Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

Security breach at PartyPoker, any advise welcome

Default Security breach at PartyPoker, any advise welcome

Hello,

The last 2 days, while playing at Party, i got the error message "you have logged in from another computer, this session will be terminated"
    I called the VIP support first time i got that and they asked me to change my password, which i did, and see if it solved the issue.
    2nd day i got the EM I called them again and they asked me to change my PW again and do a server reset in case my ISP was changing my IP from time to time and that was causing the problem.
    Until then, nothing was wrong with my account, no money missing or anything, just the EM that closed my session.
    This morning i woke up and logged in. As i logged in a table opened up with the message "welcome back". It was a 4/8 LHE table (i never play that high) and i was in the middle of a hand.
    I immediately changed my pw for the third time and called support. There were more than 1k$ missing from my account.
    They are now "investigating" the issue.

Any advise (legal or otherwise) would be welcome.

For security the pc is always running 2 antivirus programs (AVP and Norton), a firewall, and I periodically scan the pc with adware/spyware removal progs such as Ad-Aware.

Thank you
    keylogger?
    theres another thread here about downloading somekind of PokerTracking software, which was in fact a keylogger. have you recently done that?
    3 3 3 I'm only half evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhappy333
    keylogger?
    theres another thread here about downloading somekind of PokerTracking software, which was in fact a keylogger. have you recently done that?
    I've thought about that, but i havent installed anything lately... :/
    have party freeze the account till you oslve the issue. Cashouts won't help and will give more info to the hack.
    The account has been blocked, Party has analysed all actions and recovered 900+$ from a clear case of dumping.
    I have gone to the police with this and have the ip addresses and times of connections of the hijackers.
    They will be sending me the screenname of the dumping receiver shortly.
    I will post it here for all to see and if anyone knows anything about this person, please contact me.
    Party has banned this person and the ip addresses implicated from access to any of their sites/apps.

cheers
    Have you recently been contacted via IM by anyone you didn't know?
    wow a good result in the end

But seriously I've had enough of these dickheads and I'm getting uber-paranoid here...
    3k post - Return of the blog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpe
    Have you recently been contacted via IM by anyone you didn't know?
    Nope, but i dont use much IM

Default Re: Security breach at PartyPoker, any advise welcome

Quote Originally Posted by asdpikas
    For security the pc is always running 2 antivirus programs (AVP and Norton), a firewall, and I periodically scan the pc with adware/spyware removal progs such as Ad-Aware.
    This won't pick up a keylogger. I'd reformat to be safe.
    What Country are you in? And the Police are willing to help?
    3 3 3 I'm only half evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhappy333
    What Country are you in? And the Police are willing to help?
    Belgium. Yes, there is a special brigade for online, IT fraud.
    They are willing to help. Wether anything will be accomplished is another matter.
    Let us know what the country of origin of these guys is.
    the user id used to dump the money into was az9510159
    the ip addresses used when connecting were:

those are belgian ips from the Antwerpen region