Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

President Yeezy?

Default President Yeezy?

This is a response to Boost, and I wanted to make it its own thread.

Ultimately here's why I'm sanguine about Kanye:

The biggest problem in the country (IMO) is prejudice. The country has divided into two teams that each hate the other and that'll raze the land for a political win.

To fix this, it'll take somebody who can frame all attacks from others from the high ground and deliver a message that nobody disagrees with. It'll take somebody whose credible in eyes of every side, and whose way of spreading love overpowers others spreading hate.

I can't think of many public figures who could do this.

But the Kanye of the last few years -- he could do it.

It would be a feat unmatched by any President of the last 150 years. It may be impossible. That is, unless somebody of very unique talents could lead the way. Kanye says he has the desire, and he's about as uniquely talented as a human can get. But could he do it?

I'mma let you finish, but only after I talk. Because I'm the President.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
    Hilarious

You haven't made a coherent argument. You've listed some qualities that few would argue would be great for a president considering the partisan mess we're in, and then you just say "Kanye." You could plug any name in there and the argument you've presented would be just as strong (weak.)

I'll grant that I may have it all wrong with regards to Kanye, but the burden is on you and I shouldn't have to explain why.
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    considering the partisan mess we're in
    Mr. Rogers for president.
    He dead, yo.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
    Is that relevant?
    Depends.

Who's he running with?
    You haven't made a coherent argument. You've listed some qualities that few would argue would be great for a president considering the partisan mess we're in, and then you just say "Kanye." You could plug any name in there and the argument you've presented would be just as strong (weak.)

I'll grant that I may have it all wrong with regards to Kanye, but the burden is on you and I shouldn't have to explain why.
    Kanye

On a serious note,

I view the task of persuading the hearts and minds of The People towards positive change is one of the most important duties of any President. I have the gut feeling that Kanye can do that. My points of substantiation are not terribly convincing to others, but to me they are jaw-dropping, incredible persuasion technique towards good. The best I've seen.