Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

Most SNGs lost in a row

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    down to 4 people again. i have 1900 in chips, and am sitting in second place atm.

i post big-blind of 150.
    dealt AK

lucky guy raises all-in (900 total)

i call

Flop: 6-Q-9-J-2

i show AKQJ9 - Ace high (AK)
    lucky guy shows QQKJ9 - Pair of queens (KQ)

lucky guy wins doubles up. i have roughy 1000 left. blinds go up to 150/300. i sit on my cards for awhile. i get raised out of my next big blind, so i have 550 in chips left. i get dealt 77, go all in. j10 calls, catches a pair, and i lose. i know i'm playing theoretically SOUND SOLID poker. and yet i keep losing. and i'm losing to bs, which makes me want to keep playing because i know once things start going my way i will start winning again. but this is utter bs. i had to buy back in to pp again.

so frustrating.
    trip 8s on the turn
    i go all in
    douche calls with gutshot str8
    douche receives gutshot str8 on river
    i lose another tourney
    Liter of cola.
    what the fuck. can i sue pp for fraud or something? another tournament lost. my funds down to about $19 now. tell me i didn't play this right.

***** Hand History for Game 3307208846 *****
    NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:18854568 Level:3 Blinds(25/50) - Tuesday, January 03, 02:50:25 EDT 2006
    Table Table 67542 (Real Money)
    Seat 8 is the button
    Total number of players : 7
    Seat 2: Billytk01 ( $2280 )
    Seat 5: Akjoni ( $1075 )
    Seat 6: UltraBosh ( $1520 )
    Seat 7: docjdw619 ( $1210 )
    Seat 8: MiloDlChokya ( $125 )
    Seat 9: johnnyBuz ( $615 )
    Seat 10: mytmo ( $1175 )
    Trny:18854568 Level:3
    Blinds(25/50)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to johnnyBuz [ Js Jd ]
    Billytk01 calls [50].
    Akjoni folds.
    UltraBosh calls [50].
    docjdw619 calls [50].
    MiloDlChokya folds.
    johnnyBuz is all-In [590]
    mytmo folds.
    Billytk01 folds.
    >You have options at Table 66924 Table!.
    UltraBosh folds.
    docjdw619 calls [565].
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 9c, 6d, 3s ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 8h ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 4d ]
    johnnyBuz: wow
    johnnyBuz shows [ Js, Jd ] a pair of jacks.
    docjdw619 shows [ 8c, 8d ] three of a kind, eights.
    docjdw619 wins 1380 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, eights.
    johnnyBuz finished in seventh place.
    bs
    johnnyBuz has left the table.
    The Small Blind left the table. The Dealer button remains in place.
    Liter of cola.
    Johnny - Seriously man, take some time off and just read about poker and study your tournie histories and look for leaks. Read posts here and on other forums. Try and answer other people's questions if you think you've got something to contribute. Read books on poker and study up.

I seriously doubt you're playing optimally under the emotion you're showing through these posts. Even if you think you're going through the right steps, your thinking is most likely tainted.

The fact that you're all twisted up from the results (bad beats) shows that you should step back and learn one VERY important rule about SnGs especially, but it holds for all forms of poker:

The theory is what counts, not the results

What is your immediate response to a couple of bad beats in a row? Is it something like "*curse curse curse* I've gotta get back into another tournie so I can get my money back from these fishies"? If it's *anything* like that, step back and stop playing for a while.

Try this: if you lose three to four in a row, don't play anymore for 24-36 hours. Part of what some wise people consider good bankroll management is only risking 5-10% of your bankroll on a given day. This helps you combat tilt.
    and the bad luck just keeps happening. a few bs hands, one a questionable call on my part? ok and the hand to kick me out. from doing great in the tourney to out in 8th place. this is complete bs. the blinds had just gone up to 50/100. i had $1085 in chips and was begining stage 2, or "blind stealing." this is a summary of the next 4-5 hands that led to my rise and fall, IMO.

***** Hand History for Game 3307504744 *****
    NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:18855909 Level:4 Blinds(50/100)
    Seat 9 is the button
    Total number of players : 8
    Seat 3: Trixxx613 ( $765 )
    Seat 10: ScaredTurtle ( $1765 )
    Seat 6: LeMasters2 ( $460 )
    Seat 4: sunday111 ( $690 )
    Seat 1: bosst44 ( $1840 )
    Seat 9: Puffel ( $600 )
    Seat 7: FlopToRiver ( $795 )
    Seat 8: johnnyBuz ( $1085 )
    Trny:18855909 Level:4
    Blinds(50/100)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to johnnyBuz [ 7s 7c ]
    Trixxx613 folds.
    sunday111 folds.
    LeMasters2 folds.
    FlopToRiver raises [200].
    johnnyBuz raises [300].
    Puffel folds.
    ScaredTurtle folds.
    bosst44 folds.
    FlopToRiver calls [100].
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 3d, 5d, 3s ]
    FlopToRiver checks.
    johnnyBuz bets [495].
    FlopToRiver folds.
    johnnyBuz does not show cards.
    johnnyBuz wins 1245 chips

