Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

QQ from the blinds, 25nl

Default QQ from the blinds, 25nl

25nl zoom hand. Had a nice little stack going after a 3 hour session and was starting to feel a bit tired and thinking of calling it quits when this hand popped up.
    Total AF from the SB is 2, and I'd seen him call a lot of junk on 2b from blinds before (T7o etc). Which only makes me wonder if he called the 3b with a random Tx? I can't really put him on air with a lowish AF and him mostly calling stuff down I don't think.

Questions;
    1) Raise to $4 preflop instead of $3?
    2) Check behind turn and play river?
    3) Fold turn definitely correct play?

PokerStars - $0.25 NL FAST - Holdem - 9 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 125.12 BB (VPIP: 15.12, PFR: 10.46, 3Bet Preflop: 3.34, Hands: 1,871)
    SB: 148.36 BB (VPIP: 17.39, PFR: 9.30, 3Bet Preflop: 1.46, Hands: 354)
    Hero (BB): 365.32 BB
    UTG: 702.88 BB (VPIP: 13.10, PFR: 7.87, 3Bet Preflop: 1.99, Hands: 2,073)
    UTG+1: 129.36 BB (VPIP: 14.20, PFR: 11.48, 3Bet Preflop: 5.26, Hands: 524)
    MP: 135.4 BB (VPIP: 10.87, PFR: 7.61, 3Bet Preflop: 2.78, Hands: 94)
    MP+1: 171.36 BB (VPIP: 26.51, PFR: 18.79, 3Bet Preflop: 4.67, Hands: 340)
    MP+2: 192.52 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 20.51, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 40)
    CO: 42.16 BB (VPIP: 25.64, PFR: 12.82, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 40)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q Q

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, SB calls 2.6 BB, Hero raises to 12 BB, fold, SB calls 9 BB

Flop: (27 BB, 2 players) T 3 T
    SB checks, Hero bets 20 BB, SB calls 20 BB

Turn: (67 BB, 2 players) 2
    SB checks, Hero bets 30 BB, SB raises to 116.36 BB and is all-in
    1) Sizing is OK IMO.
    2) No. Villain is stationy and definitely has worse hands that are calling. Vbetting turn and river(not too large bets) is optimal I think.
    3) Yes, you´re behind when he raises.
    Quote Originally Posted by ISF
    Getting good at poker is like that scene in the matrix where Neo suddenly sees that everyone is just a bunch of structured numbers and then he starts bending those numbers in really weird ways.
    ^ agree on all points.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Not sure you're behind yet.
    I don't know these limits, but I would not be surprised to see villain with a flush draw and 1-2 overcards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Uggla View Post
    Not sure you're behind yet.
    I don't know these limits, but I would not be surprised to see villain with a flush draw and 1-2 overcards.
    Look at the action Preflop + Flop, do you really think he has those hands in his range?
    Quote Originally Posted by ISF
    Getting good at poker is like that scene in the matrix where Neo suddenly sees that everyone is just a bunch of structured numbers and then he starts bending those numbers in really weird ways.
    Value betting river seems a little thin to me. One of those spots though where I'm probably too nitty.

Pre sizing seems fine. You don't want to go too large as you should have some bluffs in this spot and you'll want a reasonable price on those.

Flop and turn seem fine. There should be some value to be had on the turn from small/medium pp and villain shouldn't have too much 10x in his range given pre-flop action.

Turn is an easy fold as played.
    I think were leaving out the fact that hero is squeezing. CO attempts steal, SB calls steal, BB squeezes knowing CO could be opening light, CO folds cuz he was stealing and SB says call even though im OOP.

What hands does SB flat to a steal?

S.C.s, low-mid PPs, and suited broadways.

What does villain put us on?

99+, Ax broadway combos.

What is SBs resteal flatting range?

Im going to guess PPs and hands like JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s. You said he called with T7o so i think hes prob the type to put every reraiser on AK and just play fit or fold postflop.

Does villain think that our range hits the flop?

Probably not if hes the type to assume reraiser have AK.

Is he capable of making a play at us based on his assumptions of our range?

This is where notes come in handy. I dont villain will know that when he repops the turn with 66 hes going to be value owning himself.

So what is villains turn range?

44-99,JTs,T9s, maybe slowplayed JJ. 33 and 22 as well.

Im on my phone so i cant write out the math and ranges but thats my thoughts.
    I like your thinking acg, but this dude is 17/9, I'm not convinced he's skillful enough to be exploting our range. I think he has trips/boat and assumes we don't fold an overpair, that's much more likely to be 17/9 thought process.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    this dude is 17/9, I'm not convinced he's skillful enough to be exploting our range
    good point. plus its full ring so idk, ive been playing 6max only pretty much for a year and theyre night and day it seems. in 6max this is not a bad call OTT imo. I forget sometimes how tight ranges are in FR though. which reminds me how much I like 6max
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get." ~ courtesy of my fortune cookie from china king

"One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read in this forum was three words long...

bet fucking fold." Ong
    Great thoughts acg.

I definitely thought he was the type to play fit/fold poker and his range of PPs, 67o/s+, KT+ is probably. He only 3b AA and played KK passively before so I think he has a large calling range which hit the flop. That's why I was wondering about the turn check after calling flop - there's no draws and if he's fit/fold and not too imaginative otherwise, I'm not sure if a turn bet has value (although I can't discount that he has overcards and just wants to see a turn, I'm not sure how many combos he has that call flop and fold turn though)

On the turn, I didn't think he would reraise me on a draw, even with overcards as outs as he seems the type of player to call on a FD and I felt very behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by settecba View Post
    Look at the action Preflop + Flop, do you really think he has those hands in his range?
    yes I do, plus combos acg described
    KK and AA would have yelled at us pre- or post-flop, Tx or 33 is bad luck
    he's calling pre , check calling flop and check shoving turn ....looks like a set to me