Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

min 50bb talbes on stars?

Default min 50bb talbes on stars?

I ended up at one of these tonight they only have a couple per limit. I liked that the min buy in was higher, but my hud didn't work at this table. Anybody else find this?
    What limits do they have these at? I hate short stacks(even tho I should learn to play em)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhappy333
    I didn't think its Bold to bang some chick with my bro. but i guess so... thats +EV in my book.
    edit: thought it was max 50bb.
    Quote Originally Posted by EzDuzIt
    why would you wanna play in these? obv all the players should suck but still.
    Why would the players suck?

It's min. 50bb not max. 50bb.

And he'd want to play in them because there are no shortstacks.
    short stacks deserve an entirely new level of hell, besides those described by dante

but a table with a bigger min buyin would only be of use to me if i could buy in for like 200BB+

this will be one sharkinfested pool however, i think
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    its sucks that HUD's dont work on them yet, and they may not fix that in an update until the new version of AceHud comes out for PT3.

As for the tables, i think its kinda dumb below like 400nl because 99% of the shortstackers in the micro/small stakes arent good, profitable shortstackers. There just bad and looking to give away a free 40bbs
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    I'd guess that these tables are an awesome place to (LOL) shortstack with 50BBs
    Quote Originally Posted by bode
    As for the tables, i think its kinda dumb below like 400nl because 99% of the shortstackers in the micro/small stakes arent good, profitable shortstackers. There just bad and looking to give away a free 40bbs

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer
    short stacks deserve an entirely new level of hell
    most shortstackers are terrible and give us money. why the hate?

Because people still live in a results oriented world and can only remember the bad.

Learn to love the variance, it is profitable.
    if u play lower stakes, as others have pointed out, this obviously isnt going to be much of an advantage for u. but when u get up to 400/600NL it becomes HUGE. i really hope PS implements this as a constant, it will be a big step in the right direction and help to save me a ton of money in the long run im sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by UG
    short stacks deserve an entirely new level of hell
    most shortstackers are terrible and give us money. why the hate?
    most shortstacks are expert ratholers though, with additional skills for going south

this maddens me beyond belief

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!

most shortstacks are expert ratholers though, with additional skills for going south

The point of poker is to take someones money, how you do it doesn't matter.

Poker is a game of lies, misinformation, bluffing, betting, and bullshit. It isn't about being fair, there isn't a guy in a stripped shirt holding a whistle make sure you don't foul someone. If you want fair and just go play on an 8 year old little league baseball team, they quit keeping score so that nobody is a loser.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike4066

The point of poker is to take someones money, how you do it doesn't matter.

Poker is a game of lies, misinformation, bluffing, betting, and bullshit. It isn't about being fair, there isn't a guy in a stripped shirt holding a whistle make sure you don't foul someone. If you want fair and just go play on an 8 year old little league baseball team, they quit keeping score so that nobody is a loser.
    be blessed

i wish you luck

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    They really mess up the game flow and limit how you can play with them sitting around you. I don't mind that they are usually bad but every time they hit and run me I get super pissed. These tables are good because it forces them to buy in for a little more which i think most of them will. Its bad if my hud doesn't work though.
    You guys dont understand how annoying it is when you want to play 46/40 and some dumbass ratholer shoves on you every two seconds.
    Check out the new blog!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaSkinsFan
    You guys dont understand how annoying it is when you want to play 46/40 and some xprt ratholer shoves on you every two seconds.

but yea shortstacks are a lower life form and thank you lee for these tables
    My bankroll is the amount of money I would spend or lose before I got a job. It is calculated by adding my net worth to whatever I can borrow.
    These posts crack me up. Shortackers suck DIAGF, Full stacks RULE!

Get over yourselves and learn to adapt. Think outside of your little box and realize that you need to adapt to everyone at the table. Sure the short stackers mess up the flow to your 16 table 100BB grinding. Good for them, its not your sandbox you don't make the rules.

I used to hate short stacking rat hole bastards too, then i realized that I was playing poorly against them and adapted. Then I found that the tag 22/18 regulars were giving me fits, so I adapted.

Most of them aren't winning players in the long run and riding short term variance.
    A good number of them are sitting with their entire roll looking to gamble it up.