***** Hand History for Game 3307507512 *****
    NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:18855909 Level:4 Blinds(50/100)
    Seat 1 is the button
    Seat 3: Trixxx613 ( $665 )
    Seat 10: ScaredTurtle ( $1715 )
    Seat 4: sunday111 ( $690 )
    Seat 7: FlopToRiver ( $495 )
    Seat 8: johnnyBuz ( $1535 )
    Blinds(50/100)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to johnnyBuz [ Jc Jh ]
    LeMasters2 folds.
    FlopToRiver folds.
    johnnyBuz raises [300].
    Puffel folds.
    ScaredTurtle folds.
    bosst44 folds.
    Trixxx613 is all-In [615]
    sunday111 folds.
    johnnyBuz calls [365].
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ Ad, 9h, Kh ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ Kc ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 6d ]
    johnnyBuz shows [ Jc, Jh ] two pairs, kings and jacks.
    Trixxx613 shows [ Ac, 5s ] two pairs, aces and kings.
    Trixxx613 wins 1430 chips from the main pot with two pairs, aces and kings.
    johnnyBuz: "wow"
    johnnyBuz: "nice catch"

***** Hand History for Game 3307508558 *****
    NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:18855909 Level:4 Blinds(50/100) -
    Seat 3 is the button
    Seat 3: Trixxx613 ( $1430 )
    Seat 4: sunday111 ( $590 )
    Seat 8: johnnyBuz ( $870 )
    Blinds(50/100)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to johnnyBuz [ Jh Ac ]
    FlopToRiver folds.
    johnnyBuz raises [300].
    Puffel is all-In [600]
    ScaredTurtle folds.
    bosst44 folds.
    Trixxx613 folds.
    sunday111 folds.
    LeMasters2 folds.
    johnnyBuz calls [300].
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ Th, Ts, Qs ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 5d ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 8c ]
    johnnyBuz shows [ Jh, Ac ] a pair of tens.
    Puffel shows [ Qc, Ad ] two pairs, queens and tens.
    Puffel wins 1350 chips from the main pot with two pairs, queens and tens.

^ This one was just my terrible luck. I always get hands like AJ vs AQ or AQ vs AK where I lose. Why is it never the other way around? Ok so after this hand I am pretty much crippled. But it's not over yet.

***** Hand History for Game 3307510491 *****
    NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:18855909 Level:4 Blinds(50/100) -
    Seat 4 is the button
    Seat 6: LeMasters2 ( $360 )
    Seat 4: sunday111 ( $540 )
    Seat 9: Puffel ( $1350 )
    Seat 8: johnnyBuz ( $270 )
    Blinds(50/100)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to johnnyBuz [ Kh Ac ]
    johnnyBuz is all-In [270]
    Puffel folds.
    ScaredTurtle folds.
    bosst44 folds.
    Trixxx613 folds.
    sunday111 folds.
    LeMasters2 folds.
    FlopToRiver calls [170].
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 6c, 5d, 5h ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 9s ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ Kc ]
    johnnyBuz shows [ Kh, Ac ] two pairs, kings and fives.
    FlopToRiver shows [ As, Ks ] two pairs, kings and fives.
    johnnyBuz wins 295 chips from the main pot with two pairs, kings and fives.
    FlopToRiver wins 295 chips from the main pot with two pairs, kings and fives.

***** Hand History for Game 3307512826 *****
    NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:18855909 Level:4 Blinds(50/100) - Tuesday, January 03, 04:42:54 EDT 2006
    Table Table 67221 (Real Money)
    Seat 7 is the button
    Seat 10: ScaredTurtle ( $1195 )
    Seat 6: LeMasters2 ( $310 )
    Seat 4: sunday111 ( $540 )
    Seat 9: Puffel ( $1350 )
    Seat 7: FlopToRiver ( $1140 )
    Seat 8: johnnyBuz ( $195 )
    Blinds(50/100)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to johnnyBuz [ Th As ]
    ScaredTurtle folds.
    bosst44 folds.
    Trixxx613 folds.
    sunday111 folds.
    LeMasters2 raises [225].
    FlopToRiver folds.
    johnnyBuz is all-In [145]
    Puffel folds.
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 2c, Qs, 9s ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 2d ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 8c ]
    johnnyBuz: "wtf"
    LeMasters2 shows [ Qc, Jd ] two pairs, queens and twos.
    johnnyBuz shows [ Th, As ] a pair of twos.
    LeMasters2 wins 30 chips from side pot #1 with two pairs, queens and twos.
    LeMasters2 wins 490 chips from the main pot with two pairs, queens and twos.
    johnnyBuz finished in eighth place.

Maybe I need an objective person to look over this, but I do not feel like I made one bad play in these hands, and yet, I end up going from 1500 in chips to out of the tournament. Lost another $100 tonight to bad beats like this.

I love poker. I want to keep playing. I know I'm playing right. Yet I am losing lots and lots of money. What gives?
    Let's take hand 1 for an example: You re-raised with 77 for half your stack. Horrible idea!! Most of the time, you'll get scary overcards (think paint), or re-raised AI before the flop. At BEST you're on the slightly positive side of a coin flip in most of those.

This illustrates another point you need to grasp: sometimes bad plays can lead to good results and make you think you're just getting bad beaten to the ground when in fact, you're making poor plays. People tend to only post the hands that they lose on, not the ones where they win.

Do you love poker because it's a rush to push the raise button, or do you love it because you want to make money from it? You sound like you love the rush - and for that, you'll pay.

Also on that last hand, keep in mind that you're only a 60/40 favourite - that's not that big of a margin.
    u made something like 3 bad plays there.

this is wat everyone is talking about

how can u sit there and complain about how ur playing perfect and ur still losing blah blah blah blah blah, when u havnt show any hands to us yet, and when u do, it seems like ur playing them wrong.

U are not in the right frame of mind to be playing poker at all. First step, never assume ur playing perfectly. If u cant have an open learning mind u shouldnt be wondering why u arent winning.

and do not flood my forum with ur bad beat posts.
    good god thats wat the bad beat forum is for.

yes im being mean.
    im trying to kick u in the right direction.

STOP posting hands u get knocked out on when u KNOW ur ahead. that tells us NOTHING. Im POSITIVE ur leaking chips in ALOT of OTHER PLACES.
    Well tell me, based on those hands I posted, what you would have did differently. The only mistake I see is possibly calling the 600-all in. I had 300 in there already, it was 300 more, which I guess in hindsight crippled me afterwards. It would have been easier to come back with 500 then with 200. Ok so maybe that was bad. The situation was a coinflip at best. I thought he had a lower pocket pair.

And lowboy, what are you talking about? The first hand, are you talking about the 77 one? I bet 30% of my stack pre-flop, not 50%. The flop comes 3-5-3. His raise told me he was probably holding some overcards, but not the best. KQ, KJ, AJ. I have an overpair on the flop, and I bet the ammount of chips he had remaining. He folds. How is that a bad play?

The next play I am dealt [J,J]. Once again, I raise 300 to hopefully A) Steal the blinds, or B) Isolate down to 1 where I have a pretty good advantage pre-flop. I bet 300. I am raised by someone who goes all-in for 615, I call the 315 more to potentially win 1365 to bring my total to 2235. I would have been chip-leader by about 500 and could have coasted for awhile. He went all-in with ACE 5 though. He was a 75% underdog to lose. Once again, how is this a bad play? I don't see what I did wrong there.

The AJ vs. AQ hand I can see was a mistake. If I folded, I still would have had 500 in chips and could have tried to steal another set of blinds, been up around 650, and would have to steal some more or double up pretty soon.

The hand after this was just more frustration. I didn't have a made hand, but 60/40, I hope, I would win sometimes. When I consistently lose no matter the advantage I have, it just smells of BS.

VGC, could you give me some tips here? I don't know what the other 2 bad plays were besides the AJ call. What was wrong with the [7,7] and [J,J] hands?

I used to leak chips on Level 1 blinds. I would play most suited cards for 15 just to see the flop and catch a draw. I stopped doing that. - Problem fixed.

I used to leak chips on Level 1 blinds playing mediocre hands up to 30-45 chips. KQ, KJ, A10, etc. I stopped doing that. - Problem fixed.

The only other times I know I leak chips are on probe bets. If I catch a piece of the flop, and there is 3 people in a hand, well I play it different each time. Sometimes I check mid-pair, sometimes I raise. If I check and am raised, I will usually fold unless on a draw. If I raise and am called, I usually fire another round after the turn to see if they have TP or were on a draw or just looking for another card. Sometimes they call, often they fold. I've only fired another round once on the river where I was pretty sure I was beat, and he ended up folding. I've read articles though that say it's much harder firing 2 rounds of betting, but if you do it consistently, it pays off more then you lose. So I don't think I leak chips very often, atleast not many. I make sure never to go below 600 if I can help it. If I'm around 600, I just tighten up completely, wait for the blinds to go up so it's worth stealing, and wait for a good hand to double up on.

So any more advice would be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by lowBoy
    Let's take hand 1 for an example: You re-raised with 77 for half your stack. Horrible idea!! Most of the time, you'll get scary overcards (think paint), or re-raised AI before the flop. At BEST you're on the slightly positive side of a coin flip in most of those.

This illustrates another point you need to grasp: sometimes bad plays can lead to good results and make you think you're just getting bad beaten to the ground when in fact, you're making poor plays. People tend to only post the hands that they lose on, not the ones where they win.

Do you love poker because it's a rush to push the raise button, or do you love it because you want to make money from it? You sound like you love the rush - and for that, you'll pay.

Also on that last hand, keep in mind that you're only a 60/40 favourite - that's not that big of a margin.
    Liter of cola.
    And with this hand I am done playing poker for awhile. If he caught the Ace, I would have been marginally mad. I was a 75% favorite over the A10. I don't know how you factor the odds with a 3rd player with a PP [5,5]. He has a 13% (I think) chance to catch trips. So all in all, I am like 60% to win this hand? But he doesn't catch an Ace. He catches TRIPS, on the RIVER no less.

By the way, checking my statistics over the past 2 days, I was seeing the flop at the least, 17% of the time, and at most, 23% of the time. I am not a "tight" player, nor am I a "loose" player. I like to see around 30-32% of flops, but in a tournament I tighten up a little. But I was getting absolute jack shit for hands. 17% is too tight IMO, but when you can't get cards, what else are you suposed to do? Anyway, this was a statistical probability for me to triple-up. But do you really think that would happen?

Edit:* Ok. Were these two people retarded? Rchmondsfinest goes all-in with [5,5]. Gsc818 calls two all-in bets with [A,10] to try to protect his 300 bet, or is he just an idiot? How is it possible to win at online poker when people make terrible plays.

***** Hand History for Game 3307607115 *****
    NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:18856361 Level:4 Blinds(50/100)
    Seat 9 is the button
    Seat 1: Puffel ( $610 )
    Seat 3: Rchmndfinest ( $1785 )
    Seat 4: clinttanner ( $800 )
    Seat 5: DeadFish35 ( $1120 )
    Seat 6: rchae73 ( $560 )
    Seat 9: Closure017 ( $1055 )
    Seat 7: gsc818 ( $1560 )
    Seat 8: johnnyBuz ( $510 )
    Trny:18856361 Level:4
    Blinds(50/100)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to johnnyBuz [ Jc Jd ]
    clinttanner folds.
    DeadFish35 folds.
    rchae73 folds.
    gsc818 raises [350].
    johnnyBuz is all-In [510]
    Closure017 folds.
    Puffel folds.
    Rchmndfinest is all-In [1685]
    gsc818 is all-In [1210]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ Kh, 7s, Tc ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ Qs ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ Ts ]
    gsc818 shows [ Td, Ad ] three of a kind, tens.
    johnnyBuz shows [ Jc, Jd ] two pairs, jacks and tens.
    Rchmndfinest shows [ 5d, 5c ] two pairs, tens and fives.
    Rchmndfinest wins 225 chips from side pot #2 with two pairs, tens and fives.
    gsc818 wins 2100 chips from side pot #1 with three of a kind, tens.
    gsc818 wins 1580 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, tens.
    johnnyBuz finished in eighth place.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyBuz
    And lowboy, what are you talking about? The first hand, are you talking about the 77 one? I bet 30% of my stack pre-flop, not 50%.
    My bad - it was late when I was posting this.

Min-re-raising with 77 is a bad play as well. You're dumping more of your chips into a marginal flop situation (paint on flop). There's a 70% chance of a J-A hitting the board on the flop alone, which should scare the shit out of you and your 77. http://www.flopturnriver.com/essays_pairs.html

Also keep in mind that many players play 88-TT with a minraise and a call, and even JJ-AA if they're trapping. You and any other PP got a dream flop here (only happens 8% of the time). What if he led out for 300 chips on that same flop? Are you so sure he's on two high cards and not a PP? I wouldn't be. You're leaving yourself a potentially very tough decision on the flop.

And with this hand I am done playing poker for awhile
    Good. You should work on your whole approach to the game before returning.

Yes, your last posted hand here is a bad beat, and you played it fine. But like vqc said, there's probably many other areas that you're leaking from - not just on probe bets. We're only getting part of the story. Get your head out of your ass and consider that you've got a lot to learn. The best players I've talked to all consider themselves still students of the game. I know I am. Thinking you're playing perfectly is just wishful thinking and your opponents are better off for it.
    Keep in mind that you will go through stretches of dry cards, bad beats, etc. Then there will be days where you go in as an underdog (77 vs AA)and suck out on everyone, and they'll be saying the same thing you are - why do I lose when I'm so far ahead.

These are still random cards and sometimes they're with you and sometimes against you. Even the best players in the world go through stretches where they just can't win. Ask Dan Negreanu. His whole year pretty much sucked in '05. Be glad you're only down a couple of hundred... Take a break and let the cards cool off...
    Quote Originally Posted by lowBoy
    Min-re-raising with 77 is a bad play as well. You're dumping more of your chips into a marginal flop situation (paint on flop). There's a 70% chance of a J-A hitting the board on the flop alone, which should scare the shit out of you and your 77. http://www.flopturnriver.com/essays_pairs.html

Also keep in mind that many players play 88-TT with a minraise and a call, and even JJ-AA if they're trapping. You and any other PP got a dream flop here (only happens 8% of the time). What if he led out for 300 chips on that same flop? Are you so sure he's on two high cards and not a PP? I wouldn't be. You're leaving yourself a potentially very tough decision on the flop.
    Yah, that's a good point about the PP. But the fact that he checked it to me after the flop led me to believe had just had overcards. 3d-5d-3s is not a flop he would want to see IMO. Especially with the flush draw. He checks it to me. I have, what I believe is the best hand atm. What am I supposed to do? Check and give him a free card and a 20% chance to hit his overpair? That's just asking to be sucked out.
    Come on already.

***** Hand History for Game 3309517039 *****
    NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:18866281 Level:4 Blinds(50/100) - Tuesday, January 03, 17:24:22 EDT 2006
    Table Table 67484 (Real Money)
    Seat 10 is the button
    Total number of players : 9
    Seat 3: McIntven ( $1138 )
    Seat 6: phattyraise ( $1137 )
    Seat 9: KevinTeal ( $540 )
    Seat 1: The_unsub ( $242 )
    Seat 5: yaRd_biRd12 ( $2480 )
    Seat 10: Win2walkaway ( $375 )
    Seat 4: Stinkerbell9 ( $665 )
    Seat 2: Gunit420333 ( $728 )
    Seat 7: johnnyBuz ( $795 )
    Trny:18866281 Level:4
    Blinds(50/100)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to johnnyBuz [ Ad Qd ]
    McIntven folds.
    >You have options at Table 66961 Table!.
    Stinkerbell9 is all-In [665]
    yaRd_biRd12 folds.
    phattyraise folds.
    johnnyBuz calls [665].
    KevinTeal folds.
    Win2walkaway folds.
    The_unsub folds.
    Gunit420333 folds.
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 8s, 7c, 7h ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ Jc ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 4d ]
    Stinkerbell9 shows [ Qc, Jd ] two pairs, jacks and sevens.
    johnnyBuz shows [ Ad, Qd ] a pair of sevens.
    Stinkerbell9 wins 1480 chips from the main pot with two pairs, jacks and sevens.
    started getting blinded out. continuation of getting no cards. i was smal blind. had to go all in here. based on my previous posts, take a guess what happens.

***** Hand History for Game 3309573476 *****
    NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:18866288 Level:7 Blinds(150/300) - Tuesday, January 03, 17:36:00 EDT 2006
    Table Table 66961 (Real Money)
    Seat 5 is the button
    Total number of players : 4
    Seat 5: potl3ss ( $1290 )
    Seat 1: PokerSword ( $5745 )
    Seat 4: dawgmannnn ( $530 )
    Seat 9: johnnyBuz ( $435 )
    Trny:18866288 Level:7
    Blinds(150/300)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to johnnyBuz [ Ah 2d ]
    PokerSword: thats wat u get
    dawgmannnn folds.
    potl3ss folds.
    johnnyBuz is all-In [285]
    PokerSword: when u go allin
    PokerSword calls [135].
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ Ad, Qc, Kd ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ Jh ]
    johnnyBuz: with the better hand?
    ** Dealing River ** [ 9c ]
    johnnyBuz shows [ Ah, 2d ] a pair of aces.
    PokerSword shows [ Tc, 7d ] a straight, ten to ace.
    PokerSword wins 870 chips from the main pot with a straight, ten to ace.
    johnnyBuz finished in fourth place.
    PokerSword: hahaha
    PokerSword: next bitch
    Liter of cola.
    Uh, you cannot complain about that last hand.
    He has an automatic call with any two, and you are only a 3:2 favorite.

We have a bad beat forum. I suggest you frequent it, assuming venting about everyday occurances makes you feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenbitz
    Uh, you cannot complain about that last hand.
    He has an automatic call with any two, and you are only a 3:2 favorite.

We have a bad beat forum. I suggest you frequent it, assuming venting about everyday occurances makes you feel better.
    the last one doesn't hurt as much as the others. just the fact that AKQJ comes out and he just so happens to be holding a 10?

this one hurt pretty hard though. started another tourney. 3rd hand in I get dealt [A,A]. I haven't seen [A,A] in the last 48 hours, approximitely 3500 hands.

blinds at 15-30. 4 call before me. I raise to 90. I am reraised all in. what is the obvious decision? Call.

I call.

Flop: Qc-5c-Jc-7h-2d

I show: AA
    He shows: 555

there comes a point where you realize there is absolutely nothing you can do. i have reached that point. poker is too expensive to play right now so after this last 50 dries out in about 10 minutes, im done till i head back to college and get my job back. did you see the AdQd one? How much is AQs a favorite over QJo?

FUCK ME
    and this one. i'm big blind.

***** Hand History for Game 3309688513 *****
    NL Texas Hold'em $5 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:18867705 Level:2 Blinds(15/30) - Tuesday, January 03, 17:58:43 EDT 2006
    Table Table 68045 (Real Money)
    Seat 10 is the button
    Total number of players : 7
    Seat 6: united05 ( $925 )
    Seat 3: Mactullster ( $500 )
    Seat 7: kodiak43351 ( $830 )
    Seat 9: bionicape ( $3020 )
    Seat 10: LuckyInc ( $1363 )
    Seat 1: ppdoggy ( $565 )
    Seat 2: johnnyBuz ( $797 )
    Trny:18867705 Level:2
    Blinds(15/30)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to johnnyBuz [ 7h Td ]
    Mactullster calls [30].
    united05 folds.
    kodiak43351 calls [30].
    bionicape calls [30].
    LuckyInc folds.
    ppdoggy calls [15].
    johnnyBuz checks.
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 4c, 7c, Th ]
    ppdoggy checks.
    johnnyBuz bets [75].
    Mactullster folds.
    kodiak43351 folds.
    >You have options at Table 68042 Table!.
    bionicape raises [700].
    ppdoggy folds.
    johnnyBuz is all-In [692]
    bionicape calls [67].
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 4s ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 9c]
    bionicape shows [ Jc, Tc ] a flush, jack high.
    johnnyBuz shows [ 7h, Td ] two pairs, tens and sevens.
    bionicape wins 1684 chips from the main pot with a flush, jack high.
    johnnyBuz finished in seventh place.
    Liter of cola.
    That last hand wasn't a bad beat, but a coinflip:

Board: 4c 7c Th
    Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
    Hand 1: 46.0101 % 45.76% 00.25% { JcTc }
    Hand 2: 53.9899 % 53.74% 00.25% { Td7h }

---

But seriously, just brush off the bad beats and don't let them affect you.

Variance is a part of poker, just keep on trucking and eventually if you're playing right, the profits will roll in.
    If you saw 3500 hands in the last 48 hours, no wonder you're tilting. damn, dude - take a break. And stop posting bad beats here. You probably have just as many hands where you sucked out on someone but you're attributing that to good play.

TAKE A BREAK!!!
    E-FUCKING-NOUGH ALREADY.

***** Hand History for Game 3309779307 *****
    NL Texas Hold'em $5 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:18867690 Level:4 Blinds(50/100) - Tuesday, January 03, 18:16:23 EDT 2006
    Table Table 68042 (Real Money)
    Seat 1 is the button
    Total number of players : 6
    Seat 1: RPplumbing ( $866 )
    Seat 4: dragonmpls82 ( $1187 )
    Seat 5: Dasmugler ( $2757 )
    Seat 6: Coubs ( $2180 )
    Seat 7: kraziekat26 ( $410 )
    Seat 8: johnnyBuz ( $600 )
    Trny:18867690 Level:4
    Blinds(50/100)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to johnnyBuz [ Jh Ah ]
    Coubs calls [100].
    kraziekat26 folds.
    johnnyBuz is all-In [600]
    RPplumbing folds.
    dragonmpls82 folds.
    Dasmugler folds.
    Coubs calls [500].
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 2d, 7s, 8s ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ Qs ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 9s ]
    Coubs shows [ As, 7d ] a flush, ace high.
    johnnyBuz shows [ Jh, Ah ] high card ace.
    Coubs wins 1350 chips from the main pot with a flush, ace high.
    johnnyBuz finished in sixth place.

it's not good enough for him to beat me with his dominated hand lower pair. he has to catch a fucking flush, holding only 1 of the flush cards. jesus christ.
    Liter of cola.
    Quote Originally Posted by konahead
    If you saw 3500 hands in the last 48 hours, no wonder you're tilting. damn, dude - take a break. And stop posting bad beats here. You probably have just as many hands where you sucked out on someone but you're attributing that to good play.

