Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

$10 NL Help with odds

Default $10 NL Help with odds

I call pf hoping for overcalls behind. On the flop I have OESD and flush draw so 15 outs assuming they are all good. These tables tend towards weak tightness post flop so I use semi-bluffs a lot hence my raise, but have I just turned my hand into trash or do I still have the odds to proceed? With 15 outs I think I'm about 3-1 to hit my hand on the next card and the pot is $9 and I have to call $4 so it's offering me a bit more than 2-1? But if I hit can I assume I get my last $3.30 in and paid? In which case the pot is really $12 and calling $4 means 3-1 odds so I can call right? Sorry I know this is basic but I want to make sure I'm working these things out correctly. Also how is my play in this hand?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

UTG ($12.85)
    Hero ($9.70)
    MP1 ($10.55)
    MP2 ($28.75)
    CO ($12.05)
    Button ($2.40)
    SB ($15.80)
    BB ($6.40)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 6, 7.
    UTG raises to $0.4, Hero calls $0.40, 6 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 8, 9, Q (2 players)
    UTG bets $0.7, Hero raises to $2, UTG raises to $6, Hero ???
    Must get more aggressive - Tonight we dine in $25NL! rah rah rah! etc
    go all in.
    all in
    Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.
    Well it was more my interpretation of the pot odds and implied odds I wanted to check, but ok go all in. I guess that allows me to see all the cards and should make me only a slight dog which is compensated for by the money already in the pot?
    Must get more aggressive - Tonight we dine in $25NL! rah rah rah! etc
    I fold preflop Unless the table is inbelieveably passive.
    Check out the new blog!!!
    if he has two unpaired cards higher than yours you're a 2:1 or less fav. if he has a pair higher than your cards you're approximately a QQ vs AK preflop fav. if he has a pair and a jack or two pair you're approximately a AK vs QQ dog. if he has a set, straight, or bigger spades you're about a 2:1 dog.

fold preflop. SCs and being OOP tends to be garbage in NL. however, they're good if opps pay off postflop with garbage. your semibluff not working suggests opp has a good hand. on this board there are many good hands, many that hurt you.

as you played, maybe push maybe fold. your draw is not as good as it looks.