Don't expect to change people, if you want something to change, then change what you can control.

Besides the deeper the stacks get the more edge the great players have and the faster the donks go broke. Eventually you'll end up with all the same regulars passing the same $ back and forth.
    There is a reg on stars called Alphafoil who 20bbs. TERRIBLY. I cant imagine why you would not want his free money on the table.

I can, however, understand why you wouldnt want *me* at your table. ;]
    <Staxalax> Honestly, #flopturnriver is the one thing that has improved my game the most.
    Directions to join the #flopturnriver Internet Relay Chat - Come chat with us!
    Besides the deeper the stacks get the more edge the great players have and the faster the donks go broke. Eventually you'll end up with all the same regulars passing the same $ back and forth.
    this is actually like 100% contradictory.
    and its that goddamn shortstacker curtains that got my chat banned on stars, there will just never be a soft place in my heart for ratholers
    glad to see i'm not alone

so back to my point

short stacks deserve an entirely new level of hell, besides those described by dante

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall28
    and its that goddamn shortstacker curtains that got my chat banned on stars, there will just never be a soft place in my heart for ratholers
    lol I think I'm well on my way to this as well thanks to a rat holler named jetdryver.
    ive been trying to say for a while, we need to find a way to take the shortstackers out of commission. and i def dont mean this lightly .. in any way...
    hehe... I can agree to an extent I'm a 40BB'er but I rathole.

I admit it, i don't care about burning in the 6.5th level of hell, i'll just stack the chips move on and pay my bills.
    Quote Originally Posted by meeloche
    They really mess up the game flow and limit how you can play with them sitting around you. I don't mind that they are usually bad but every time they hit and run me I get super pissed. These tables are good because it forces them to buy in for a little more which i think most of them will. Its bad if my hud doesn't work though.
    I dont know why you think that if you cant beat me with 40bb stacks, you can beat me with 50bb stacks ;]
    lol not what I meant. Its not that I can't beat them it forces me to play tighter which i don't like. As an example aggro button reg opens from the button I'm in the sb, rattollers in the bb. I'd love to 3 bet a wide range here however I can't do that because if rattoler shoves depending on his stack I'm almost committed to calling a shove preflop which I don't want to do.

There is also a big difference between a 20bb stack and a 50bb stack.
    yea, the majority of the complaints about short stacks aren't teh guys wiht 40BB's its the 20bb guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphoricism
    There is a reg on stars called Alphafoil who 20bbs. TERRIBLY. I cant imagine why you would not want his free money on the table.
    It's weird because he was a good regular at 2/4 and 1/2 full ring a few months ago. No idea what happened.

And yes, shortstackers should die. Although my nittiness defends against their tactics pretty well I must say.
    Actually, these min 50bb tables are probably the perfect place to buy in for 50bb. We know that all our opponents will, more than likely, be fullstacked. We also know that they will suck at playing against shortstacks.

Sold, thanks doods.
    <Staxalax> Honestly, #flopturnriver is the one thing that has improved my game the most.
    Force the fish to sit with more money, that cant be bad, right?
    I hate shortstackers. I would kill them all. They ruin the game, because you can't isolate a deepstacked fish and stuff like that. Even if they are terrible, your edge is not that big against them as it is against a full stack. Also, when you get at 5/10, there are A LOT of them and I just go into a serial killer mode when the table fills with like 4 shorties. Sure, they are easily exploitable, but you still don't win much from them and they cause you to not win as much as you could against full stacks.

This is a cash game, if these idiots want to play push or fold preflop, play donkaments! I am here to play poker.

I am steaming just from talking about shorties and I am not even playing, lol.
    The secret to success in poker is to rig the odds in your favor.
    Damn i may become a 20BB ratholer just for the irritation factor

Hell I'll even post the hands on here
    mike, go to prima network, u can shortstack for 10bb
    we need to take the flop, turn and river out of the game

lets make a new game

lets play "who gets the best starting hand", and hand him or her the small blind and the big blind

that'll be loads of fun

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    mike, go to prima network, u can shortstack for 10bb
    Oh now thats just silly, I need 14.75 BB's to be an effective irritant.
    we need to take the flop, turn and river out of the game

lets make a new game

lets play "who gets the best starting hand", and hand him or her the small blind and the big blind

that'll be loads of fun
    Its called Paigow
    Actually, these min 50bb tables are probably the perfect place to buy in for 50bb. We know that all our opponents will, more than likely, be fullstacked. We also know that they will suck at playing against shortstacks.

