Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

How in the world are some people still this horrendous at poker?

Cool How in the world are some people still this horrendous at poker?

Is simply amazing to me that some people still haven't learned basic strategy of poker (ANY POKER GAME). With all the available info thats open to players; and for free! Dont get me wrong by any means i love playing against these tards as my bankroll continually increases (with the occasional hiccup of donkey trash catching; shit happens sumtimes) . Just crazy to me how dumb people still are in the poker world; hell just dumb in general really lol. If yall got any tards that you play with on BlackChipPoker please feel free to post there username so i can find them. HA!
    why would anyone publicize the people that they know are terrible at poker. t just means that everyone reading will target them meaning smaller chance for you to take their $ and if they do google their screename they can come across posts saying thatthey are terrible and either start o study and improve or quit poker. neither is good for your bankroll.
    I think it's fine for someone to play poker for fun. I know a lot of people who play pit games for that reason and they've been donating in spite of anything I can say.

You're right that there are a ton of free sources available for poker players to improve, but sometimes people just don't want to think about things all that much. I'd be much more critical of a serious poker player who spewed often or a recreational player who gambles money he/she can't afford to lose, but otherwise let the inferior players have fun imo.
    I mean... there will always be new players, first time players etc. So it stands to reason that there will always be "bad" players?

Were you great the first time you played?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Horrendous poker players and a 45K stack.
    It takes 2 years to learn to talk, but a lifetime to learn when to shut up.
    I am still a fish, i am learnig step by step, I know that is so hard to be a good poker player. I love poker, soon or later I will leave being a fish. I read something and it said, Poker without fish could be boring.
    We need these bad/losing players in the game, we can't all be winning or even break even since the house gets a cut so if everyone was of equal skill poker would be dead and we don't want that.

As dhuber said poker is just entertainment to some and they don't mind losing when they play as many could consider the entertainment in comparison to spending money at the movies for example.....as a poker player who is looking to profit from poker I am happy these people exist
    I pray to the poker gods that these newbies, fun/recreational players, maniacs, passive players etc. will always exist, i don´t want to play exclusively against better players/regs ... but in chess i want (for improving, scalps, fame etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmig View Post
    Is simply amazing to me that some people still haven't learned basic strategy of poker (ANY POKER GAME). With all the available info thats open to players; and for free!
    Not everyone maximizes on the information that is available to them. For example, I recently saw someone start a thread on people being bad at poker in a subforum for blogs and operations, even though all the information in the world pointed to the fact that this was a sub dedicated to poker goals, progress reports, etc.