Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

[FTR Quick Tip #007] 3-Betting, Part 4: Example Hands

Arrow [FTR Quick Tip #007] 3-Betting, Part 4: Example Hands

In this installment, we look at some hand histories illustrating the 3-betting principles explained in the previous 3 videos. Fold, 3-bet, or cold-call depending on your opponent's tendencies and your hand. Choose your actions to maximize your EV at the tables in your no limit Hold'em cash games.

---

Any questions? Discussion has died down with the last few videos.. any feedback on the series, type of videos, etc etc.?
    I've really enjoyed all the videos so far, good detailed explanations of what's going on/what we should be doing.

Do you have any ideas in pipeline for squeeze plays, playing flush draws and straight draws OOP/IP, things like that?
    Currently grinding live cash games. Life is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_1878 View Post
    I've really enjoyed all the videos so far, good detailed explanations of what's going on/what we should be doing.

Do you have any ideas in pipeline for squeeze plays, playing flush draws and straight draws OOP/IP, things like that?
    Thanks, Cobra. I've really enjoyed making the vids. I have thought about including squeeze plays in one of my 3-betting videos, as they are a powerful tool in any player's arsenal. I haven't really considered doing a vid about flush draws and straight draws OOP or IP, because the correct play depends on so many variables that it would be hard to give a general overview in just a few minutes. Really, I think the way you play your strong draws will depend more upon your opponent than on your position. I could see leading, check-raising, or check-calling being correct OOP; and flatting or raising or betting being good IP, completely depending on your opponent and, to a lesser extent, on whether you have overcards in your hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1013 View Post
    Thanks, Cobra. I've really enjoyed making the vids. I have thought about including squeeze plays in one of my 3-betting videos, as they are a powerful tool in any player's arsenal. I haven't really considered doing a vid about flush draws and straight draws OOP or IP, because the correct play depends on so many variables that it would be hard to give a general overview in just a few minutes. Really, I think the way you play your strong draws will depend more upon your opponent than on your position. I could see leading, check-raising, or check-calling being correct OOP; and flatting or raising or betting being good IP, completely depending on your opponent and, to a lesser extent, on whether you have overcards in your hand.
    Hmm OK, how about playing marginal hands pre in a limped pot. For e.g, holding KJo on button with 2 limpers already in pot, would something like that work?

Also, maybe things like playing TPTK/TP2K OOP?

Just trying to throw a few ideas out as I am enjoying the series so far.
    Currently grinding live cash games. Life is good.
    Hey, that is a good idea. I really like isolating limpers, so I think I'll do a video about that in the upcoming weeks. There's so much to consider, though. It will be a challenge to make a ~5 minute video about all the minutia involved. But I think I can get into some of the opponent tendencies, both preflop and on the flop, that you will want to consider when deciding whether or not to raise after some players have limped in.