Sold, thanks doods.
    yeah you're absolutely right.
    played some 50min tables today. They were, as expected, full of rocks who are afraid of playing poker and just want to nutcamp. Id say once every two orbits we got a flop.

So yeah, its great for me.
    I have absolutely no issue with people short stacking. Try learning how to play 2nl when everyone around you is buyin in for 4 bbs. Yep, FOUR BIG BLINDS! It's gives you practice in patience that's for sure.

I never buy in short. I used to buy in over but I've stopped that practice, however I don't top up anymore. This means if I complete spew 3/4 of my stack away then I'm playing short until I either get it back up or busto and rebuy for full.

However on the concept of going south, now THAT I don't like. There's a difference in winning a big pot and leaving the table completely and winning, leaving only to return to the same table with the amount you started with (internet version of taking some off the table). It's the latter which disgusts me. Ethics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I have absolutely no issue with people short stacking. Try learning how to play 2nl when everyone around you is buyin in for 4 bbs. Yep, FOUR BIG BLINDS! It's gives you practice in patience that's for sure.

I never buy in short. I used to buy in over but I've stopped that practice, however I don't top up anymore. This means if I complete spew 3/4 of my stack away then I'm playing short until I either get it back up or busto and rebuy for full.

However on the concept of going south, now THAT I don't like. There's a difference in winning a big pot and leaving the table completely and winning, leaving only to return to the same table with the amount you started with (internet version of taking some off the table). It's the latter which disgusts me. Ethics.

There is no conceivable way for a short-stacking strategy to work and be profitable without going south. therefore, I abhor short-stacks

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    ratholing is a disease spreading like AIDS in africa, infesting our beloved game from the core. stars shows again why they are the premier site. everyone will end up on these tables and ratholing will be exterminated in the near future.

congrats stars.

edit- am i sure, im HIV positive!

There is no conceivable way for a short-stacking strategy to work and be profitable without going south. therefore, I abhor short-stacks
    I think in all my ramblings I was trying to say I don't mind people buying in short and then moving on from there. But you're right in regards to needing to go south to make it truly a profitable strategy.

/ramblings. Short story, I agree with you. :P

Thats probably the dumbest thing i've read today, granted its early.

Thats probably the dumbest thing i've read today, granted its early.

Care to explain?

Or have you found a magical way in which staying at the table after you've doubled up (which defeats the purpose of shorting) makes you lots of monies?

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    for every 1 good short stacker there's 10 bad short stackers. you don't have to fold to the shove every time, call wide and gamb00l with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by |~|ypermegachi
    for every 1 good short stacker there's 10 bad short stackers. you don't have to fold to the shove every time, call wide and gamb00l with them.
    FU!

No really, call them more give them so much variance they puke.
    Quote Originally Posted by |~|ypermegachi
    FU!

No really, call them more give them so much variance they puke.
    This seems to work very well against the 20bbers, not so much against the 30-50bbers.
    its a really funny thing ive noticed with a lot of bad regs. although i dont know their br situation, this is my guess. a lot of the bad regs lose full stacking, and then start ssing, and then eventually drop back down because they suck at that too.

i wish they would implement more of the 50bb tables. what deanglow said is just dead on. they completely fuck up the flow and just piss the hell out of me, especially the erratic limp/shovers taht suck balls. GOD THEY PISS ME OFF. it basically takes away a lot of my button opening range when they limp with a 25 bb stack and i raise and they shove, i cant call with all the sc's i open with.
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me.
    im new

thought id add a little insight from a the pure psychology of playing short stacked. i am by no means one of those little
    rabbits who u only need to catch once to own. i play small level mtts at a good success, 1 in 2 final table live and online.

however short stacking is just as valid a strategy as any other. the fundamentals are pretty simple heres how it runs:

1) get a hand, hi pp (not 99-) bet and raise (3bet) with ur pp and shove flop regardless. preferably if its over pair. or get ax or kx and shove ur hit if its top pr or above

2) get in the bb hit a random 2pr + hand or a flush draw and batter the flop

in "most" situations u if u choose ur preflop situation carefully u are in with the best. if ur not ur screwed anyway and limiting ur risk by going in small is pretty sweet.

