Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 177 of 420 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,275 of 31490
    Do you have sources on DEET not being liquid canceraids? Or its implementation being the lesser of two evils?
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    http://people.chem.duke.edu/~jds/cru...pestindex.html

There's a fairly unbiased account detailing both the harmful and helpful effects of ddt. The author never opined about whether it was just to ban the stuff, its just a scientific description.

The whole move to ban DDT (and some say the entire environmentalism movement) was started by a book called Silent Spring in 1962. It began this whole trend of describing chemicals as "toxic" or "nontoxic" and cultivating this fear of toxic materials that persists to this day. Basically nothing is toxic in and of itself, you have to know the concentration required for human harm. Pretty much everything on the planet is toxic if you have enough of it in your body, from cyanide to DDT to sodium to THC, it's just a matter of degree. The environmental movement refuses to acknowledge this gray area and attempts to ban anything which can be contrived to cause human harm under some extreme circumstance. Yeah probably people shouldn't have been putting DDT in water guns and spraying each other for fun, and yeah we probably shouldn't have cows grazing in a field that was just sprayed with the stuff. But the minor risk of getting a few milligrams of it into your fat cells (not nearly enough to have symptoms) was well worth the mega benefits this chemical provided.

It's possible that the trend of making it difficult to acquire these pesticides is responsible for over 200 million deaths in Africa due to malaria. I think that's probably an exaggeration, but its still pretty fucked up. The market for these chemicals has been subverted by regulation, and even though they're not banned everywhere, it has still greatly lowered the supply of them to a point where Africans can't afford to use them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_bed_bugs

This isn't affecting only Africans. Now bed-bugs are coming back in full force in America, and it's these environmentalists we have to thank. The EPA is making it so hard on the development of new pesticides that we have nothing to combat them effectively.
    Last edited by Renton; 01-18-2014 at 09:00 AM.
    Now this is someone with some serious artistic skill. He carved this out of fucking wood and then hand painted it!

http://www.viralnova.com/box-of-money/

Some days it feels like I've been standing forever, waiting for the bank teller to return so I can cash in all these Sklansky Bucks.
    I didn't believe it was a wood carving until I saw the production pics.

Amazing work both in carving and in painting.
    ^
    What an understatement.
    ^ worthy of a gopro camera. Unlike the unwashed, non-daredevil masses who are doing green and blue runs on their snowboards.
    Some days it feels like I've been standing forever, waiting for the bank teller to return so I can cash in all these Sklansky Bucks.
    I can't help but chuckle at the kids slowly winding down a blue run with a gopro, but at the same time...I can't say I wouldn't have done the same if I was a 13yr old growing up with today's tech.
    Nice.
    I just cooked a most amazing Pad kraphao moo. What was most amazing about it was that it tasted somewhat how I expected it to from eating it in Thailand, which is rare for me when cooking a foreign dish for the first time.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    has anyone here ever had impetigo?
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
    i wish i didnt google that

?wut
    lol yeah, it's a pretty gross infection. i have it all around my mouth and face (well, my dr thinks it's impetigo - if these antibiotics i'm on don't work who fucking knows, maybe it's some flesh eating disease eli roth made up). it's definitely nowhere near as nasty as the google pics though. if you search any infection on google you'll always get the absolute worst cases, like some huge block of cheese carved into someone's ass or something.

but it is pretty gross on me too. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post
    ^ Has my vote for best post in this thread, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    Times a brazillian

PS That google image of the assimpetigo was too much. Almost blue waffle-ish

PPS I'm sorry to hear about your condition, aubrey!
    Last edited by KoRnholio; 01-26-2014 at 12:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    This is kinda like a giant red button that I'm not supposed to press.
    I don't know when I stopped having any desire to follow up on nsfl content... probably around the time I watched a guy get raped to death by a horse, if I had to put my finger on it.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    I don't know when I stopped having any desire to follow up on nsfl content... probably around the time I watched a guy get raped to death by a horse, if I had to put my finger on it.
    Why would you do that to me?!!!
    I enjoy it.
    I enjoy it.
    Damn right.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Yes, in my teens I caught it once. It sucks.
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Livejournal

Splitting headache, fever, phlegm filled bronchial breath-ways... fucking viruses, man.

/Livejournal
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    unfortunately I don't think it's impetigo because the medication isn't doing shit. I think it's fungal.

