Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWerewolf Village

Werewolf Match Sign-Up May 2015

Default Werewolf Match Sign-Up May 2015

Hey everyone. I'd really like to get a new Werewolf match going this month and am creating this thread to gauge interest. We have some new forum members who'll hopefully want to participate. This will be a great way to introduce them to FTR Werewolf as well as get to know some of our veteran contributors.

Please post in this thread if you're available to participate. Start date TBD pending members' availability/suggestions. The format will likely be a vanilla game if newer members play.
    I'm away 20th to 25th, probably best I sit out, I don't want to disappear at a crucial time.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    IN.
    IN
    in if big enough
    in if big enough
    TWSS

in
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    Probably
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    If you invite bigred to play, and it starts around the 20th, then I'll get back from my holiday at just the right time to replace him.
    ongies gonna ong
    I'm going to send out a general PM to our recent posters & newer members and invite them to play. Please post any recommendations.

List

killer
    CrAzY
    lobster
    Weissr
    ducbim
    micro4life
    MTTCashman
    In if it starts after May 20th. Finals and sheeit.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Put me in
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    PM shipped to those listed in Post #9.

So May 21st is the best starting date?
    Hi. Thank you for the invitation. I never played a Werewolf match. I suppose it s a game?
    It's a game of typically 2 teams, the village and the werewolves. Roles are chosen at random before the game. The village do not know the roles of any players. The wolves know who is on their team and can communicate outside of the game.

The game lasts typically a couple of weeks and is split into day (typically 48 hrs or so) and night (typically 24 hrs) phases. At night the wolves chose a player to kill, thus reducing the number of villagers, and win by reducing the number of villagers to equal the number of wolves. Each day the village, consisting of villagers and wolves, chat with each other and try to figure out who the wolves are, and vote to kill a player at the end of the day, one person one vote, with wolves also getting to vote. So each full day and night leads to the pool of players reducing by two.

The village win by killing all of the wolves.

Each day you have the information gained from the previous day and night cycle to help narrow down who the wolves are. You can look at what people have said, who they've voted for, who was chosen to be killed by the wolves, and the roles of the dead are revealed to give more information.

It's basically a game of deception and manipulation if you're a wolf or of playing detective if you're a villager.

It's fun and frustrating.

You should play.

Read an old game thread if you want an idea of how it works.
    In
    I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAzY View Post
    Hi. Thank you for the invitation. I never played a Werewolf match. I suppose it s a game?
    Yes, it's a game designed by Russians to train spies. You're either a part of the uninformed many or the informed few. Can you tell an honest man from a liar? Can you trick others from doing the same?

Time to find out!

Or to put it more simply, your life with werewolf:

And your life without:

<a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    rilla, haven't seen the little milk guy in years:

IN LIKE FLYNN MUTHAFUGGAS
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    In.
    I must say pass. I do not have the patience. Better a movie with a good beer
    Players

OngBonga
    Hoopy
    BankItDrew
    wufwugy
    baudib
    rong
    BooG690
    a500lbgorilla

lilrascal
    Luco
    JKDS

We have 11 at the moment. A few more players would be great!
    Last edited by a500lbgorilla; 05-16-2015 at 04:25 PM. Reason: cRaZy ain't in
    Everyone light a candle... for when cRaZy made the worst decision of his entire life...
    always in

if game doesnt start until june then i will be on the low end of my content spectrum
    Players

OngBonga
    Hoopy
    BankItDrew
    wufwugy
    baudib
    rong
    BooG690
    a500lbgorilla
    lilrascal
    Luco
    JKDS
    gabe

We have 12 at the moment. A few more players would be great!

* Waiting on CrAzY to confirm
    So I'm away next thursday to monday. Bear that in mind before starting a game with me in it.
    ongies gonna ong
    Sorry. I wrote above that I would not participate. I don t have enough time to learn and play this game. have fun
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAzY View Post
    Sorry. I wrote above that I would not participate. I don t have enough time to learn and play this game. have fun
    I'm not sure how I missed your post, but thanks for pointing it out CrAzY.

To Ong.... so we need to start on May 25th?
    Start when you like, it's just if you plan on starting soon, I should probably sit out.
    ongies gonna ong
    If the game is starting this week, then I think just consider me out. If it starts saturday or later, then count me in. That's probably the longest I can sit out the first day without it being a problem... like 48 hours or whatever.

It's up to you dhuber, I don't want the game to revolve around me and my holidays. I'm like the only person here who doesn't work and it's me that's being awkward!
    ongies gonna ong
    12 is pretty much the minimum, right? If that's the case then I'd rather wait until you're available and maybe a couple more people will decide to join in the meantime.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhubermex View Post
    12 is pretty much the minimum, right? If that's the case then I'd rather wait until you're available and maybe a couple more people will decide to join in the meantime.
    Odd numbers work better. try for 13
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Odd numbers work better when there's no vig/angel, because when there's one lynch and one night kill guaranteed, it means final day is an odd number. But when there's a vig/angel, well it doesn't really matter how many start, because it's likely there will be an unpredictable quantity of events that changes the endgame balance.

13p is the standard average sized game at mafiascum though, it's the easiest to balance.
    ongies gonna ong
    i won't be able to be in this time around. Keen for any games starting once May has been and gone though.
    we gonna try for a game in the commune?
    If this game isn't over before June 6, count me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    we gonna try for a game in the commune?
    I've created a thread in the Commune asking for at least 1 more player. If we get one more, then we can start this Monday, May 25th.

Does anyone have a preference on where to place the in-game thread? Here or in the Commune?
    Game thread has to be in ww village. It will be annoying in the commune and increase the likelihood of randos chipping in mid game.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    Game thread has to be in ww village. It will be annoying in the commune and increase the likelihood of randos chipping in mid game.
    We were toying with the idea of playing a game in the commune to try and get new blood. Maybe let randoms participate in some manner.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Let randoms in the commune participate by randomly assigning the first rando with an in-game player. Some in-game players will have a rando buddy but some/many will not. The randos now have just as mich power as an in-game player but with zero specials. The rando can vote and bolded. If either the rando or their tandom dies - they both die.

The rando cannot take part in the wolf den if paired with a wolf. The rando has no contact with anyone outside of the game.

Could be quite funny. Easy to implement too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    We'll survive.
    This game is looking to be a spectator's delight so far.

@rilla: dat location! I can't help but feel conflicted. Not bad for a two-word troll.