Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

KQ Q high flop b vs b

Default KQ Q high flop b vs b

villain is relative unknown, think he's 1-tabling and 42-12 over 100 hands. Doesn't fold to c-bets much but haven't seen him c-r until now.

Unsure of how to proceed on this flop, I'm expecting him to call loads here with stuff like 99/JT/whatever, once he raises he could be doing this with all sorts of hands - flush draws, straight draws, two pair, AJ, AQ etc. Standard fold?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($46.25)
    Hero (SB) ($58.50)
    BB ($27.20)
    UTG ($40.15)
    UTG+1 ($30.95)
    MP1 ($44.25)
    MP2 ($46.35)
    CO ($50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, Q
    5 folds, Button bets $2, Hero calls $1.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($4.50) Q, J, 3 (2 players)
    Hero bets $3.50, Button raises to $12.75,
    why are you leading if you don't know how to react when he raises? I would c/c this flop a lot unless I thought he would raise a donkbet with air a lot. I guess you pretty much have to fold when he pots it like this, which really sucks, so I hate the lead in the first place..
    3k post - Return of the blog!
    According to your read 42/12 this seems a c/r for me. Im split between that and c/c donk turn donk river.
    Id only be leading with the intention of bet/3bet calling but then vs a 42/12 youre never good against that line from him with you hand here so that line sucks bad.

Villain sticks it in with AQ+ on the flop if c/r'ed and would call down with a QT type hand and a OESD or FD.

C/r seems best.

Edit: villains agg factor would help to see if he would raise a FD if donked at - that might sway me to a flop lead - even if it is only 100 hands
    sometimes the simplest/easiest play is the best