Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 207 of 420 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 15,451 to 15,525 of 31490
    btw i love you for saying kim kardashian is busted<3
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    I think the whole equality thing worked as an ideal back in days when people were treated so horribly disparately that any movement that approached fairness was going to be a net positive on human society. But now that we're becoming a modern global society and have equality in our sights, we need to realize how fucked up true equality is. That people aren't necessarily perfectly equal and deserving of perfectly equal treatment. That its not okay to take all of the wealth and power in the world and distribute it to everyone equally regardless of who they are and what they've done.

And that people just have different things to offer. I'm a man. A fairly weak man who would probably get his ass kicked by 80% of men in a fist fight. But I can open a jar more easily than 95% of women. It's a fact and ignoring facts is stupid. Men and women have major structural differences, mind and body. And generally speaking they have different motivations and aspirations from one another. And that's okay.
    Last edited by Renton; 11-06-2014 at 04:43 PM.
    Hey Bill, why did you quit smoking? "I just wanted to see if Denis would too".
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    As if I haven't pissed off enough people, I'm about to say that I hate Bill Hicks.
    just squeegee ur 3rd eye man

4real tho have you seen this bc you might like it (although i'm not surprised you don't like him on the whole - it's ok, some people can't be saved)

i've incorporated the "huh" at 1:30 into my regular speech, so good
    Last edited by aubreymcfate; 11-06-2014 at 06:30 PM.
    I hate Bill Hicks.
    Quotes Denis Leary, hates Bill Hicks. Says a lot about a man that does.
    ongies gonna ong
    It's kind of like hating on Elvis while listening to Shakin' Stevens.

ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post
    Our experiences are not equal. Race, gender, disabilities or lackethereof, etc - These things shape the way we interact with the world around us, and how the world interacts with us. So yes, actually, you do need to put yourselves in the shoes of someone who is different than you. It's called empathy.
    This is good if we're trying to understand individuals, but not for public policy. Whenever this idea is applied to public policy (and it has been extensively), it doesn't solve any of the problems and just creates more. The macro society is counter-intuitive when viewed on the micro level. That's the way it is with everything, economics, physics, or whatever.

Modern feminism is cherry picking. It cherry picks what it wishes to discuss, and that sets the narrative for gender. When a woman is harmed, you're goddamn right we're gonna hear about it. And we're gonna care. We're gonna burst vessels screaming about it. But a man gets harmed? Fuck him. Bitch was too much of a bitch and shouldn't even be complaining about it in the first place. He fucking isn't tough enough and deserves it.

Sound ridiculous? Sure, but it's the most standard thing there is. A man goes to war and dies, he did it for his country. A whole bunch of men go to war and die, they all did it for their country. But if you get women dying in war, can you imagine how up in arms the media would be, how up in arms the entire society would be? We would shred the military of all its power just to keep women from dying. But men die and we couldn't blink an eye

The irony of privilege is that when equality is called for, the privileged look oppressed. If we were to treat women like they were equals to men, then shit like this wouldn't happen

But no, we can't lower women from the pedestal and call them equals because doing so would be oppressing women. Except that modern feminism doesn't see the pedestal. And doesn't see the men (and other women) holding it up. Modern feminism sees only the problems of women and demands that all things must bow

I listen to Joe Rogan's podcast from time to time. There's something deeply explanatory about gender issues in it, but it's not what most would think. When discussing gender, he always says how he doesn't understand mens rights proponents. He thinks they're silly and should toughen up. In that, he has embedded himself into the narrative that ignores men. His statements are indicative of a situation where the real oppressed are men, because they must be so oppressed since they're not even fucking allowed to talk about it. Imagine the shitstorm that would blast its way through if a woman said feminists are silly and should just toughen up.

Feminism tells women they are victims. And the fucking crazy thing is that high-and-mighty hyper-liberal feminists are really just playing into the hands of the hyper-conservative patriarchy that says women are fragile and must be protected. If feminists were indeed looking out for women, they would be calling bullshit on almost every single thing that people thinks are gender issues, and instead would be calling for women to take responsibility for their actions and not victimize themselves. Men are already assumed to not be allowed to complain about male problems. It's high time we make women equal by assuming that if something bad happens to a woman, it's because bad things happen to people and has nothing to do with sex or gender at its core. And even if it does have to do with sex or gender, it isn't unique to women.

