Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

Question about FTP points and rakeback

Default Question about FTP points and rakeback

Anyone know exactly how spending FTP points affects rakeback? Also, does everything involving the points affect my rb like satellites and stuff?
    Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.
    Every point you spend on merchandise deducts $0.005 (1/2 a cent) from your MGR that month. So if you buy an iPod touch for 100,000 points (or whatever they cost) your MGR takes a $500 hit. Since you get 27% of your MGR back in rakeback, your RB takes a $135 hit. If you don't make that much in RB in a given month, most affiliates don't carry a negative balance over to the next month. So it's best to make big points purchases in months you aren't playing very much. I don't know the answer to your second question for sure, but I would guess that any way in which you spend your points will affect your MGR and RB.
    thanks zook. i guess i will email ftp and ask how satellites affect it, and i'll post their answer here.
    Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.
    At the end of one month I used up all my FTPs on sats for those $26 tokens, and I still got all the RB I was expecting.

Admittedly I wasn't paying that close of attention, but I was expecting $200 RB and got around that. I would imagine that using up basically all my FTPs woulda had SOME noticeable impact on my RB if it was going to.

But yeah...take this anecdote with a grain of salt cause I wasn't paying that much attention, but I certainly would have noticed if I didn't get the $200 RB I was expecting...