TAKE A BREAK!!!
    no that's my point kona. i havn't made the money in a $10+1 SnG in about 26 tries now. these hands are knocking me out of EVERY FUCKING TOURNEY I PLAY IN! i'm not an idiot. i know when I suck somebody out. it just doesn't happen very often. i feel like i have a pretty good read of when im beaten, but if i don't, i usually lose the hand. you need luck to suck people out. and i have no luck.

and the people i am playing against are retarded. look at my last one. AJs is called by a guy holding A7o because he wants to protect his 100 blind and he has the chip stack to do it? His hand was dominated. He catches a flush holding 1 card.

In the last 48 hours I know I layed 3 bad beats on people total. And none of them were me being all-in. They were for shitty 100-200 pots. 90% of the time I have been all-in and called, I have lost. I would say I had the best hand 80-85% of the time.

i don't know what to do. do i have to play 20,000,000 hands for the poker "averages' to finally start going my way?
    Liter of cola.
    oh come on. So-called "dominated" matchups like this lose all the time.
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by nogenius
    That last hand wasn't a bad beat, but a coinflip:

Board: 4c 7c Th
    Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
    Hand 1: 46.0101 % 45.76% 00.25% { JcTc }
    Hand 2: 53.9899 % 53.74% 00.25% { Td7h }

But seriously, just brush off the bad beats and don't let them affect you.

Variance is a part of poker, just keep on trucking and eventually if you're playing right, the profits will roll in.
    I see. Well that makes more sense I guess. I didn't realize he had that many outs. I was thinking, all the clubs, and and jack would give him like 40%.
    Liter of cola.
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib
    oh come on. So-called "dominated" matchups like this lose all the time.
    I know. I'm not complaining about an occasional bad beat here. I'm flat out bitching about bad beats on EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY HANDS, except for the 10-7 which I found out was a slightly favored coinflip in my favor. Thanks for pointing that out!
    Liter of cola.
    Even if he didnt hit the flush, his pair of 7s had you beat.

don't know what to tell you that I havent already said. Sometimes the cards are cruel and when that happens, you take a break for a few days. Let the cards "reset" and you will be fine.

In a different post about pocket 2s, you said you believe in a "feeling" you should play a hand. Well, don't you have the "feeling" you should take a break?
    Quote Originally Posted by vqc
    and do not flood my forum with ur bad beat posts.
    good god thats wat the bad beat forum is for.
    one more time.

one more of these useless posts and someones going to get hurt.
    STOP IT.

u will never win at poker if all u do is post bad beat posts.

don't know what to tell you that I havent already said. Sometimes the cards are cruel and when that happens, you take a break for a few days. Let the cards "reset" and you will be fine.

In a different post about pocket 2s, you said you believe in a "feeling" you should play a hand. Well, don't you have the "feeling" you should take a break?
    I was joking around like... it wasn't bad enough that his 7s already had me beat, but PP had to give him a flush just to put salt on the wound. I have off for college break for another 3 weeks, so whenever this money runs out I'm just going to take a break for a few weeks and possibly pick it up when I get back up to college. I'm using the hand simulator now to see what my odds actually were for all these hands.

Preflop:
    cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
    Kc Qc 1143541 66.78 558082 32.59 10681 0.62 0.671
    8s Td 558082 32.59 1143541 66.78 10681 0.62 0.329

Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing 9s Qd Qh
    Kc Qc 850 85.86 140 14.14 0 0.00 0.859
    8s Td 140 14.14 850 85.86 0 0.00 0.141

Nearly 86% favorite after the flop. All-in. - Lost

Holdem Hi: 1712304 enumerated boards
    Kd Kh 1364328 79.68 343300 20.05 4676 0.27 0.798
    7s 7c 343300 20.05 1364328 79.68 4676 0.27 0.202

80% favorite pre-flop. All-in. - Lost

Ad Kh 1158139 67.64 546566 31.92 7599 0.44 0.679
    Qs 3c 546566 31.92 1158139 67.64 7599 0.44 0.321

68% favorite pre-flop. All-in. - Lost

Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing Ks 8c Ad
    8d 8h 838 84.65 152 15.35 0 0.00 0.846
    Js Tc 152 15.35 838 84.65 0 0.00 0.154

85% favorite after the flop. All-in. - Lost

Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing Ks 8c Ad
    8d 8h 838 84.65 152 15.35 0 0.00 0.846
    Js Tc 152 15.35 838 84.65 0 0.00 0.154

85% favorite preflop. All-in. - Lost

Holdem Hi: 1370754 enumerated boards
    Js Jc 882491 64.38 485209 35.40 3054 0.22 0.645
    5c 5d 111781 8.15 1220260 89.02 38713 2.82 0.095
    Ad 5h 337769 24.64 994272 72.53 38713 2.82 0.260

