Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!

Default Limping IP

When. where, and against who are we doing this? If I'm playing a hand in position heads up I'm 3xing it but this may not be the best idea against super 3betters and others.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Are you talking about cash or hu sngs. The problem with doing it in a cash game is that most people will just leave cause they find it boring.

In general limping should be a part of your preflop strategy, depending on how your opponent reacts to it. If you can make hands that aren't profitable raises into profitable limps, or if you can get more value out of hands by limping them instead of raising them, you should. Usually limping a combo of made hands and shit is effective.
    Ya, talking HU SNG.

What's our range of hands that can be better value limping? Hands like offsuit connectors, offsuit Ax, Kx?

I'll limp AA,KK, sometimes against super aggros.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    By value limping i mean like the nuts down to a8 and 77.
    I personally limp in only when I'm set-mining. And if I don't hit my set, I check-fold. Hope this helps.
    My strategy is pretty much based all around limping the button, until I get a read on how he's going to react to it. I minraise, 2.5x once in a while and if I notice he's pretty nitty or folds to the raises pretty often I'll just start pounding him with minraises.

All about adjusting.
    Hold the front page - "Bigred in poker content post shocker!!"

Typically, I'm limping everything that I'm not already raising from the button because of the favourable odds. I'll also mix in limps with strength too.

The only time I'm not limping is if I'm being pounded by continual raising.
    - You're the reason why paradise lost
    Haha yea I thought the same thing, then I looked at the date on the OP. It's a bit old, some random just bumped it. :P

Default hmm

wow, nice ahhah
    thanks