13 ATS 27 FTS 75 3BET 2.5

    Hands at showdown

    KK Blinds vs EP
    JJ Button vs MP
    QQ MP vs EP
    AA EP vs EP
    AA Blinds vs MP
    KK LP vs EP
    AA MP vs MP
    AK Blinds vs LP
    JJ Blinds vs EP
    KK Blinds vs MP
    KK LP vs MP
    AK MP vs EP
    AA LP vs EP
    QQ Button vs EP
    Ak Blinds vs MP
    AA MP vs MP
    Ak Blinds vs EP
    JJ LP vs MP
    TT Blinds vs Button
    99 Blinds vs Blinds
    AK LP vs EP

    Analysis of the hands i think the ranges from all positions are similar and that the player doesnt change his three betting from position at the table just 3 Bets JJ+, AK. two hands at showdown he had 99 and TT but this seems to just be a situational play and his tendencies are just 3 betting a tight range. Maybe the lower end of his three betting range he folds on the flop or turn if he hasn't hit so we don't see them at showdown but i have a lot of hands with this player so I'm not sure

    Mp vs Ep (JJ+, AK)
    LP vs EP (JJ+, AK)
    Blinds vs EP (JJ+,AK)
    LP vs MP (JJ+,AK)
    Blinds vs MP (JJ+,AK)
    Blinds vs LP (JJ+, AK)
  12. #12
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by doddly10 View Post
    Villain Stats

    VPIP 19 PFR 13 ATS 27 FTS 75 3BET 2.5

    ...

    Analysis of the hands i think the ranges from all positions are similar and that the player doesnt change his three betting from position at the table just 3 Bets JJ+, AK. two hands at showdown he had 99 and TT but this seems to just be a situational play and his tendencies are just 3 betting a tight range. Maybe the lower end of his three betting range he folds on the flop or turn if he hasn't hit so we don't see them at showdown but i have a lot of hands with this player so I'm not sure
    A pattern I want you to see here is how he's 19/13 (VPIP/PFR) and has a low 3-bet percentage of just 2.5 percent. The range {JJ+, AK} is already three percent of starting hands, so his range long-term is obviously going to be pretty tight.

    The reason the 19/13 thing matters is that when we have a gap in those stats that is that large, it typically indicates that the player falls into a category we call "loose/passive." Loose/passive players bluff a lot less than they should if they wanted to be balanced players, and that means you can give a lot of respect to their bets and raises.

    When you follow that line of thinking and look at their super-low 3-bet percentage, then you could really quickly decide that they aren't going to be 3-bet bluffing hardly ever. Your analysis of going through and breaking down all of the hands he 3-bet that you saw go to showdown confirms this.

    The whole point of learning to do this type of analysis is that you can keep doing it over and over again to figure out how different types of players tend to play in different spots (in this case, 3-betting pre-flop). Once you get a feel for it, you can make some pretty accurate estimations like I did in the few paragraphs above without actually needing to see hands he's shown down with. And when you know what the guy has in different situations, then you can play almost perfectly against him.
  13. #13
    OK, I don't have a ton of hands on anybody. I'll post what I can, then try to go through other examples higher up the page and comment.

    1st Villain is 30/24 with 20% 3bet (24/119 opportunities) and 30% attempt to steal.
    1. LP vs. EP: AQ and 5bet shove after opp 4bet
    2. LP vs. LP: A8 check flop, bet t/r TTxxx
    3. SB vs. LP: 66 and 5bet shove after opp 4bet
    4. BB squeeze vs. LP's: ATs, ai on flush draw flop
    5. LP vs. LP: AQ checked behind on 676 flop

    Blinds vs. LP : 66, ATs

    Interesting that he's 3betting 66+. Using inference, let's guess this range (about 18% - I'm assuming he "tightens up" a bit oop):

    66+
    A2s+, A8+
    K9s+, KJ+
    QTs, QJ+
    JTs

    LP vs. LP : AQ, A8

    We have to assume this is his widest 3betting range, so I'm trying fit in a bit more than 20% here:

    66+
    A2+
    KQ, K9s+
    T8s+, 76s+

    This is still only 23%, despite the horrible prospect of having to play K9s, QTs or A2-A6 offsuit in a 3bet pot. Raisy Daisy.

    LP vs. EP : AQ

    This doesn't give much information, except that he seems delightfully unaware he's folding out all the hands he can beat.

    Recap

    This guy 3bets really small, about 2.67xPFR oop, 2.33xPFR ip. His squeeze was just his normal sized 3bet. I suppose that, if you're going to 3bet this wide a range, it's better to keep the price affordable. He's somewhat positionally aware, but he is 3betting an incredibly wide range from pretty much all positions. Unfortunately, he also appears to 4bet/5bet light, too. So he's not easily exploitable with aggression.

