UTG+1: $2.02 (101 bb)
    MP: $1.85 (93 bb)
    MP+1: $2.80 (140 bb)
    CO: $4.86 (243 bb)
    BU: $2.04 (102 bb)
    SB (Hero): $1.74 (87 bb)
    BB: $1.00 (50 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with T 8
    1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, 1 fold, MP+1 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks

Flop: ($0.10) 9 4 J (5 players)
    Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP+1 checks, CO bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, BB calls $0.04, UTG+1 calls $0.04, MP+1 folds

Turn: ($0.26) J (4 players)
    Hero bets $0.08, 2 players fold, CO calls $0.08

River: ($0.42) A (2 players)
    Hero bets $0.20,

flop checks around to CO who bets, I put him on middle or top pair a portion of the time he can do this with flushdraw,straight-draw but I think because there are a few of us in the pot and his bet size was near pot I think his range is more pairs than draws. on the turn I hit my flush so I bet out trying to extract value and see where I stand, I want to bet for value but also keep whoever might have middle-pairs, a Jack and some straight draws in the pot. My plan is to possibly fold on a river if another heart comes and someone shows significant interest in the pot.CO just calls and now I am thinking he has a Jack, maybe A9 with ace of hearts sometimes a draw, with hands like QT. I think his range here is mostly pairs because of his pot bet on the flop and then his flat call on the turn. River comes Q of hearts and I felt like it was a decent card for me because it leaves only K and Q of hearts that beat me , I bet half pot, what do you think about the way I played this hand and what do you think about villains range?
    Last edited by DonkeyBets; 02-13-2020 at 12:24 AM.
    Pre - limping is fine.

Flop - lead out. We have so much equity here it's practically value. We want to build a pot. If we make the turn, we want to be able to bet more than a few cents. This flop checking through is pretty weak for our hand.

Turn - bet more. We can expect calls from Jx, pairs, Qh+, and they'll call more than a 1/3rd pot bet. These kind of bets are good at higher levels where we want to balance our range to include cheap bluffs, but at 2nl we should just bet half pot or more. There are three other people in the pot, chances are someone has a piece of it.

River - this river bet is thin but it might be ok. We simply have to fold to a raise though. Check/calling river would be my default, but I can see the merit in betting, and this is a decent size.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Villain calls and shows QTo Q of hearts maybe I should have been bet bet betting like u said
    Yeah you have to imagine that he's folding his QT on the turn where he has no heart. My check/call line is questionable, I'm not sure what he can bluff river with. His Jx either beats us or checks back river. The river spot might be a check/fold, purely because I can't figure out where the value is. Bet/fold might actually be better than check/call because at least he can call Jx in the hope of picking off a bluff, while he probably doesn't bet it, so I'm losing value there while still paying off his better hands. A river bet/fold is hard to swallow, but it doesn't lose money.
    ongies gonna ong
    A river bet/fold is hard to swallow, but it doesn't lose money.
    That should read a river check/fold.
    ongies gonna ong
    A river bet/fold might be losing. The value we get from Jx is probably not enough to pay for the times we lose.

I guess he can bluff QT on river, floating turn to rep a heart if it comes, there's KQ too which can tag along. Maybe he can bluff river when we check.

It's a really interesting river spot, this is. It's close between c/f, c/c, and b/f.
    ongies gonna ong
    Yes I see your logic, interesting breakdown thank you for the thinking you did here.