64% favorite preflop. All-in. - Lost

Ad Th 1001738 58.50 704431 41.14 6135 0.36 0.587
    Js Qc 704431 41.14 1001738 58.50 6135 0.36 0.413

58.5% favorite pre-flop. All-in. - Lost

Ad Qd 1249740 72.99 436394 25.49 26170 1.53 0.738
    Qc Jd 436394 25.49 1249740 72.99 26170 1.53 0.262

73% favorite preflop. All-in. - Lost

2d Ah 959621 56.04 744985 43.51 7698 0.45 0.563
    Tc 7d 744985 43.51 959621 56.04 7698 0.45 0.437

56% preflop. this one wasn't a big deal. All-in. - Lost

Ad Ah 1381517 80.68 323705 18.90 7082 0.41 0.809
    5c 5d 323705 18.90 1381517 80.68 7082 0.41 0.191

80-81% favorite preflop. All-in. - lost

Ah Jh 1200601 70.12 383577 22.40 128126 7.48 0.739
    As 7d 383577 22.40 1200601 70.12 128126 7.48 0.261

70% favorite preflop. All-in. - Lost

Edit:* VGC, done with the posts here. I guess I'll enter the "learning" phase and just start reading tons of posts and articles here.
    Liter of cola.

Edit:* VGC, done with the posts here. I guess I'll enter the "learning" phase and just start reading tons of posts and articles here.
    thank u
    i really couldnt resist this last one.

***** Hand History for Game 3312783587 *****
    NL Texas Hold'em $5 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:18884574 Level:4 Blinds(50/100) - Wednesday, January 04, 03:41:49 EDT 2006
    Table Table 67377 (Real Money)
    Seat 9 is the button
    Total number of players : 4
    Seat 4: aboas ( $705 )
    Seat 5: stephendace ( $2445 )
    Seat 9: johnnyBuz ( $595 )
    Seat 10: Marjacqs ( $4255 )
    Trny:18884574 Level:4
    Blinds(50/100)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to johnnyBuz [ Qc Qd ]
    >You have options at Table 67029 Table!.
    stephendace raises [250].
    johnnyBuz is all-In [595]
    Marjacqs folds.
    aboas folds.
    stephendace calls [345].
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 6s, 7h, 6h ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ Ad ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 7d ]
    stephendace shows [ 6c, 5c ] a full house, Sixes full of sevens.
    johnnyBuz shows [ Qc, Qd ] two pairs, queens and sevens.
    stephendace wins 1340 chips from the main pot with a full house, Sixes full of sevens.
    johnnyBuz finished in fourth place.
    wow
    Liter of cola.
    I think you should leave pp and move somewhere with deeper starting stacks. just a thought.
    Success is how high you bounce after hitting bottom.

IslandGrinder
    Dude, STFU already. I just lost $75 in a ring to someone with AJ when I have KQ and the flop is J109 and he hits runner-runner quads. I swear I must run into AA or quads every freaking hand in ring (the next hand, I lost $50 on KK vs. AA).

I just got knocked out of an SnG when I flopped K 4 5, two spades, with As Kh and he goes all in with AJ (no real draw), turn 10s and river Q d.

for some reason AJ is like my SATAN.
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib
    Dude, STFU already. I just lost $75 in a ring to someone with AJ when I have KQ and the flop is J109 and he hits runner-runner quads. I swear I must run into AA or quads every freaking hand in ring (the next hand, I lost $50 on KK vs. AA).

I just got knocked out of an SnG when I flopped K 4 5, two spades, with As Kh and he goes all in with AJ (no real draw), turn 10s and river Q d.

for some reason AJ is like my SATAN.
    That's why I stopped playing ring games at 25NL for awhile. Too many bad beats for your whole stack.
    Liter of cola.
    PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!#!#!@#! I JUST WON A FUCKING $10+1 SnG!@#@#!$!@$!!!

i played 2 simultaneously. finished first in the one and i went all-in with AJs in the other in 4th place with 150/300 blinds, 1 caller, 750 in the pot. big blind called me with A10 and caught a 10 for the win. fuckkkk.

still hurts but its nice to win one of my last 28 though.
    Liter of cola.
    Another $10+1 SnG won!

Chip leader in another with 6 left
    Liter of cola.
    stop posting in this thread.

the next post in here from you that isnt a post about the most SNGs uv lost in a row will get u my fury.

DONT EVEN REPLY TO THIS POST.

post ur stuff in tales of poker or the bad beat forum.

DONT EVEN REPLY TO THIS POST.
    seems like you should just lock this thread, vqc. it's getting long and drawn-out anyway..... just a thought.
    I once watched a friend drink a communal fingerbowl after a night of wings for $10.
    {thread locked}
    if someone in the future wants it to be unlocked and has a good reason for it ot be unlocked, then PM me.