Like revealed in the Maddox video, it is not that we're living in a society that oppresses women, but one that oppresses men. I'll get laughed at for saying that and heads shook in my direction, but that is all the evidence needed to make the point. If a comic sexualizes a man and nobody makes a peep but then it sexualizes a woman in the same way and everybody's up in arms, we're looking at a situation where the privilege lies with women, because it means that women are allowed to get upset about being sexualized; whereas men are not even allowed to get upset. Men are told to bear their burdens and not complain about it. At least women have a voice. Perhaps the modern feminist would say that it's because men appreciate the problems of women which makes women oppressed. Really? So when we have two sexes, one whose problems people care about and one whose problems people don't care about, we're saying that the one whose problems people care about is the oppressed sex? Gimme a break
    Jesus fuck that's a lot of words.

Can someone break that down into bite size nuggets so I can decide if I give a crap or not.
    ongies gonna ong
    Ding ding ding.
    FWIW I think the concept of privilege is not revealing. It's a strange concept that tends to lead astray more often than not. To use the show Girls as an example, we can see that privilege doesn't mean "better", which suggests it isn't real privilege in the first place. There is little utility in the concept of privilege, and in something that I understand somewhat well, economics, I would say that it has virtually zero relevance to the real function of the system
    Yeah it's really just some made-up fairy-tale shit the vast majority of the time.

It's like tell me more about my while male privilege and the shithole trailer I grew up in with holes in the floor and shooting rats with BB guns in the living room. It'll mean a lot since your womens study undergrad and masters in communications are totally worth that $200,000 in student loans.
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 11-06-2014 at 09:00 PM.
    marp.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    Yeah it's really just some made-up fairy-tale shit the vast majority of the time.

It's like tell me more about my while male privilege and the shithole trailer I grew up in with holes in the floor and shooting rats with BB guns in the living room. It'll mean a lot since your womens study undergrad and masters in communications are totally worth that $200,000 in student loans.
    literally nothing to do with what privilege means but ok. privilege doesn't mean all white men have a better life than all non white men. this is the most prevalent gross misunderstanding of what privilege means.

chelle<3<3<3
    however you are right that some privileged white females have their heads up their asses and ruin it for everyone else when they talk about privilege (talking about it in a way that doesn't take into account that people have real issues regardless of gender/race/etc and that sensitivity is required for all people), which results in people saying what you just said. vicious cycle, it's not entirely your fault.
    also privilege doesn't only regard gender, it also concerns race, sexual orientation, disability, class, etc

ok -exhale- i can't do this anymore lol i was happier when we were all bonding over butts, i'm gonna keep it at that

butt privilege!!!
    The narrative itself is dysfunctional. Example: Doesn't it seem a little silly that I would claim men are the oppressed? Sure. I feel uneasy doing that. But when I try to make an apples to apples a comparison of the situation for men compared to women, I'm hit by some pretty major factors that suggest it's so. I mean, women straight up do not die in war. Men do. And if we imagined a world in which women were dying at the rate that men are, we'd overturn it because nobody would approve of women dying the way we approve of men dying. If that isn't a convincing example, the same is true of the examples that are used to claim that women have it worse, like rape. Wasn't there a study posted here recently that showed that men are sexually violated just as much as women are (excluding prison), and the difference is that men never talk about it?

I don't want to be the guy who says what we're looking at is a situation where men are the oppressed, but if we're being completely honest with ourselves, I can think of a hundred recent articles discussing womens issues and zero discussing mens. The model fits for all minorities. When will we ever hear about how police brutality is sexism against men? We never hear about it unless it's against a minority, and then it's always about race instead of sex. We rarely hear about it against women because it doesn't happen much against women. My point isn't that things don't happen for sexist reasons, but that if we're talking sex, we have to be apples to apples and make sure that we handle things that happen to men with the same gloves. If we did that, every single police brutality instance (a new one arises each day) would be framed in the context of sexism against men. Just imagine if police brutality happened almost exclusively against a group other than men. We'd stumble over ourselves trying to make the case that it's bigotry against whatever group is not perceived to have most social power
    Last edited by wufwugy; 11-06-2014 at 10:26 PM.
    Well if we're doing da buttockes

Here's another way of looking at it: the sexes are raised differently. Boys are generally taught to believe that they'll get no sympathy and if bad things happen to them, they either need to tough it out or they were to blame. Girls are not taught this, at least not in the same ways. I'm not entirely sure what girls are taught, but part of it is that they're taught that their feelings matter and that when problems happen to them, if they make their voice heard, people will care. If this is true, wouldn't it create a situation, like today, where it appears that women have all sorts of problems and men don't?

Another example: it's commonplace to claim sexism due to the heights placed on womens sexuality. It's claimed, for good reason, that women can get places because of their sexuality. And then it's further claimed that it's wrong that this is the case and men should be ashamed that they privilege women for sexual reasons. Well, what would happen if we flipped the logic and had men point the finger at women for their sexual preferences? Would not the entire media explode with exuberance, proclaiming how oppressed women are for being judged for the way they are? After all, the current status of things is that passing judgment on womens sexual preferences is wrong. We pass judgment on mens sexual preferences all day long, but do it for women, and it's sexism.

The point I'm trying to make is subtle. I'm not trying to lay blame on who is sexist and who isn't. I'm trying to show the irony in how women are playing into the role of victims that they wish to dispossess. Sexuality is a strength of women, but the ultra-conservative patriarchy that modern feminism weirdly seems to get its ideals from would have us all believe that sexuality is a weakness. There are so many ways that females are strong, but all I see when gender issues are addressed in public discourse is how weak and oppressed they are
    Im setting up Christmas stuff tonight. None of you can stop me.
    Well if we're doing da buttockes

Oh lord almighty
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    she got dose runner's legs
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDS View Post
    Im setting up Christmas stuff tonight. None of you can stop me.
    Last night I drank mulled wine.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    I don't tend to get angry about xmas until I see that fucking coke advert with the lorry. Just thinking about now it is pissing me off. Grrrrr fuck christmas.
    ongies gonna ong
    I fucking hate Christmas music, and I fucking hate snow.
    I love snow!
    On the first day.
    Hell yes.
    it's supposed to be moving and stuff > right-click and open it in a new tab if it's not for you either
    Asses always move for me, ho.
    it's supposed to be moving and stuff > right-click and open it in a new tab if it's not for you either
    You should recreate it for your 1,000th post.
    omg how does she almost have a thousand posts
    omg how does she almost have a thousand posts
    Rampant whoredom.

Does anyone else here like choking girls while you fuck them?

Related: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-0...utrage/5874604

I don't have a problem with the guy personally. This is just a major hit-piece thanks to typical cherry-picking tactics.
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 11-07-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    Rampant whoredom.

Does anyone else here like choking girls while you fuck them?
    I've "dated" two women in the past 6 months that were both into this and asked me to do it. I was only ever comfortable when they were on top and I had one hand on their throat and they could lean into me. That way if anything was too much they could easily pull away. Just not a huge turn on for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    I've "dated" two women in the past 6 months that were both into this and asked me to do it. I was only ever comfortable when they were on top and I had one hand on their throat and they could lean into me. That way if anything was too much they could easily pull away. Just not a huge turn on for me.
    I hear you. It's not really my thing, but I like to accommodate whatever's reasonable. Some chicks just need to get ragdolled and beat on to really feel okay about themselves. It's probably not unrelated that "Women are up to 40% more likely than men to develop mental health conditions, according to new analysis by a clinical psychologist at Oxford University."

A lot of chicks are just fucked up and need to be treated like shit to feel like things are okay, and this goes for chicks who have had a "good childhood" as well. Women in general just hate themselves and resent the fact that they are women, so it makes plenty of sense that they like being dominated the way they do. What's really fun is when you give them what they really need along these lines and they start getting obsessed with you because no one has ever made them feel okay before you came along.

Because they become so preoccupied with wanting to make you happy, you can actually use this against them by setting expectations that will cause them to become better as individuals. So what you have is a chick who has essentially had her mental illness hacked to perpetuate self-growth which eventually leads to a certain level of regulated self-esteem that doesn't get out of hand.
    Hennessy and coconut soda is the nuts
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    Well to be fair, both these women were very strong personalities, Good Jobs, life well put together. I think it was the stereotypical need to be submissive and be able to let go for a change. Not always be in control. I know there is a huge market for men out there with A type personalities that pay to be dominated and/or subjected to degradation. Many times in non sexual ways
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    Hennessy and coconut soda is the nuts
    I hear you. It's not really my thing, but I like to accommodate whatever's reasonable. Some chicks just need to get ragdolled and beat on to really feel okay about themselves. It's probably not unrelated that "Women are up to 40% more likely than men to develop mental health conditions, according to new analysis by a clinical psychologist at Oxford University."

