Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

PP private games

Default PP private games

You can create a Limit Private Table on Party Poker, but you can't create a No Limit private table. Why not? Are there any sites that allow you to create a No Limit private table?
    Does anyone know if this is legal:

Setting up a site that would allow people to create "play" money tournys. You would have a hold em engine, a way for people to send out email notifications, and then a link to Paypal or something so they can tranfer money to winners after and then you would charge them a small fee .10 to .25 cents for the server space. And then sell some ad space on the site. Maybe earn some cash for this site.

Or would this get us all thrown in the slammer?
    i'm not really sure I understand your idea robe, can you explain further?

Natural, i thought pp did have no limit private games, might be (and probably) mistaken, maybe pokerstars lets you.
    Well, it seems online poker rooms like PP don't have a service where you can create your own private tourny table. I think this is because it is too much of a hassle for the amount of money they make with all the their SNG tournys filling up by the minute. They are all off shore because of the US gambling laws.

Would it be legal in the US to set up a site where people could set up games where no money was technically transfered between players. The service would be to provide a place to play. You would make money by charging a really small fee - a dime per tourny- where you could set up a game- pick your blinds and the time that they increase, etc., email your friends the rules, time and URL, but it would all be play money. But the site would contain a link to PayPal so the players could work it out with each other to pay each other after it was over.

And you would try to sell advertising.

I wonder if this would be legal in the US. There have been a couple of posts that I have seen about guys on this board trying to set up a game. I am new so I have been reading way too much over the last week. But it doesn't seem like this service is available and the only reason I can think of is that the current system is just too profitable for them to mess with people setting up tourny's with friends.

But is this a small niche that could be profitable as long as it doesn't violate US gambling laws. Or do you put the server in Belize.

Does that make sense?
    So I guess can a site be created where you can pick all the parameters for a hold em tourny that :

1 Has a decent engine and interface
    2 You can email all your buds from the same place you create the tourny
    3 Has a chat interface to talk smack during the tourny
    4 Has links where you can transfer any real money between players if
    they choose to do so
    5 Is there a market for this
    6 And can this be done w/out the gambling fascists coming down on you
    7 If it's possible then why not here since it is the coolest most useful
    poker site on the net

BTW- This is just a what if for discussion

Default Re: PP private games

Quote Originally Posted by TheNatural
    Are there any sites that allow you to create a No Limit private table?
    www.choicepoker.com

You can't do it yourself manually, but you can email them (via their poker interface) and have them set up a private table with virtually any configuration you want, i.e., no-limit, tournament-style, live game, etc.
    robe43:

I just got home from a party and I'm pretty buzzed, so I didn't read over all of what you were saying, but check this here:
    http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=329

...and here:
    http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=328

...and welcome to the Inner Circle.
    well I guess it wouldn't be illegal, but how would you control players being honest and transferring their money? Also can't you just set up a poker site on an indian reservation and have it still be legal?
    i have a home cash game. not really worried about getting caught but was wondering if it was ilegal
    Quote Originally Posted by philla
    i have a home cash game. not really worried about getting caught but was wondering if it was ilegal
    it's state dependent, and i think varies quite a bit.

i'm not a lawyer (nor do i play one on TV ) but typically if you, "the house", are not taking a rake, or profiting by having the game at your house, it's legal.

i think this is the deal in kalifornia.