"and heres the science bit..." the short stacker if playing correctly is exploiting one of the most fundamental emotions of the "regular" its this, and i can see it running thro peoples heads everytime they call my 10x bb flop shove,

"ur not getting me off this hand and i want u off my table ur screwing with "my table""

well woop de do im screwing with ur ego, ur damn right i am.... and that is EXACTLY what the short stack exploits.

get over it.

i refer to this webpage on how to play a "game" properly....
    sirlin
    .net
    meh. FU.
    Quote Originally Posted by MehFU
    im new :D

thought id add a little insight from a the pure psychology of playing short stacked. i am by no means one of those little
    rabbits who u only need to catch once to own. i play small level mtts at a good success, 1 in 2 final table live and online.

however short stacking is just as valid a strategy as any other. the fundamentals are pretty simple heres how it runs:

1) get a hand, hi pp (not 99-) bet and raise (3bet) with ur pp and shove flop regardless. preferably if its over pair. or get ax or kx and shove ur hit if its top pr or above

2) get in the bb hit a random 2pr + hand or a flush draw and batter the flop

in "most" situations u if u choose ur preflop situation carefully u are in with the best. if ur not ur screwed anyway and limiting ur risk by going in small is pretty sweet.

"and heres the science bit..." the short stacker if playing correctly is exploiting one of the most fundamental emotions of the "regular" its this, and i can see it running thro peoples heads everytime they call my 10x bb flop shove,

"ur not getting me off this hand and i want u off my table ur screwing with "my table""

well woop de do im screwing with ur ego, ur damn right i am.... and that is EXACTLY what the short stack exploits.

get over it.

i refer to this webpage on how to play a "game" properly....
    sirlin
    .net
    i know this is gonna come off as crass, but i think you ask for it ....

this is actually the way a bad shortstacker would play.
    show me the probability?
    probability? ... you are talking about emotions, lol ... you think losing a 40bb pot makes me tilt? i spite call short stackers w/ any 2 to give them ridiculous variance. u obviously dont even understand why deep stacks dont like short stacks, you just have some set guidelines that you play by and dont even think. i dont like short stackers cuz i cant 3bet light .. or if i do, i get shoved on by some doofus w/ 20bb, and i call w/ 56s. its irritating, lol but i cant see how it could tilt someone.
    so ur playing 3 bet to stack another deep stack with ur scs or set mining on ur low pp. so basically what ur saying is ull put a play on a player for the sake of pushing with a hand that if ur called with ur just as badly in as the short stack.

lol
    so ur playing 3 bet to stack another deep stack with ur scs or set mining on ur low pp. so basically what ur saying is ull put a play on a player for the sake of pushing with a hand that if ur called with ur just as badly in as the short stack.

lol
    probability? ... you are talking about emotions, lol ... you think losing a 40bb pot makes me tilt? i spite call short stackers w/ any 2 to give them ridiculous variance. u obviously dont even understand why deep stacks dont like short stacks, you just have some set guidelines that you play by and dont even think. i dont like short stackers cuz i cant 3bet light .. or if i do, i get shoved on by some doofus w/ 20bb, and i call w/ 56s. its irritating, lol but i cant see how it could tilt someone.
    Stars name please? I love free money.
    it tilts me slightly when i isolate donkeys otb with some weak hand that does very poorly all in, and some fucking sob shoves for 20bb over and over. i mean after a while those iso raises add up, but its not so much the money as it is i just want to put every 20bb stack on an island and nuke it.
    seriously bode get a point.
    posting senseless flame is not only childish but it makes u look like a degenerate fucktard.
    posting senseless flame is not only childish but it makes u look like a degenerate fucktard.
    reread what you said. i cant make any sense of it.
    i'll admit to being a degenerate fucktard, but Childish? now thats just crossing the line.
    haha nice.