A lot of chicks are just fucked up and need to be treated like shit to feel like things are okay, and this goes for chicks who have had a "good childhood" as well. Women in general just hate themselves and resent the fact that they are women, so it makes plenty of sense that they like being dominated the way they do. What's really fun is when you give them what they really need along these lines and they start getting obsessed with you because no one has ever made them feel okay before you came along.

Because they become so preoccupied with wanting to make you happy, you can actually use this against them by setting expectations that will cause them to become better as individuals. So what you have is a chick who has essentially had her mental illness hacked to perpetuate self-growth which eventually leads to a certain level of regulated self-esteem that doesn't get out of hand.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.

to so much of what's going on above lol

anyway, moving on, yeah fantasies of submission are very common among women. even just the idea of being ravaged and tossed around has an element of submission. i think it's a natural, primal thing, biological urges.. innate dynamics between masculine and feminine. but humans are so psychologically variegated that you get a huge spectrum in between.. nonetheless you can see the prevalence of this larger pattern.

i also heard something about women who like being choked being born with the umbilical cord wrapped around their neck, but i cannot find a source so i'm just throwing it out there as something that may or may not have any validity.
    also my rampant whoredom has brought me vast and beautiful pleasures in life, it's true, and i'll treasure it always, but my post count does not lay in the province of my whoredom achievements, i'm afraid. i'll whip up some animated bubble butt delight for my 1000th.
    also my rampant whoredom has brought me vast and beautiful pleasures in life, it's true, and i'll treasure it always, but my post count does not lay in the province of my whoredom achievements, i'm afraid. i'll whip up some animated bubble butt delight for my 1000th.

obv.

?wut
    I just had a great idea. You know how everyone thinks religion is a crock of shit? Well let's celebrate Jesus day (at the wrong time of year) by working like a bitch for 11 months of the year and then spending most of our hard earned money on shit for our relatives that they don't fucking need. And we'll all eat more meat than usual, and we'll start drinking earlier in the day, and we'll see those annoying relatives that we never see the rest of the year because we have nothing in common except blood and surnames. And anyone who isn't happy with all this shite is a scrooge, or some other meaningless insult.

Anyone want a fucking mince pie?
    ongies gonna ong
    your christmas food must rather be shitty. if you weren't english i am sure the food would be tastier and christmas might be slightly better.

?wut
    Actually our food is pretty good at Christmas, it's rest of the year it's shit.

My Christmas dinner this year will likely be turkey and pheasant, with all the shite. Pheasant is fucking amazing.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Actually our food is pretty good at Christmas, it's rest of the year it's shit.

My Christmas dinner this year will likely be turkey and pheasant, with all the shite. Pheasant is fucking amazing.
    focus more on eating delicious foods until you can't feel feelings or your face and suddenly christmas becomes amazing every year imo.

?wut
    It might surprise you, but I actually enjoy Christmas. I just like to moan about it because it's a crock of shit. Complaining is a very British thing to do. It might seem like we're unhappy, but we're not, in fact complaining actually makes us happy.
    ongies gonna ong
    Just like going "woo" all the fucking time makes you merkins happy.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Just like going "woo" all the fucking time makes you merkins happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post

obv.
    Dumb.
    Shaming people for doing stupid shit is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    Dumb.
    Indeed. I can't tell if it was posted in support of the statement or to make fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Yeah that's just what we need, MORE fat lazy whores with no self-control and no sense of accountability.
    Yeah that's just what we need, MORE fat lazy whores with no self-control and no sense of accountability.
    Why do you hate america?
    Woo.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    Why do you hate america?
    Because it's the land of the fat-ass where mediocrity is above-average and avoiding hurting someone's feelings holds more weight than being productive and doing something with your life.
    Because it's the land of the fat-ass where mediocrity is above-average and avoiding hurting someone's feelings holds more weight than being productive and doing something with your life.
    Do you feel oppressed by this prevailing culture?
    Do you feel oppressed by this prevailing culture?
    I'm not bitchmade, so I don't feel oppressed by bitchassness.
    I'm not bitchmade, so I don't feel oppressed by bitchassness.
    Acting brave is exactly what your oppressors want.
    Acting brave is exactly what your oppressors want.
    Bravery implies fear.
    Bravery implies fear.
    It sure does.
    booty.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    Ask and receive shall

Bravery implies fear.
    Fear implies love.
    Love implies truth.
    Truth implies booty.
    Booty is the best.
    Well, what would happen if we flipped the logic
    y'mean like making selling sex legal, but buying it a crime?

http://esnoticia.co/noticia-8790-swe...ed-this-before
    As such, Sweden's unique strategy treats prostitution as a form of violence against women in which the men who exploit by buying sex are criminalized, the mostly female prostitutes are treated as victims who need help, and the public is educated in order to counteract the historical male bias that has long stultified thinking on prostitution.
    This is stupid and makes no fucking sense. Prostitution is down in Sweden because welfare went up, not because they shamed men out of wanting sex.
    Why can't they help prostitutes who want to escape their situation without criminalizing the men who make a mutually agreed upon transaction?