That sucks Rilla. That shit's the worst. At least I can think straight with this mycology project plastered on my face. Feel better. :/
    Thanks. I found my... err... someone I know's Canadian codeine, so I'm feeling alright right now.
    Nice. I love opiates way too much. Oddly enough they help me focus a lot. Is that weird? People usually think so when I tell them that.
    You'd probably pass on these. Opiates by classification, yeah, but it's 8 mg codeine in 250 mg of tylenol.
    I actually was prescribed those recently - Tylenol with Codeine #3 - and yeah, I agree. There was a vague element of fun but mostly nausea and heaviness.

(actually mine def had way more than 8 mg of codeine, but yeah. meh. Vicodin ftw)
    Last edited by aubreymcfate; 01-27-2014 at 02:38 PM.

who am i kidding, i wasn't going to go outside anyway.
    what the actual fuck. where are you that it's -17??
    It's been colder here in ontario this winter, and I'm sure that kingnats in ND has had even colder than I.
    Even in Chicago we've had an inordinate number of days below zero. There were a few days where the windchill put us into the -30's. I can't fathom being any further north.
    what the actual fuck. where are you that it's -17??
    upper michigan. i can pretty much touch canada when i stretch in the morning.

my favorite part is when people on facebook say YEAH AND THEY THINK GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL LOL
    Dude, we've been having 20 degrees C at night around here. WTF

On one specific day it even dipped to 17. People were like OMG
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Toronto Ontario had 8 days of Cold weather alerts last year and we have had 14 already this year. Talking minus 20+ celsius and wind chills. That's like what Gmml is getting too.
    i'm in NYC and we had -15 wind chill a few weeks ago and it was like, The Biggest Deal.
    18 degrees here in mayberry

i found this picture of someone and had to post it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    Not really lifting. but I did start a sprint/jog routing, basketball, jump rope, hiit etc routine.

I plan to start lifting for the umpteenth time round March or so. Right now I'm focused to get down to the magic 220 LBS. I'm hovering around 280, I ballooned up to like 320+ not too long ago

American LBS btw jic
    270 today. One sec to double check that

yup, 270

people who haven't seen me in a long time have been asking me if I'm on things like Insanity and P90X. It's amazing what changes to diet and some cardio can do
    Last edited by Jack Sawyer; 01-30-2014 at 12:35 PM.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Pretty fucking random...

Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    It's been colder here in ontario this winter, and I'm sure that kingnats in ND has had even colder than I.
    We've been on a windchill advisory for pretty much the entire month of January. Here's the forecast...

At least it's sunny most of the days. That helps a lot.
    So you click their picture and then you get their money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    270 today. One sec to double check that

yup, 270

people who haven't seen me in a long time have been asking me if I'm on things like Insanity and P90X. It's amazing what changes to diet and some cardio can do
    good stuff. Hopefully you are taking progress pics/measurements etc. I have gone through quite a few transformations/de-transformations over the years and I always kind of wish I took some pics and still almost never do.
    I'm really confused because I think I like Lorde. Nothing like this has ever happened before. What do I do?
    Just let it run it's course. That song, Royals, is catchy, though, huh?

The thing is... the music is good, but the lyrics are clearly addressing teenage issues. Let that sink in and you'll lose interest in no time.

Unless you're the type that doesn't care about the lyrics. If so, you could get more mileage out of her than I did.
    Quote of the day:

Bigotry wrapped in a prayer is still bigotry.
    i hate snow.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    I love snow

Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Just let it run it's course. That song, Royals, is catchy, though, huh?

The thing is... the music is good, but the lyrics are clearly addressing teenage issues. Let that sink in and you'll lose interest in no time.

Unless you're the type that doesn't care about the lyrics. If so, you could get more mileage out of her than I did.
    I just listened to that and yah it's a neat arrangement... I'd still rather listen to whatever music the producer does when he's not trying to shovel money, but obviously there's a lot of talented people involved.
    If you want triphoppy mini pop that you don't have to feel bad about, give Lovage a try. Also Bonobo and the more recent Roots stuff (How I got over, Rising Down)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    But it isn't. Clearly you don't understand her like I do! My precious.

This is the good one. Engineered but catchy and she writes her own stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtdK_Y5iZnU
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    Quote of the day:

Bigotry wrapped in a prayer is still bigotry.
    Do you have an example of such a prayer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    good stuff. Hopefully you are taking progress pics/measurements etc. I have gone through quite a few transformations/de-transformations over the years and I always kind of wish I took some pics and still almost never do.

Good point, didn't really think about that. I'll start as soon as my new phone arrives. Could do it with the iPad as we'll but I'm kinda lazy to use it for whatever reason

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyLaRue View Post
    This is the good one. Engineered but catchy and she writes her own stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtdK_Y5iZnU
    It's not the kind of style that I really appreciate. Since I'm not so much into the music style, then the lyrics have to be exceptional to keep me interested. I think the lyrics in this song are OK, but they describe a simple emotion without the adult overtones of complexity and responsibility.

So... if the music was exceptional enough (I know that's perfectly subjective), maybe I could let the simplicity of the lyrics slide. If the lyrics were exceptional, then I can appreciate a very simple musical arrangement.

Also, the drop in this song sounds too similar to the drop in her song "tennis court".
    my dad said he's going to pray for me after i completely came out as being bisexual.
    i said no thanks, im okay.

obviously he's against the idea that two people of the same gender can be together and it be a healthy and a deep emotional relationship. they're all just sinning against god and blah blah blah.
    If you're looking for a prayer you're missing the point.
    Dear Jesus please do not let me get robbed by these niggas.
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyLaRue View Post

Last edited by oskar; 02-04-2014 at 03:42 AM.

I know this is old-ish, but I had such a hearty and healthy, open-mouthed, unabashed laugh at this that I figured I'd share it.
    also super random: my cousin is running for mayor of Athens.
    In general, I hate Worldstar. It's modern day mandingo fighting, and I find it appalling that such a site can have so much media presence.

That being said, that video was pretty great. It would have been ok if the guy just got his ass whooped, but it wasn't even that. The other guy didn't white knight an escalation of violence, he only got out of his seat and got physical when the other guy moved to attack him-- and even then, while he clearly could have whooped his ass, he only put holds on him to restrain him and ask "are you done?" That's pretty fucking stand-up.
    I have the flu and move in day is tomorrow.
    dis is some bullshit yo
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    In general, I hate Worldstar. It's modern day mandingo fighting, and I find it appalling that such a site can have so much media presence.

That being said, that video was pretty great. It would have been ok if the guy just got his ass whooped, but it wasn't even that. The other guy didn't white knight an escalation of violence, he only got out of his seat and got physical when the other guy moved to attack him-- and even then, while he clearly could have whooped his ass, he only put holds on him to restrain him and ask "are you done?" That's pretty fucking stand-up.
    Looked more like a take-down to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    The fact that this thread had 13,200some posts just completely blows my mind.
    Lakers beat the Cavs tonight. At the end of the game, the Lakers had 5 on the court, NO bench, and a guy on the court fouls out (but can stay in the game but that and every foul thereafter becomes a personal + technical)

Cavs lost, but that is a forgone conclusion at this point.

Picture is worth a thousand words: http://i.imgur.com/Jepn2lD.jpg
    Truer words..

Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    Dear Jesus please do not let me get robbed by these niggas.
    heh, wp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpUVot-4GPM

Some feel-good science. Whether it bears any truth or not, it's a beautiful and thought provoking idea.
    Hey if you guys haven't seen that new show Rick and Morty, it is seriously the funniest cartoon I have seen in a very long time.
    Went to my first vinyl records show today. Nice people but not the best smelling crowd.
    Hey if you guys haven't seen that new show Rick and Morty, it is seriously the funniest cartoon I have seen in a very long time.
    wufwugy's been telling me about that show, saying pretty much the same thing. i saw the first ep - it's definitely very funny.

today a chameleon nestled itself into my hair and chilled there (at a few points literally hanging on to my hair alone, dangling) for hours. and now i'm pretty sure i need to get a reptile and let it live in my hair and walk around like a badass 24/7.
    wufwugy's been telling me about that show, saying pretty much the same thing. i saw the first ep - it's definitely very funny.

today a chameleon nestled itself into my hair and chilled there (at a few points literally hanging on to my hair alone, dangling) for hours. and now i'm pretty sure i need to get a reptile and let it live in my hair and walk around like a badass 24/7.
    This wanton fraternizing with exotic creatures may explain the face lesions.

This cannot be stressed enough.
    New episode airs today.

This cannot be stressed enough.
    New episode airs today.
    yeeeeeersssssssssss
    Some girl I know from high school just posted a "every exit is a start" stupid motivational poster thing. It is taking ALLLLLLLLL my restraint not to comment ANAL SEX
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    Some girl I know from high school just posted a "every exit is a start" stupid motivational poster thing. It is taking ALLLLLLLLL my restraint not to comment ANAL SEX
    do it. screenshot.
    the bigred i know shows no restraint. i know this i bribed him $10 to stfu for 10 mins

?wut