Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

TALK ABOUT A DOWN-SWING LOL

Default TALK ABOUT A DOWN-SWING LOL

Hi, i never before had any interest in forums like this as i read advanced poker books and play low stakes poker cash games i use pokertracker as i think it is a amazing tool to gather info on other players although i still use my own judgement. But recentley i have played 3000 hands and in that time i had about 9 ALL-INS of witch i lost all of them and practicley all the little pots lost too, it just seemed every time i got dealt a monster (any monster sinario i aim to get heads up) someone eles had a bigger monster by the end after ever hand i was just sayin WOW and again time and time again WOOOOW... I play to win money so if i flop a set or top pair top kicker i.e AK heads up im going to bet it!! i really need help here but not sure if any help is avalable unless i get told to second guess myself when i get re-raised post flop with KK.. Such a shame i love poker but seems the poker GOD`s favour other people more
    Poker can be brutal sometimes and there's nothing we can help you with about being unlucky. Why don't you post a few hands that you're unsure if you played optimally?

These Gods you speak of have no influence on anything that happens at the poker table, so you need to get out of this deluded state before you will be able to apply any advice given to you effectively.
    passion rules reason, unfortunately.
    Every christmas I kidnap a small child with a bright future and sacrifice them to the poker gods. I'm also running at 55% ROI for the year. Coincidence?
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    your just that much closer to the happy side of variance
    In light of the recent events in CT I would like to clarify that my above post is only a half truth.
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    micro i am anything but deluded my last 4 hands as a example 1. AK(std) v A7(off) flop comes 7,6,A no king follows... hand 2. AK again vs AJ first card out J no K follows... 3. im holding AA vs A4 flop is A,5,3 (gr8)!! turn is 4 riv 2 unbelievable i checked this one out and he had a 3.1% chance to win but my personal favourate was my holding 77 flop comes 7,7,4 and you will be shocked to hear i won the hand hehe only kidding i lost to a straight flush now you probably think im just a moaner but these bad beats was in one tournament and busted with my quads 2 places from payment now you still think this crap is in my head??? if you do thats just insaine,,, i now believe certain pple in life are just natually more lucky than others just SUCKS as i love poker :~#
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsounluckyinpoker View Post
    you still think this crap is in my head???

i now believe certain pple in life are just natually more lucky than others
    hmmmmmm
    you dont think mod ??
    micro i am anything but deluded my last 4 hands as a example 1. AK(std) v A7(off) flop comes 7,6,A no king follows... hand 2. AK again vs AJ first card out J no K follows... 3. im holding AA vs A4 flop is A,5,3 (gr8)!! turn is 4 riv 2 unbelievable i checked this one out and he had a 3.1% chance to win but my personal favourate was my holding 77 flop comes 7,7,4 and you will be shocked to hear i won the hand hehe only kidding i lost to a straight flush now you probably think im just a moaner but these bad beats was in one tournament and busted with my quads 2 places from payment now you still think this crap is in my head??? if you do thats just insaine,,, i now believe certain pple in life are just natually more lucky than others just SUCKS as i love poker :~#
    How is that unbelievable? I want a thorough explanation on how it's unbelievable that AK lost to A7 and AK lost to AJ. Were you all in preflop or was their postflop play? Your explanation about what actually went down in these hands is so poorly constructed that my original conclusion of you being deluded still stands.
    You're saying all these hands happened in one tournament - your sample size is tiny. You think no one ever receives bad beats? There's nothing special about your "story". The sooner you realise that, the faster you'll be able to get better at poker
    Imo you have 2 choices. You can realize that luck has nothing to do with poker and start posting viable questions that will help you become better or you can stop playing poker and never post here again.

If you choose the former I suggest posting your questions in the beginners circle and reading http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ng-191378.html and http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...pm-123008.html before you post.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    supa i find that quite insulting that your refereing me to the beginners circle as i have been playing for 6 years and studied for the last two reading books such as super system and harrington on holdem my play is very good and i only bust with the better hand every time except for the odd occation of bad play (which everyone from time to time makes)... and pascal does every player recieve a PERMANENT badbeat?? i hardly ever run good and like i said busting with the best but i see mods here are very judgmentle and not open minded to the possability that the luck i talk of is actually unbelievable so i will take your advice and make this my last post.. OH and for your info i took 3 test one was called a donkey test witch i scored 89% (few years ago) and another two symulation test one for a ten seater sit and go of whitch i rated better than 92% of other people that took the test and the other i was seated at the final table of a tourny and was better than 94% of others that took the test comeing 1st in both.... BUT WHATEVER HEY IM JUST SHIT!!!!
    supa i find that quite insulting that your refereing me to the beginners circle as i have been playing for 6 years and studied for the last two reading books such as super system and harrington on holdem my play is very good and i only bust with the better hand every time except for the odd occation of bad play (which everyone from time to time makes)... and pascal does every player recieve a PERMANENT badbeat?? i hardly ever run good and like i said busting with the best but i see mods here are very judgmentle and not open minded to the possability that the luck i talk of is actually unbelievable so i will take your advice and make this my last post.. OH and for your info i took 3 test one was called a donkey test witch i scored 89% (few years ago) and another two symulation test one for a ten seater sit and go of whitch i rated better than 92% of other people that took the test and the other i was seated at the final table of a tourny and was better than 94% of others that took the test comeing 1st in both.... BUT WHATEVER HEY IM JUST SHIT!!!!
    Here's a question for you: If you actually believe that you are somehow cursed with bad luck, and that's a very real phenomenon -- why would you ever play a game that involves luck?

Furthermore, why would you spend time trying to convince people on a poker forum that you're cursed, instead of just abstaining from games that the supposed luck gods clearly don't want you to win at?

Sigh, I think i'll just assume troll and feel bad for feeding, as usual.
    No offense but players who play high stakes don't use terms or examples like you do. You reference 3,000 hands and 9 all ins like it's a big sample, and the same with these simulation/donkey tests - they don't mean anything.

Even if you are good, which I don't think anyone has even said you aren't, the Beginners' Circle isn't just for beginners - it's for any cash stakes 25NL or below. We just assumed you played lower than that. If you do play 25NL or below, post hands. Even if you're a great player, you'll still have spots you find tough surely? And we can help with those.
    So the latter it is then. Good day sir.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    man it took me way too long to realize this is a troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro2Macro View Post
    wtf you play poker for a living?

This is why I ban first and let them bitch after.
    Weak posting game jyms
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketfours View Post
    wtf you play poker for a living?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    concentration name off the game,
    The penny dropped with me when he said he lost AA vs A4 and there was a straight on the board. I wanted to stop reading right there, but it's like trying not to look at a car crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    The penny dropped with me when he said he lost AA vs A4 and there was a straight on the board. I wanted to stop reading right there, but it's like trying not to look at a car crash.
    Yeah it's hard to stop. But just in case it's tl:dr for future readers, here's the cliffs on OP's posts:

Hi...practicley....monster sinario...WOOOOW...now you probably think im just a moaner...if you do thats just insaine...test witch i scored 89%.... BUT WHATEVER HEY IM JUST SHIT!!!!
    downswingament!!
    I would have had more sympathy for this bump if you were a spambot acting according to robotic procedures.
    we'll it sounds like (with out more info) it is your mental game that is the problem , not being able to fold big hands when you know you are beat (or don't even care your beat because you got top pair best kicker) google some poker psycology may help !
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsatin View Post
    we'll it sounds like (with out more info) it is your mental game that is the problem , not being able to fold big hands when you know you are beat (or don't even care your beat because you got top pair best kicker) google some poker psycology may help !
    Seriously? Look at the date of the OP.
    Lmfao my bad Imsavy been working 15 hour shifts lol

Default downswings are no fun

just keep working on your game and the sunny side of variance before you know it

gl
    you have to know how to holdem and the time to foldem
    Quote Originally Posted by morrocanwave View Post
    Some days it feels like I've been standing forever, waiting for the bank teller to return so I can cash in all these Sklansky Bucks.
    Thank-you so much for that. Without this insane thread bump I would've never come across this insightful tidbit of information ... a seemingly small bit of info. but something that could make a massive difference to my bottomline.

Also enjoyed reading joker's comment > "concentration name off the game" What did Mr.Concentration do to be removed from the game? or did they unreg. on their own accord?
    you have to know when to walk away, and the time to run cuz you really should not count your money when you are seated at a poker table as there is enough of the time to count the money when the dealer is done.
    ^ rofl dozer
    should be that much closer to the sunnyside of variance
    yep, keep your head up. The variance part of this game sucks, but just keep getting your chips in good and sooner or later it'll turn around
    let's just keep bumping this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by eugmac View Post
    LOL 55% ROI, those were the days.

Also, I cannot believe we have got this far without a picture of a child, with downs syndrome, in a swing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luco View Post
    LOL 55% ROI, those were the days.

Also, I cannot believe we have got this far without a picture of a child, with downs syndrome, in a swing.
    Here...

ongies gonna ong
    the down syndrome guy has nothing to do with the stupidity of this thread though????
    the down syndrome guy has nothing to do with the stupidity of this thread though????
    Nope, just a witty play on the thread title.
    oh.
    oh.
    I didn't get it either, but I wanted to post a pic of a retard on a swing.
    ongies gonna ong

Thumbs down About downswing

I'll tell you that a downswing can be there for more than 3000 hands... it can be happening for months. I you really want to win some money start by playing against easier opponents. Whaf you described that when you have a monster someone else has a bigger monster brings me in mind the moments I used to play against very tight opponents that they always had pocket Aces when I was raising with Kings or Queens, the truth is that they didn't have aces always but human mind tends to remember big losses and not small pots tha we took when everyone folded to our raise. So when the a rock 3bets get out of his way, and try to steal smaller pots from him... People may not realize this but I found that there are two kind of players at low stakes, the fishes and the sharks... the guys who play for fun and the ultra tight ones that wait for the nuts to get paid. The best strategy is to avoid the sharks and hunt the fishes and of cource play different against everyone. A software is a must, I use Holdem manager 2 but many of them are good. You can't have tells though internet, only statisticks so stick with that. Also try to play tables with big VPIP and play aggressive, I think this is the most important!

I tell you again and remember that so you don't get frustrated, 3000 hands are not enough, I play more than 500 per day multitabling and I can tell you for sure that someone can suffer bad beats for a much longer time. Just trust your game and avoid players that have beat you consistently.
    derp
    ongies gonna ong