Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

Newbie ITM Question For Re-entry Tourneys

Default Newbie ITM Question For Re-entry Tourneys

Is it possible to buy-in to a unlimited e-entry MTT (not R/A) that is ITM and thus be on a freeroll of sorts with a short stack? These MTT have re-entry capability up to level 15 or level 25 in deep stack tourneys. I could have sworn that more places paid than were players left last night before late entry was up. I just want to know is such a soft structure was possible or was I mistaken? Have you ever heard of such a thing? Thank You.
    This phrase is usually long over before you're close to being ITM. I'm not so sure it'd matter what the ruling was it would matter what the software says is ok or not. Why didn't you try and enter?
    No one said I didn't enter. I was ITM. But I didn't realize level was only 23, but you were supposed to be able to re-enter until 25. I wasn't sure if I was mistaken, as it was later before I thought about the ramifications. Thought maybe I remembered the facts wrong. So I wondered if anyone had ever seen this happen in a MTT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcash2 View Post
    No one said I didn't enter. I was ITM. But I didn't realize level was only 23, but you were supposed to be able to re-enter until 25. I wasn't sure if I was mistaken, as it was later before I thought about the ramifications. Thought maybe I remembered the facts wrong. So I wondered if anyone had ever seen this happen in a MTT.
    I assumed you didn't enter because if you did you'd have the information that you needed to know the answer. Your poker tracker doesn't track the number of entrants in a tournament or the amount of places paid?

I find it hard to think that it does because if you pay 20 places and the 20th person is eliminated then another person joins taking that number up to 20 what happens to the prize money? But I do not know.
    I would think you couldn't enter by that point, but I've never seen it or tested it. Normally, the poker rooms can accurately predict the number of runners and the bust out rate and alter the late reg accordingly. Typically, at least 40% of the field is left when late reg closes.

Satellites can be interesting in this sense. If you're lucky and there's 20 tickets say, you may get 21-25 registering that bust down to 20 before the late reg players sit in. Then you all get a ticket within a few minutes.
    I have seen some re-entry tourneys stop allowing re-entries when there are only as many players remaining as prizes paid.
    For example, if there are 63 prizes paid and 63 players remain, re-entry is turned off for the remainder of the tournament.

So many times in these unlimited reentry tourneys if there is a 63 prize field, 63 pays out less than your entry fee. For example re-entries are $1. Position 45 through 63 get paid 28 cents. You may re-enter 4 times for a total of $4 and find out you need to final table to make back a dollar.
    It takes 2 years to learn to talk, but a lifetime to learn when to shut up.
    My understanding is that the prize pools for rentry games aren't even determined until late reg has closed, that it will always be a smaller number than the number of entrants at cut-off point.

I have no idea how sats work where there's say 20 tickets guaranteed. I'd imagine at stars they will close registration early at a certain point, but that's a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Yes you can still enter into the tournament. What happen was that a great amount of players was knocked out before the registration period ended.