Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Best Way to Post Hands?

Default Best Way to Post Hands?

Can anybody offer me advice on how to post hands here? I have Pokertracker 4.

I have tried the FTR hand converter, as well as Weaktight and I'm told that the text I'm copying from my Pokertracker in incompatible with both.

I understand the basic rules of posting a hand, I'd just like to post it in a visually appealing way.

Thanks.
    Post the hand histories here and I can check why the hand converted is giving you an error.
    Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    Post the hand histories here and I can check why the hand converted is giving you an error.
    I tired to copy and paste the hand history from my Pokertracker here, put it won't let me. I get a message saying the post is denied because of too many URL's... ?
    You're not copying the right thing. Maybe there is a copy with stats button or something similar you could try if you aren't pressing that already. I don't use PT4 so if you explain what it is you're actually pressing exactly it'll be easier for people to help.

Great way to go about posting hands though, nothing worse when people post hands which aren't formatted.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy View Post
    You're not copying the right thing. Maybe there is a copy with stats button or something similar you could try if you aren't pressing that already. I don't use PT4 so if you explain what it is you're actually pressing exactly it'll be easier for people to help.

Great way to go about posting hands though, nothing worse when people post hands which aren't formatted.
    When I choose to "view hand details" on any given hand in PT4, a window called "Hand Details" pops up.

It has 3 copy options. One called "Copy to Clipboard", another called "Copy to Forum Format", and a third called "Copy RAW Hand History".

I've tired all 3 in both the FTR converter and on Weaktight. Error everytime.

Is it possible that the issue is with Full Tilt hand histories?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieMuffinKicker View Post
    I tired to copy and paste the hand history from my Pokertracker here, put it won't let me. I get a message saying the post is denied because of too many URL's... ?
    can you send them to me via email? [email protected].
    I was having this problem converting from HEM2 the other day, but it seemed to go away on my 2nd attempt. I've also noticed results now automatically go into a spoiler and have to be manually deleted, plus the spoiler results and initial list of players and stacks also don't identify hero (see hand posted in Tournament sub-forum).
    i'm guessing that as a new registration with less than 10 posts you are probably falling foul of the spam filter. hence the too many URLs error message .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean Counter View Post
    I was having this problem converting from HEM2 the other day, but it seemed to go away on my 2nd attempt. I've also noticed results now automatically go into a spoiler and have to be manually deleted, plus the spoiler results and initial list of players and stacks also don't identify hero (see hand posted in Tournament sub-forum).
    Do you use the FTR Hand Converter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    i'm guessing that as a new registration with less than 10 posts you are probably falling foul of the spam filter. hence the too many URLs error message .
    It's never easy to be the new kid....
    Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    can you send them to me via email? [email protected].
    I just sent it. Thanks!
    It's never easy to be the new kid....
    I think the bar is 10 posts, so one more and you should have FTR member privileges.

There may still be a limit of 5 per day until you get 10 posts, so if you're capped at 9 for the day, just try tomorrow and everything should work out.

(Or I'm mistaken... I wouldn't troll you, but am not always right about stuff)

(and things.)
    Is posting an image an acceptable way to post a hand in this forum?

PT4 has a nicely laid out "hand details" window that would serve nicely to show all that someone would need to offer their thoughts on a hand. I still can't figure another way to post.
    Try it and see if it works. People aren't going to berate you if it doesn't especially as you've put some effort into trying to do it correctly. I would still try and figure out what the original problem was though.
    Is posting an image an acceptable way to post a hand in this forum?

PT4 has a nicely laid out "hand details" window that would serve nicely to show all that someone would need to offer their thoughts on a hand. I still can't figure another way to post.
    You're clearly not a troll or a spam bot, and you've posted enough to establish that, so you should be able to do all the things.

If you're having trouble with the FTR hand converter, please share that in the announcement and feedback forum. I believe we have a moderator who is active at keeping the converter up to speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy View Post
    Try it and see if it works. People aren't going to berate you if it doesn't especially as you've put some effort into trying to do it correctly. I would still try and figure out what the original problem was though.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    If you're having trouble with the FTR hand converter, please share that in the announcement and feedback forum. I believe we have a moderator who is active at keeping the converter up to speed.
    I will do this before the day is out.
    What's the reason to posting hands here anyway?