In order to see prostitutes as victims of male coercion and violence it requires that a government first switch from seeing prostitution from the male point of view to the female point of view. And most, if not virtually all, countries of the world still see prostitution and every other issue from a predominantly male point of view.
    Lol, what is the male point of view??

I mean it's great that women who are being forced into non-consensual acts are being helped, but something about that article is very off to me. I'm curious to look more into that London study about the effects of legalization and regulation of prostitution..

This reminds me of the most exhausting and infuriating episode I've ever seen on the Tyra Banks show, in which she has porn star Sasha Grey on (girl whose ass spoon was meh about). Tyra and these other women spend the whole episode obtusely trying to convince Sasha Grey that she is necessarily a victim, whether she realizes it or not. They can't wrap their minds around the fact that Sasha chose to enter the porn industry entirely of her own volition, and that her decisions did not stem from some kind of mental or emotional failing. Of course, Sasha's articulate rebuttals fall on deaf ears the whole time. It's not that victims in sex industries don't exist, but I'm so sick of people, women especially, trying to convince other women that they are innate victims just because they are selling their bodies. Stripping women of their autonomy and pounding victimhood in their heads isn't my idea of feminism. >:O
    Prostitution is down in Sweden because welfare went up
    should probably provide some rough views on this rather than simply an inflammatory link

1 - both the buying and the selling of sex as a service should be legal - with the caveat that the type of sex being sold should be legal within the geo-political framework in which the transaction is taking place.
    2 - it should be recognised that there are risks around exploitation and quasi- or real slavery inherent in this industry
    2a - it should be recognised that many industry participants are not being exploited
    3 - measures should be taken to address and reduce the exploitation risk
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    I'm so sick of people, women especially, trying to convince other women that they are innate victims just because they are selling their bodies. Stripping women of their autonomy and pounding victimhood in their heads isn't my idea of feminism. >:O

This statement broadly can be applied to blacks, the poor, the working class, or "the 99%" to form a basic critique of progressivism, minus the part about selling their bodies. Victimhood is pounded into the psyches of all of the downtrodden groups and that keeps them down more effectively than the discrimination itself.
    Right, I agree.

People should absolutely stand up to oppressive dominant attitudes and say fuck this shit, and not feel ashamed about speaking out. But there is a line between doing that and turning the tides so far that you've placed yourself into a perpetual victimized state of mind.

edit:
    I got into an argument with a feminist online once about whether women should or shouldn't be mindful of how much they drink at parties. I'm of the opinion that once a rape occurs, how much the girl drank, or really anything she did (unless it's evidence that she gave lucid consent) is completely 100% irrelevant and makes no difference in how the rapist should be treated. However... making personal decisions that you think will help your chances of staying safe, or imparting such wisdom on your loved ones, is not victim-blaming. It's only victim-blaming if you're blamed for your own rape after the fact. I got in such an argument with her, and she basically told me that girls who didn't drink a lot at these parties were allowing for other girls to be raped.. Something really fucking asinine like that. I might actually try to find it, even though it was on FB and might be near impossible. It was so profoundly dumb though. It was like literally everything I said was twisted into blaming women for rape, or making them more responsible than their rapists, or somehow responsible for the rape of other women. It was a constantly regenerating hydra of unconscionable stupidity.

This is also the same place where I got into an argument about whether BDSM was sexist and anti-feminist, and I had a dude tell me that I had internalized misogyny for thinking BDSM was ok, trying to tell me I was a bad feminist for it. Which is like.. hilarious on so many levels.
    Last edited by aubreymcfate; 11-10-2014 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    This statement broadly can be applied to blacks, the poor, the working class, or "the 99%" to form a basic critique of progressivism, minus the part about selling their bodies. Victimhood is pounded into the psyches of all of the downtrodden groups and that keeps them down more effectively than the discrimination itself.
    Yep yep yep

There are many examples of severely discriminated against groups who are today treated like first-class citizens, and I think it is entirely due to their rejection of victimhood