Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 251 of 420 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 18,751 to 18,825 of 31490
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    what was it??
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Isn't the religious fundamentalism and the outright bigotry kind of off putting?
    I would like to add some things.

I have found that the political left, nanny-statism, collectivism (whatever you want to call it), is full of people that are far more bigoted than the religious right. Baked into Christian philosophy is the idea that people need to be allowed to make their own choices and are responsible for their own actions. Tolerance has always been a cult of Protestant Christianity, albeit not held up perfectly all the time. The same cannot be said for the political left. Anybody who doesn't march in step with the left orthodoxy is a pariah. Anybody who has an opinion that differs from left dogma is a bigot. Anybody who isn't symbiotic with left culture is unwashed and of meager intelligence. The left's ideological roots are in absolute violence, stoicism, and conformity.

Christians get unwarranted bad rap for defending religious liberty. The framers of the constitution did not do enough to defend liberty, and many of the various aspects of individual liberty only have constitutional power in the context of religion. This makes Christianity look like the enemy, since it's mainly for religious beliefs that people are allowed some power to not be forced to do things they don't want to. The left then points at Christians for not wanting to be forced to do things they believe to be morally wrong and calls them scum. Holding to your own personal values is far less wrong than forcing everybody to hold your values.

In a game of acceptance of others between Christians and the left, Christians win hands down. During my youth, I attended a church with the slogan "Come as you are, you will be loved". This concept is antithetical to the left. Social justice requires conformity and intolerance. I have known many Christians, many of whom are today atheists, and one thing they all share, regardless of religious affiliation, is that they listen to and respect others no matter to what degree they disagree. This is probably the case because Protestantism is based on the belief that every person's relationship with their god is a personal one. They are also a cultural minority with many sects that do not see eye to eye. For the most part, they know the danger of social justice because they are often the ones who grab the short stick. The left is founded on social justice and it labels people as moral only when they're stoics who give themselves up for the greater good of blanket egalitarianism and equality of outcomes.

That isn't to say that there aren't some batshit Christians. I've known some of those too. The thing is their stupidity is the driver, not their religion. I wouldn't defend everything Christianity does (I dislike a good deal of it), but if I'm playing marry fuck kill with a Mormon, leftist, and jihadist, I'm marrying the Mormon.
    Last edited by wufwugy; 08-04-2015 at 09:57 PM.
    ^^ reminds me of this excerpt from Salon's recent 3 part interview with Camille Paglia that I thought was super interesting:

"I’m speaking here as an atheist. I don’t believe there is a God, but I respect every religion deeply. All the great world religions contain a complex system of beliefs regarding the nature of the universe and human life that is far more profound than anything that liberalism has produced. We have a whole generation of young people who are clinging to politics and to politicized visions of sexuality for their belief system. They see nothing but politics, but politics is tiny. Politics applies only to society. There is a huge metaphysical realm out there that involves the eternal principles of life and death. The great tragic texts, including the plays of Aeschylus and Sophocles, no longer have the central status they once had in education, because we have steadily moved away from the heritage of western civilization.

The real problem is a lack of knowledge of religion as well as a lack of respect for religion. I find it completely hypocritical for people in academe or the media to demand understanding of Muslim beliefs and yet be so derisive and dismissive of the devout Christian beliefs of Southern conservatives.

But yes, the sneering is ridiculous! Exactly what are these people offering in place of religion? In my system, I offer art–and the whole history of spiritual commentary on the universe. There’s a tremendous body of nondenominational insight into human life that used to be called cosmic consciousness. It has to be remembered that my generation in college during the 1960s was suffused with Buddhism, which came from the 1950s beatniks. Hinduism was in the air from every direction–you had the Beatles and the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Ravi Shankar at Monterey, and there were sitars everywhere in rock music. So I really thought we were entering this great period of religious syncretism, where the religions of the world were going to merge. But all of a sudden, it disappeared! The Asian religions vanished–and I really feel sorry for young people growing up in this very shallow environment where they’re peppered with images from mass media at a particularly debased stage.

There are no truly major stars left, and I don’t think there’s much profound work being done in pop culture right now. Young people have nothing to enlighten them, which is why they’re clinging so much to politicized concepts, which give them a sense of meaning and direction."
    Last edited by aubreymcfate; 08-04-2015 at 10:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post
    what was it??
    Some Ronda Rousey fight. Unfortunately they're not up in HQ for long. There are some awesome women in UFC right now. I love Rose Namajunas. She looks like a Celvin Klein model and she just murders.

Last edited by oskar; 08-05-2015 at 01:32 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    yeah! her flying armbar was so awesome (and her ensuing celebratory spaz out was adorable)

Women's MMA is cute.
    wmma can be great. joanna jedrejczyk easily new fave. all reasonable people can get behind chicks throwing down.

that said, the worst 125 pound man on the roster mops the floor with ronda..
    At least one of them is getting the firm hand they deserve for wandering out of the kitchen.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Women's MMA is like watching two five year olds have a fight. They run up to each other, hug and fall over.

On a more serious note, the head of MADD got popped for drunk driving. Go ahead and insert your own spoonism here. I don't really need to say anything since it speaks for itself.
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 08-05-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    Also, goddamn what a woman:

Came across this little parable called the 6 blind men and the elephant. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_men_and_an_elephant

Basically, six blind men are tasked with figuring out what the elephant was by having each one touch a different part of the elephant. Naturally, all 6 of their stories conflicted while each man knew exactly what he felt but disagreed robustly with everyone else.

In some versions, they stop talking, start listening and collaborate to "see" the full elephant. When a sighted man walks by and sees the entire elephant all at once, the blind men also learn they are all blind. While one's subjective experience is true, it may not be the totality of truth. If the sighted man was deaf, he would not hear the elephant bellow.

Thought it was pretty slick.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    I'm genuinely surprised that you didn't know about that already.
    Nah, just came across it in an explanation of Ruby on Rails. I think I'm pretty well read, but I've never come across it (or I did and didn't care about it at the time).
    Quick question

Imagine that you are standing outside a field. You see, within it, what looks exactly like a sheep. You now believe that there is a sheep in the field. And in fact you are right, because there is a sheep behind the hill in the middle of the field. You cannot see that sheep, though, and you have no direct evidence of its existence. Moreover, what you are seeing is a dog, which looks very much like a sheep by the distance (perhaps maybe even disguised as a sheep for whatever reason a dog might find itself as such). Hence, you have a well justified true belief that there is a sheep in the field. But do you know a sheep is in the field?

---

It used to be that knowledge was defined as justified true beliefs, then some guy named Gettier published a 2 and a half page paper with a story similar to that and it basically uncorked philosopher's understanding of knowledge. The 6 dudes on the elephant made me go dig it back up.
    Last edited by a500lbgorilla; 08-05-2015 at 07:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    At least one of them is getting the firm hand they deserve for wandering out of the kitchen.
    galapogos/kiwimark level posting
    I wasn't being entirely serious and wasn't really looking to step deep into a discussion about religion. Oops.

I don't really have a problem with religious folk. Most of them are good, kind people. I have a problem with the principles of religion, ie the all seeing god judging you and deciding if you go to heaven or not. Ramming this thought process into people's daily lives is brainwashing, simple as. Religion has been used by the powers that be for millenia, to fight wars and control the masses. This wouldn't be possible if the people weren't brainwashed, if the people realised that actually they all sort of believe the same thing, and actually it's a crock of crap and all they really need to do is follow the one commandment that atheists tend to follow... don't be a cunt.

I dunno about the left in America, but here the left is largely made up of sprout eaters and tree huggers. I don't think bigotry is an issue for them. I mean yeah there's the militant vegans and the animal rights army, but they're a minority and they aren't important. The religious nutjobs might be a minority too, but they're in a very powerful position, they are important.

I'm assuming the jihadist is female and Arabic? Fuck. Marry. Fuck. The other two can just fuck off.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Brits are far too proper to have an extreme left problem.

More seriously, the thorn in the side of the US is slavery. The equality movement has been co-opted by some who saw the incredible power to be had in its divisiveness. For several decades now, every presidential election has been decided on the black vote. This is because there's almost a 1 to 1 turnout to vote ratio for the democrats among blacks. All the major swing states have high enough black vote populations that just a small swing in sentiment among them decides the election.

I think it is possibly for this underlying reason that the left in this country has fought so vociferously to make it seem like it's good guys vs bad guys, and the bad guys are all racists. When the bad guys are not overt racists, they're accidental racists. When they're not accidental racists, they're institutional racists. Feminism has joined the fun of late, but it's not nearly as powerful as race. Honestly I think the gender SJW stuff will backfire, but I have no clue how the race stuff will play out. For major improvement on this front, there would likely need to be a concerted effort again by the right wing to get back into cities. They have enough trouble even getting the rural votes that should easily be theirs in swing states like Pennsylvania.
    I think it is possibly for this underlying reason that the left in this country has fought so vociferously to make it seem like it's good guys vs bad guys, and the bad guys are all racists.
    I think largely the far left here are actually the good guys, in fact too nice to be astute politicians. People who want to use solar power and let all the immigrants in. The left here are in a qualified position to call racism on certain policies without it coming across as an appeal to emotion. Since they're all yoghurt munchers with multiple cats, they're nice and honest, they don't overdo it; they only call racism when they actually feel it's appropriate.

American politics is so messed up to me. It's even more divisive than ours, which is saying something.
    ongies gonna ong
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    dude looks like an older, more colonial Anton Chigurh
    I'm writing a book about how to become a writer as a profession.

Step 1: Write a book about how to become a writer as a profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    Mind blowing.

Makes sense, though.
    I very painstakingly wrote a book that's now available on Amazon. The book is about how to create a career in writing as quickly and easily as humanly possible. I wrote it because I get asked about how to do this a lot.

I was originally going to call it You Don't Have to Suck as Bad as You Suck Right Now, but I didn't want people to think that it was about blowjobs. Instead, I called it The No-BS Guide to Becoming an Authority Writer: Getting Paid as a Real Writer in Two Weeks.

It's very much like "step 1, step 2, step 3, profit" instead of "step 1, step 2, ???, profit."
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 08-08-2015 at 07:45 AM.
    You know what else would have been a great title: The ineffectiveness of umbrellas at high winds.
    What the fuck is that picture?
    cool book, bro

Was wondering how you went from "I'm writing a book" yesterday to "I published a book" today. :/

wp
    cool book, bro

Was wondering how you went from "I'm writing a book" yesterday to "I published a book" today. :/

wp
    There are three people I've helped who are making over $40k/year right now using the plan I outlined in the book, but anyway. It's good stuff, and a lot easier than making $40k/year at poker right now.
    If driving forward from a parked position and turning as you drive out with a front wheel drive car and towing a 2 wheel, one axel caravan. Do your wheels follow exactly the same path if you reverse with the steering wheel set at the same position? Or is there something about the fact that you're switching from front wheel drive pulling to effectively rear wheel drive pushing that changes the route the wheels take?
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    If driving forward from a parked position and turning as you drive out with a front wheel drive car and towing a 2 wheel, one axel caravan. Do your wheels follow exactly the same path if you reverse with the steering wheel set at the same position? Or is there something about the fact that you're switching from front wheel drive pulling to effectively rear wheel drive pushing that changes the route the wheels take?
    I'd guess they're about the same route.

edit didnt realize you were talking about towing something.
    Last edited by a500lbgorilla; 08-11-2015 at 05:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    They are dramatically different, and it's confusing at first to get used to it.

To reverse turn to the left, first you start with the wheel turned to the right. This pushes the nose of the car in the direction you want the trailer to go. It makes the angle where the trailer pivots off the hitch acute in the appropriate direction.

Next, you need to turn the wheel to the left. If it isn't done, the turning circle will decrease rapidly, and you can jack-knife.

I suggest practicing in an open parking lot before you attempt to back a trailer into a garage. I've seen too many fishing boats get damaged to ever attempt it w/o a trial run.
    Thanks mmm.

The Mrs has made me buy a caravan for camping trips with the kids. Not reversed anywhere yet but going to have to shortly.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    A young couple moved next door to me several months ago, and the wife has always been really flirty. She got at me on Facebook and gave me the whole, "Can I ask you something?" deal. I was like sure. She wanted to know if I could see her walking around the house naked through her windows when it was dark and she had the lights on with the blinds pulled up and the curtains back.
    A young couple moved next door to me several months ago, and the wife has always been really flirty. She got at me on Facebook and gave me the whole, "Can I ask you something?" deal. I was like sure. She wanted to know if I could see her walking around the house naked through her windows when it was dark and she had the lights on with the blinds pulled up and the curtains back.
    Well? Can you?
    Well? Can you?
    I was going to give the modest version, but since you asked: I told her I wasn't sure and asked if I should come look. She said I should. When I looked out my own kitchen window, she was sitting in a chair spread eagle fucking herself facing me. Then she sucked it off of her fingers and waved. I'm pretty sure one of her feet was on the wall beside of the window she was in front of, to give an idea.

Context: Her and her friend (18 and 16) whistled at me one day not long before this when they were sitting on their porch and I was walking to get the mail. Her husband is a Noob with a capital N.
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 08-11-2015 at 04:36 PM.
    I guess...

Or...
    I PM'd aubreymcfate a picture of the couple for her reference. I'm sure she'll keep it private.
    You can't spell private without using some letters of public. Just imgur that shit. There are so many pictures on the internet that statistically speaking nobody is ever going to see anything.
    Also who the fuck gets married at 18?
    Also who the fuck gets married at 18?
    +1 to this.

Also, the plot thickens. Her mom just added me on Facebook and asked if I would give her daughter my wifi password lol.
    Sounds like a Carolina
    she's cute. needs to get divorced tho, and find more imaginative ways to hit on people. and Noob needs to find someone who gives a shit about him.
    Frankly, the only thoughts on this I have are about Noob. He has a right to know what's going on. I don't want to be the one to tell him. I assume he would be more mad if he found out a year from now that this has been going on for a year, right? I guess he has a bit more of a right to be mad at me by then, since I'd have been complicit in participating on my end of it for so long.

I'd have a talk with him.
    Nonzero chance he knows and doesn't care, and I'm just the "prude" in the situation. <- nearly zero

Crowd?
    A) Just let it happen. Free peepshow is free.
    B) Talk to the girl. What is your agenda?
    C) Talk to the guy. What is your agenda?
    D) something else.
    B

Maybe you should take this girl under your wing so she can join the ranks of Spoon-edified, barely legal girls

eta: this book sounds awesome
    Last edited by aubreymcfate; 08-12-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Frankly, the only thoughts on this I have are about Noob. He has a right to know what's going on. I don't want to be the one to tell him. I assume he would be more mad if he found out a year from now that this has been going on for a year, right? I guess he has a bit more of a right to be mad at me by then, since I'd have been complicit in participating on my end of it for so long.

I'd have a talk with him.
    Nonzero chance he knows and doesn't care, and I'm just the "prude" in the situation. <- nearly zero

Crowd?
    A) Just let it happen. Free peepshow is free.
    B) Talk to the girl. What is your agenda?
    C) Talk to the guy. What is your agenda?
    D) something else.
    I have a good bit more information on this situation that I didn't go into because I didn't want to post a long ass wall of text, so before I let you know what I did, I'll say this:

Me telling this guy in this situation will serve absolutely no purpose in helping him whatsoever. He wouldn't leave her for that, and it would only hurt him to know about it and have it hanging over his head for the next X years. It would also galvanize him against me, which can only hurt me in the future.

On a related note, I think that you drastically underestimate the chances that he knows about it and not only doesn't care, but enjoys it. With that having been said:

First, I let her know that while I appreciated the interest, I wasn't really interested at this time. I did this in a flirty way to keep a flexible position and keep her from feeling too much sting from rejection. She could be of use to me in the future in certain scenarios.

Second, I made screenshot copies of her messages to me on Facebook and took a video of her out the window in case I need that information in the future to protect myself against her.

Maybe you should take this girl under your wing so she can join the ranks of Spoon-edified, barely legal girls
    I mean it is what it is, but negative on trying to take her in for three reasons:

1. I don't really like blondes, though I'm sure it wouldn't take much to convince her to darken it up.
    2. She smokes, which is a major turn-off for me.
    3. She doesn't have very much to offer outside of sex and arm candy, and I get plenty of that as it is. She's pretty dumb (through what's likely no fault of her own).

If we want to break down their situation, it really just comes down to the fact that he exhibits too much comfort and not enough attraction. Then she sees me getting out of the car looking how I look with a couple of pretty white bitches looking how they look, and the natural thing for a girl to do in that situation is to try to upgrade. Relationship game would help him immensely and make them both tons happier.
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 08-12-2015 at 01:59 PM.
    you know what, the husband knowing & enjoying actually makes this sound a million times more realistic. I found it hard to believe at first because it sounds so cliche, like a bad porn script. Who the hell cheats like that? Cuckolding fetish makes way more sense.

I eagerly await the video in my pm box
    you know what, the husband knowing & enjoying actually makes this sound a million times more realistic. I found it hard to believe at first because it sounds so cliche, like a bad porn script. Who the hell cheats like that? Cuckolding fetish makes way more sense.

I eagerly await the video in my pm box
    You may be drastically underestimating the need for women to get sexual attention from masculine men.

I'd show you the video in person, but I'd rather not send it to anyone.

And not to pick semantics, and it's likely you know this (though others like MMM may not), but it doesn't have to be cuckolding for that chick to exhibit that kind of behavior with his knowledge, though in his case, it probably would be. Cucking has a distinct characteristic of the male being the submissive one in the situation, and his embarrassment is a large part of the appeal for that.

In contrast, another way for that to go would be if he was in control of telling her to do those things, and she did so from a position of submissiveness.

But anyway.
    What I found unbelievable wasn't that she wanted attention from you -- it's the way she went about it. Hard to imagine someone who's cheating be so cheesy and theatrical, especially in such a forward manner, about it. But that approach to flirting isn't something I can relate to on any level (nothing wrong with it, just.. not my style), so whatever, it's my limited perspective.

Actually I had forgotten that aspect of cuckolding, thanks for the reminder.

Was a million percent kidding about the video
    Last edited by aubreymcfate; 08-12-2015 at 02:47 PM.
    What I found unbelievable wasn't that she wanted attention from you -- it's the way she went about it. Hard to imagine someone who's cheating be so cheesy and theatrical, especially in such a forward manner, about it. But that approach to flirting isn't something I can relate to on any level (nothing wrong with it, just.. not my style), so whatever, it's my limited perspective.

Actually I had forgotten that aspect of cuckolding, thanks for the reminder.

Was a million percent kidding about the video
    Yeah I understand that, but again, there's some back story there that I didn't go into for the sake of trying to keep it short and sweet. They've lived beside of us for about six months at this point, and it's not the first encounter I've had with her lol.
    Fair enough. I'm about as conservative as it comes when dealing with sex. I'm really blind to the vast world of options in the sexual experience. I know what I'm into, and what my lady is into. After that, I seriously lose interest.

Good point about not pissing off the neighbor in a mostly permanent way, though. Even if he's complicit in the act, he may find the presumption that it's "not normal" to be offensive.

I prefer your way of handling it to my proposal.

Notes taken.
    The moment you realize the lady friend you're sleeping with is closer to your oldest son's age than your own is a bit awkward.
    So you click their picture and then you get their money?
    Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    The moment you realize the lady friend you're sleeping with is closer to your oldest son's age than your own is a bit awkward.
    Awkward my ass. You were like hell yeah I'm the fucking man, as it should be.
    I'm 11 years older than my lady. There were plenty of awkward moments for me when we first started dating.

There was a weird added responsibility to the relationship when I realized that for once, I was the emotionally mature party in the relationship. I mean... not that I'd been the immature one, but in my past relationships we were both on relatively equal footing.

E.g. I had more experience with seduction and other adult games. So much to the point that she didn't know there was a game afoot sometimes. It was really awkward to the boundaries of rapiness when I realized that, while she was complicit in the making out, she was not aware that I'd gradually disrobed her. I mean... if she wasn't all for it when she found out, that'd be massively weird.
    Awkward my ass. You were like hell yeah I'm the fucking man, as it should be.
    The first thought was filled with awkwardness, questioning my decisions, but that was quickly replaced by "Holy shit, I'm the fucking man!" Thanks spoon!
    So you click their picture and then you get their money?
    Dating out of your generation is a good idea. It works better since men value youth a great deal and women value experience and stability a great deal. Of course, everybody kinda already knows this. So I guess I brought it up to say that I think one of the main reasons why so many relationships go bad is because people date too close to their own age. That creates a situation where the man is about as immature as the woman, which is horrible for her since what she really wants/needs is a man who has been there/done that and doesn't get fazed. Likewise, a man will handle just about anything regarding a woman if he thinks of her as more youthful and vibrant than he is.
    I know there's no poker in the commune and all of that, but this doesn't really count as poker.

I'm trying to get a microstakes FTR game going at Americas Cardroom like what we used to do back in the day with hilarious results. Come to the BC General Chat Thread and act like you want to be a part of this so we can mingle with some FTR newbies.
    I think you'd really love the first part of this, wuf. I kept thinking how it was all basic economics in a free market... but with insects. When he started talking about the cold war, I was fascinated.

I think you'd really love the first part of this, wuf. I kept thinking how it was all basic economics in a free market... but with insects. When he started talking about the cold war, I was fascinated.

dude this is super cool. thanks so much. i didnt know scishow did these sorts of interviews. i may have to watch them again.

Turn down for what
    I'm 11 years older than my lady. There were plenty of awkward moments for me when we first started dating.

There was a weird added responsibility to the relationship when I realized that for once, I was the emotionally mature party in the relationship. I mean... not that I'd been the immature one, but in my past relationships we were both on relatively equal footing.

E.g. I had more experience with seduction and other adult games. So much to the point that she didn't know there was a game afoot sometimes. It was really awkward to the boundaries of rapiness when I realized that, while she was complicit in the making out, she was not aware that I'd gradually disrobed her. I mean... if she wasn't all for it when she found out, that'd be massively weird.
    I also have an 11 year age difference. I need that balance. It would be complete chaos if I was with some fellow 25 year old dipshit. People can be way wiser than their years, of course, but life experience, actually having lived more years and experienced that passing of time, is a singular thing. And it goes both ways -- youth adds its own element of stability.

Nice ninja disrobing skills!
    Men are supposed to be involved with younger women, and women are supposed to be involved with older men.

Also this Nate Dogg - Hide It plays when I'm heading out the door to pick up bitches.
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 08-14-2015 at 03:05 PM.

You see the screwdriver? You see what it's lifting? That was the core of an atomic bomb.

That's a critical mass of plutonium, surrounded by two hemispheres of beryllium (a nuclear reflector). One half was stacked on top of the other, and this dude named Louis Slotin was using a screw-driver to create a tiny space between them. If the two halves were to touch, the core would go super-critical in an uncontrolled chain-reaction.

And the two halves did touch.

At 3:20 PM, May 21, 1946, the screw-driver slipped. The top half clunked onto the bottom half.

Everyone in the room felt a blast of heat and the air around the core shone bright blue.

Slotin grabbed the top half of the assembly with his bare hand and knocked it to the floor.

Within 3 minutes he was vomiting from radiation sickness. He died nine days later.
    It was called 'tickling the dragon's tail'.
    more like flicking its nuts
    That's pretty fucking awesome. Also, that's some real man shit to grab that motherfucker with your bare hands.
    What is this trying to say? That when somebody says "fuck the poor", people moralize against it, but when somebody says "help the poor", people don't raise a finger to do so?
    What is this trying to say? That when somebody says "fuck the poor", people moralize against it, but when somebody says "help the poor", people don't raise a finger to do so?
    Idk I just thought a guy wearing a sandwich sign that said "FUCK THE POOR" was hilarious.

And just to go ahead and get it out of the way, people would help more in the form of charity if they weren't being stolen from by the government.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    This near nuclear tragedy brought to you by Coca-Cola.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    That feeling on your tongue? It's flavor.

That feeling in your lymph nodes? Also flavor.
    Idk I just thought a guy wearing a sandwich sign that said "FUCK THE POOR" was hilarious.

And just to go ahead and get it out of the way, people would help more in the form of charity if they weren't being stolen from by the government.
    Charity blows. It's all sorts of whack for incentives.

There's a faker impoverished douche who stands on the street outside my favorite grocery. He's done it for years and hasn't changed his sign. It's some bullshit about how he's going to lose his house if people don't give him money. He's only out there at peak hours and probably clears close to $100/hr.
    Charity blows. It's all sorts of whack for incentives.

There's a faker impoverished douche who stands on the street outside my favorite grocery. He's done it for years and hasn't changed his sign. It's some bullshit about how he's going to lose his house if people don't give him money. He's only out there at peak hours and probably clears close to $100/hr.
    Yeah I've known people to do that. I think it's hilarious.

In other news, here's a free month of cologne of your choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    This near nuclear tragedy brought to you by Coca-Cola.
    Oh, see this? If I close it in this spherical shell it reaches critical mass. Don't worry. We're all totally safe because I'm holding it open with this screwdriver.

And that's how it came to be called the demon core.
    I just finished this awesome Philip K. Dick book called The Man in the High Castle. Rilla, I think you in particular would like it.. It's an alternate history novel in which the Axis powers emerge victorious from WW2. It won the Hugo award in 1963.

Amazon put out a pilot episode for a TV series based on the book earlier this year. Apparently it was well-received and was picked up for a season, so I'm gonna watch that asap.