Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

AQ 100nl 3bet pot turn brings 3flush

Default AQ 100nl 3bet pot turn brings 3flush

Finally hit a solid losing patch. Got some spots I could use help with.

villain is a 40/20 donk reg on a couple tables.

b/f ~$22 optimal?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($100)
    BB ($147)
    UTG ($100)
    Hero (MP) ($143.90)
    Button ($104.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q, A
    1 fold, Hero bets $3, Button raises to $7, 2 folds, Hero calls $4

Flop: ($15.50) A, 7, 4 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $11, Hero raises to $29, Button calls $18

Turn: ($73.50) J (2 players)
    Hero...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carroters
    Ambition is fucking great, but you're trying to dig up gold with a rocket launcher and are going to blow the whole lot to shit unless you refine your tools
    No other stats on this guy? Like how much he does this min-ish 3bet, or how aggro he is postflop?

But yes i guess i would also bet small, and fold to a raise... tough spot, the Jc is absolutely the worst card in the deck.
    Last edited by Tom42; 02-16-2011 at 04:58 AM.
    I would try to control the pot here. Keep it as small as possible. What are you beating that he called the reraise with?
    why oh why would you ever c/r flop here

As played I c/f

Don't complain; Just work harder - Randy Pausch (The Last Lecture)
    Check call flop unless you have a very specific read on what hands he will min 3bet with. Check raising folds out all the hands you beat and his bluffs most of the time.

As played I'd check turn and fold to any bet around half pot or bigger
    guys he can call my c/r with AT/AJ, TT-KK the times he gets suspicious, and shove with flush draws. the c/r is easily for value.

c/f turn might be better than b/f since i don't know whether he peels the turn AT/AJ no club
    Ambition is fucking great, but you're trying to dig up gold with a rocket launcher and are going to blow the whole lot to shit unless you refine your tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Vi-Zer0Skill View Post
    guys he can call my c/r with AT/AJ, TT-KK the times he gets suspicious, and shove with flush draws. the c/r is easily for value.

c/f turn might be better than b/f since i don't know whether he peels the turn AT/AJ no club
    I agree, against this type of guy, c/r for value with TPGK is likely good.

And i dunno about c/f. We def don't want to see a 4th club on the river, and we might even get some value if he has a single club. I still like betting small.
    What's his 3bet%? What hands, if any, has he showed up with after 3betting?

Some of these donks 3bet a very tight range, so that would make c/ring this flop bad.
    I think flop c/raise is fine, if he's smart you're not repping much and can get called by lots worse. I think the turn is a c/fold now though. He obv has something and isn't likely to turn it into a bluff so I'd expect to see a river and then you can evaluate. And there's only value vs KK/QQ with a club which seems a tad thin.
    Family Cruise IMO
    If I'm c/r its to induce a float or spazz because I think I will get more money from him that way than him bluffing if I c/c.

I would c/r to $23 or $24 or something.

What is his 3bet %?

I think some % of his flushes raise flop again. I would probably c/c here, because all his floats will bet this card probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    I didn't do a good job describing villain in any of my hands. this particular villain prob had a 7-10% 3b over the 100 or so hands I had on him, so worse Ax are in his 3b range assuming it's mostly linear.

griffo I like a smaller c/r better because as you say I'm getting more floats this way. at the time I was concerned about giving draws too good a price and encouraging them to flat rather than semibluff shove, but realistically there aren't a ton of hand combos that can have two clubs and definitely more mid pairs at any rate.

interesting that everyone had different ideas about how to play turn..
    I'd actually c/r flop a bit bigger vs a donk reg. Now c/f turn.
    Nine to five is how to survive - I ain't trying to survive / I'm trying to live it to the limit and love it a lot //

Can offer RB deals on most sites, PM me.
    Will a donk reg be on the level that would assume that by c/r'ing flop u rep nothing? I would do it against fish who are level 0 types and good players who are like level 3-4 but anywhere in the middle Im not sure he would get it. As played c/f turn.