    However, if we pick up AA/KK against him, we should bet hard preflop!
  14. #14
    Player 1

    VPIP / PFR / ATS / FBtS / 3bet PF
    23 / 17 / 26 / 70 / 6,6

    MP vs EP = JJ+,ATs+,ATo+ = Range
    LP vs EP = TT+, AK, Q8s, 97s // Range = JJ+,ATs+,AJo+, sometimes mixing in suited connectors and suited Paint-Rags
    Blinds vs EP = AKo, QQ, KK, 99, A7s // Range = AT+, JJ+, sometimes mixing in suited connectors and suited Paint-Rags
    LP vs MP = 99, JJ, QQ, KK, AA, Q8s, KQo, 97s, A7o // Range = 99+, AT+, KQ, sometimes mixing in suited connectors / one gappers and suited Paint-Rags
    Blinds vs MP = AKs, AKo, JJ, A6s // Range = 99+, AT+, KQ, A5s+, sometimes mixing in suited Paint Rags and even unsuited Paint - Rags
    Blinds vs LP = JJ, QQ, KK, AA, KJs, AKo, AQo, JTs, A8/7, 76s, 65s, A2o // Range = 99+, AT+, KQ, A5s+, sometimes mixing in suited Paint Rags and even unsuited Paint - Rags

    Conclusion: Wider 3 bet Range against later positions and when in LP or Blinds
    Seems to really like Aces of any kind and suited connectors / paint cards
    Seems to dislike offsuit cards besides Aces.
  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieohneBert View Post
    Player 1

    VPIP / PFR / ATS / FBtS / 3bet PF
    23 / 17 / 26 / 70 / 6,6

    MP vs EP = JJ+,ATs+,ATo+ = Range
    LP vs EP = TT+, AK, Q8s, 97s // Range = JJ+,ATs+,AJo+, sometimes mixing in suited connectors and suited Paint-Rags
    Blinds vs EP = AKo, QQ, KK, 99, A7s // Range = AT+, JJ+, sometimes mixing in suited connectors and suited Paint-Rags
    LP vs MP = 99, JJ, QQ, KK, AA, Q8s, KQo, 97s, A7o // Range = 99+, AT+, KQ, sometimes mixing in suited connectors / one gappers and suited Paint-Rags
    Blinds vs MP = AKs, AKo, JJ, A6s // Range = 99+, AT+, KQ, A5s+, sometimes mixing in suited Paint Rags and even unsuited Paint - Rags
    Blinds vs LP = JJ, QQ, KK, AA, KJs, AKo, AQo, JTs, A8/7, 76s, 65s, A2o // Range = 99+, AT+, KQ, A5s+, sometimes mixing in suited Paint Rags and even unsuited Paint - Rags

    Conclusion: Wider 3 bet Range against later positions and when in LP or Blinds
    Seems to really like Aces of any kind and suited connectors / paint cards
    Seems to dislike offsuit cards besides Aces.
    with a 3 bet range of 6.6 im going to say its a quite polarized range, three betting light with blockers A and K in the blinds
    the player may be a more fun gambler type playing loose and mixing in three bet bluffs
  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by doddly10 View Post
    with a 3 bet range of 6.6 im going to say its a quite polarized range, three betting light with blockers A and K in the blinds
    the player may be a more fun gambler type playing loose and mixing in three bet bluffs
    I think "fun gambler" might be a bit exaggerated because for that a TOT 3bet stat of 6,6 is a bit tight.
    But youre totally right with the rest: Polarized Range with Strong value part and mixed in bluffs with blockers and SC's.
  17. #17
    Villain 28/23
    VPIP 28 PFR 23 ATS 47 FTS 51 3BET 7.3
    MP vs EP: JJ,AQ,QQ,AK, AJ -> range i think : JJ+,AQ+, some time AJ vs fish on UTG
    LP vs EP: 87s, AJ,TT, JJ,QQ,AA,AK,AQ,KQ,A3s-> range : JJ+,AQ, some time mix Scs+ Axs but rare (when vs who fold alot 3bet)
    BB vs SB:ATo,ATs,AQo,AK,AA,TT,AJs,JJ,K5s.A4s-> range : AT+,TT+, sometime Kxs+, Axs

    SB vs EP: AK,KK -> range: AK,KK+
    BB vs EP: AA,QQ,AK,AQs -> range: QQ+,AK, AQs

    SB vs CO: 44,AQ, TT,JJ,A9s -> range: TT+AQ+, some time small pairs Axs
    SB Vs BTN: ATo, AJ, AQ,QQ,TT,99, KTs, QJs,KJ,A4s,A5s-> range: AJo+,KJo+,KTs,QTs,KJ,88+,A2s-A5s

    BB vs LP:22,55,76s.65s,98s,AK,KK,JJ.AQ,TT,AJ,KQ,KTs,ATo, J6s . range: TT+,AQ+. 65s-98s, 22-66,AJ,KQ,KTs
  18. #18
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by othd13 View Post
    Villain 28/23
    VPIP 28 PFR 23 ATS 47 FTS 51 3BET 7.3
    MP vs EP: JJ,AQ,QQ,AK, AJ -> range i think : JJ+,AQ+, some time AJ vs fish on UTG
    LP vs EP: 87s, AJ,TT, JJ,QQ,AA,AK,AQ,KQ,A3s-> range : JJ+,AQ, some time mix Scs+ Axs but rare (when vs who fold alot 3bet)
    BB vs SB:ATo,ATs,AQo,AK,AA,TT,AJs,JJ,K5s.A4s-> range : AT+,TT+, sometime Kxs+, Axs

    SB vs EP: AK,KK -> range: AK,KK+
    BB vs EP: AA,QQ,AK,AQs -> range: QQ+,AK, AQs

    SB vs CO: 44,AQ, TT,JJ,A9s -> range: TT+AQ+, some time small pairs Axs
    SB Vs BTN: ATo, AJ, AQ,QQ,TT,99, KTs, QJs,KJ,A4s,A5s-> range: AJo+,KJo+,KTs,QTs,KJ,88+,A2s-A5s

    BB vs LP:22,55,76s.65s,98s,AK,KK,JJ.AQ,TT,AJ,KQ,KTs,ATo, J6s . range: TT+,AQ+. 65s-98s, 22-66,AJ,KQ,KTs
    Again this looks good, but I'd like to see you analyze this information a little bit and try to figure out how you think he's thinking about these situations.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •