Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Gauntlet: The Online Poker League

Gauntlet Suggestions w/ Data

Default Gauntlet Suggestions w/ Data

Season / avg players per game (canceled games counted)

Season 4, 25 games: 18.52, $10 buy-in
    Season 5, 24 games: 21.08, $5 buy-in
    Season 6, 24 games: 19.88, $5 buy-in
    Season 7, 34 games: 16.44, $10 buy-in
    Season 8, 24 games: 11.33, $10 buy-in

Schedule

Season 4: Sunday 3 PM ET, Wednesday 10 PM ET
    Season 5: Sunday 3 PM ET, Wednesday 10 PM ET
    Season 6: Sunday 3 PM ET, Wednesday 10 PM ET
    Season 7: Sunday 3 PM ET, Wednesday 10 PM ET
    Season 8: Sunday 3 PM ET, Sunday 9:30 PM ET

Games

Season 4: 23/25 NLH, 1 PLO (Canceled), 1 LH (8 players)
    Season 5: 24/24 NLH
    Season 6: 24/24 NLH
    Season 7: 18/34 NLH (16.39/game), 8/34 NLH-6 (21.75/game), 4/34 PLO8 (10/game), 4/34 HU (12.5/game)
    Season 8: 10/24 NLH (13.3/game), 6/24 NLH-6 (13.5/game), 2/24 PLO (8.5/game), 2/24 HORSE (8/game), 2/24 HU (6.5/game), 2/24 8-GAME (6/game)

- Season 7 was way too long. If you don't count the last 4 NLH games, the avg participation (of NLH) was 20.14.
    - Season 8 had horrible participation. It could be due to the new schedule, the wide variety of games, lack of promotion.. probably all of the above.
    - At first look, the $5 buy-in vs $10 buy-in did increase participation, but they were also the only Gauntlet's to be 100% NLH.

Whoever else is interested, correlate away.
    This was very tedious, so I just did it for the last 3 seasons. I only did this for NLH (6M and FR) games, it would have been too much work going through all games.

Season 6:

Sunday - 18.25
    Wednesday - 21.50

Season 7:

Sunday - 16.38
    Wednesday - 18.40

Season 8:

Sunday 3PM - 15
    Sunday 9PM - 11
    Here is my suggestion:

Buy-in: $10
    Schedule: Saturday* 3PM ET / Sunday 3PM ET
    Games: 24 total, 3 PLO/3 PLO8, 9 NLH FR, 9 NLH 6M

What do people think of this? Any other ideas? (Another idea is to make the PLO games $5 instead of $10.)

* Not sure on this. Based on the last 3 seasons, Wednesday actually had a better turnout than Sunday. Maybe Sunday / Wednesday again?
    http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...et-175855.html this thread has some nice discussion as well.
    ok well it looks like we need to go back to wednesdays. and thinking about it, i'd be more likely to play wednesday night than sunday afternoon. i'd play saturday afternoon over sunday afternoon too, though...

wed night > sunday afternoon
    saturday afternoon > sunday afternoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    Here is my suggestion:

Buy-in: $10
    Schedule: Saturday* 3PM ET / Sunday 3PM ET
    Games: 24 total, 3 PLO/3 PLO8, 9 NLH FR, 9 NLH 6M

What do people think of this? Any other ideas? (Another idea is to make the PLO games $5 instead of $10.)

* Not sure on this. Based on the last 3 seasons, Wednesday actually had a better turnout than Sunday. Maybe Sunday / Wednesday again?

Basically what Ive realized is that people want to include the other non-HE games but at the same time dont think enough people will do them.

My suggestion is have an "FTR Championship" for each other event and give a title out so there is an incentive as well. (Title like they used to give to BOB/gator below their name and on their profile) I think it should be a one time deal though, like one PLO, one HU, on O8,one stud h/l etc...that way it doesnt get over saturated. Also, 5$ buy in is not really good IMO, if ur not bankrolled for 11s I dont see a difference between 5s and 11..however the 55$ is huge diff from someone rolled at 11s.

I really like the idea of a 55$ buy in main event or something though...

feel free to move this to the other thread if you deem appropriate
    Roco415.
    Saturday and Wednesday is also another idea. Only problem with that is Saturday's haven't been tested so who knows what the turnout would be like.

I like the idea of a main event as well. Maybe have 25 games, with the final game being a $55 buy-in NLH?

I think more people would be willing to play the PLO games if the buy-in was $5 v $10. It doesn't seem like much to most, but I think it would help the turnout.

I don't think we will have HORSE, 8-Game, Stud.... and probably not HU (maybe 1).
    I'm sick o' talkin' - If it's EU friendly then I'm in bitches. If not, GG & GL.
    - You're the reason why paradise lost
    Quote Originally Posted by kevster View Post
    I'm sick o' talkin' - If it's EU friendly then I'm in bitches. If not, GG & GL.
    ya i'm in the same boat.

running the gauntlet period > taking forever to try and get it perfect.
    Season 9 is going to tentatively begin on 5/30 with the schedule I proposed (Sun/Wed) unless I get more feedback otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    ya i'm in the same boat.

running the gauntlet period > taking forever to try and get it perfect.
    The data is interesting though leg. It supports a lot of what has been said in the other thread.
    - You're the reason why paradise lost
    Forgot we had this but it might help participation if people who register are pushed to join this group and then we email a reminder, same as the Events Mail group:

http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...tlet-mail.html