Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

Hyper-Turbo Heads-Up - Two Hand Histories

Default Hyper-Turbo Heads-Up - Two Hand Histories

I have two hands for revision here. I have no reads in these hands. Both hands are in Hyper-Turbo Heads-Ups ($1.50).

*********** # 176 **************
    PokerStars Hand #163224206299: Tournament #1764501312, $1.44+$0.06 USD Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level II (15/30) - 2016/12/19 22:27:12 ET
    Table '1764501312 1' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 1: JMVIndustry (394 in chips)
    Seat 2: Gol5050Gol (606 in chips)
    Gol5050Gol: posts small blind 15
    JMVIndustry: posts big blind 30
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to JMVIndustry
    Gol5050Gol: calls 15
    JMVIndustry: checks
    *** FLOP ***
    Gol5050Gol: checks
    *** TURN ***
    Gol5050Gol: bets 30
    JMVIndustry: calls 30
    *** RIVER ***
    JMVIndustry: bets 46
    Gol5050Gol: raises 74 to 120
    JMVIndustry's turn
    What is the correct play here?

*********** # 186 **************
    PokerStars Hand #163224120902: Tournament #1764498827, $1.44+$0.06 USD Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level III (20/40) - 2016/12/19 22:23:28 ET
    Table '1764498827 1' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
    Seat 1: JMVIndustry (460 in chips)
    Seat 2: KROONMASTER1 (540 in chips)
    JMVIndustry: posts small blind 20
    KROONMASTER1: posts big blind 40
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to JMVIndustry
    JMVIndustry: calls 20
    KROONMASTER1: checks
    *** FLOP ***
    KROONMASTER1: checks
    *** TURN ***
    KROONMASTER1: bets 80
    JMVIndustry's turn
    What is the correct play here?

Thank you very much to those who help!
    Last edited by daredeviljo; 12-21-2016 at 12:23 AM.
    Hand 1
    -I'd prob either bet turn and bet river or c/c turn and c/c river.
    -If you're c/c turn it's to bluff catch presumably so why lead river?
    -now that we've lead, I don't know he doesn't rep anything. I guess he has 2's full. I'd prob call since it makes no sense.

Hand 2
    -Is limping btn standard in these tourneys?
    -I don't have a good sense for HU limping ranges IP and whether we need to be defending K high here on turn. I'd prob just fire the flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    To griffey24,

Hand 1:
    True, I shouldnt c/c and lead out on the river.
    I called and he ended up having

Hand 2:
    Yeah, limping btn is pretty standard. I don't like the idea of shove/fold and leaving a lot of variance on the table and raise/folding cripples the stack imo. In my opinion, limping lets one see most of the flops, and minimizes variance.

Thank you very much for your revision!

Any one else who would like to review the hands, you are very much welcomed to do so. It will be much appreciated.
    I'd recommend playing the HU SNGs with a slower blind structure, as a lot of players play really badly in these (and I'm no good at HU myself).

H1: seems like a clear turn lead for value against all smaller pairs, ace high and straight/gut shot draws. Bet/fold river seems standard and take a note that villain likes to get tricky - it's hugely exploitable.

H2: not a fan of limping button headsup unless it's part of an overall, well thought out strategy. It's probably fine at these stakes not to have too detailed a strategy though and limp middle strength hands. I'd just bet flop and give up on most run outs. As played, he pots it here but went small in H1 for value, so I'd consider making a call as he can have all kinds of trash and probably not a lot of bluffs that beat you. Stacks are so short though that the low variance fold is likely best.
    (Inb4 this is said to be terrible advice. It worked for me for a while and it showed me a lot of useful tactics post-flop as I came to understand the implications of this strategy PRE.)

A 100% rate of minraising from BTN can be a huge source of pain for your opponent who's not prepared for this.

You're basically always increasing the pot size when you're IP, and literally not betraying anything about your range (ATC).

Your opponent will likely fold some of the time, and has therefore defined their range in a way that you have not.

There are all kinds of pitfalls to playing this strategy, but it's worth a shot just to see how you can create a steady trickle of monies from your opponent folding PRE. Just realize that you're choosing to play a weaker range post-flop than they are and that you will make some expensive calls which get pummeled from time to time. The task for me was to minimize those.
    h1 is a weird line for a bluff, I think unless he's been getting out of line we can quietly fold the river vs a raise, feels like a slow played jack to me. I'd b/f turn, b/f river. Had I checked turn, I'd c/c river rather than leading.

h2, we have the button HU, raise or fold. I'd raise a king. Flop misses a huge amount of his range, so after raising pre I'd bet flop. Had I limped, I guess I'm not so interested in the hand and am happy to check down, or fold to any bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong