Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

10s ep 1st hand sng

Default 10s ep 1st hand sng

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 15 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t1500)
    SB (t1500)
    BB (t1500)
    UTG (t1500)
    Hero (UTG+1) (t1500)
    MP1 (t1500)
    MP2 (t1500)
    MP3 (t1500)
    CO (t1500)

Hero's M: 50.00

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with ,
    1 fold, Hero bets t70, 5 folds, SB calls t60, 1 fold

Flop: (t160) , , (2 players)
    SB bets t120, Hero raises to t300, SB calls t180

Turn: (t760) (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks

River: (t760) (2 players)
    SB bets t420

Total pot: t760

assuming im folding rvr here. should i have played hand differently? shove
    flop? thought i was too deep..
    not played villain before. he was russian. was involved in quite a lot of hands henceforth.
    I don't think you need to raise to 70, 60 should be just fine. Maybe even 50. We want to encourage people to play with us, tens are pretty strong.

I think I'd raise a little more on the flop given the board texture. 350-380 should be fine.

Rest of the hand looks fine as long as you folded the river.
    derp
    One problem with you line is that when you don't bet the turn, it kind of suggests you don't have the flush or the straight. If the opponent senses this, he may feel he can take you off a set or two pair by leading the river. Not sure if this makes for enough reason to bet the turn, but it seems like a consideration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjonius View Post
    One problem with you line is that when you don't bet the turn, it kind of suggests you don't have the flush or the straight. If the opponent senses this, he may feel he can take you off a set or two pair by leading the river. Not sure if this makes for enough reason to bet the turn, but it seems like a consideration.
    Your thinking is faulty. You need to consider the bet/calling range of SB. What hands do you think he is doing that with? Is the turn good or bad for his range? What hands in this range just call the flop but decide that he should bluff hero on the river?

edit: originally wrote that SB cbet but that's clearly wrong. fixed.
    Last edited by donkbee; 09-12-2012 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    I concur flop raise can go bigger but the Ks is the absolute worst card in the deck and I would just give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by donkbee View Post
    Your thinking is faulty. You need to consider the bet/calling range of SB. What hands do you think he is doing that with? Is the turn good or bad for his range? What hands in this range just call the flop but decide that he should bluff hero on the river?
    This. No way am I betting this turn when I can peel for free and hopefully fill up. And no way am I calling this river. I prob hollywood fold instead of snap fold, but my decision is easy. We got coolered here, and we didn't lose all that much. I'm very happy indeed to get away from this with over 2/3 of my stack intact.

Turn is literally the worst card in the deck for us. Betting it is crazy imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    The turn is bad for our hand, no question. But that doesn't automatically mean it hits the opponent's entire range either.
    I'm struggling to seriously give this guy anything that misses this turn.

Flop b/c tells us everything we need to know. If we're good here >10% I'll be surprised. The only time we're ever good at river is when he turns hands like KQ into a bluff, which he's not gonna do all that often seeing as he has decent showdown value and board is ridic scary.

Just throw it away and thank whoever you worship that you still got a fighting chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjonius View Post
    The turn is bad for our hand, no question. But that doesn't automatically mean it hits the opponent's entire range either.
    Correct.

It only hits nearly all of it.
    derp
    Quote Originally Posted by dthorne04 View Post
    Correct.

It only hits nearly all of it.
    lol, yup. Def worst turn card in the deck, river is an easy fold. I also would have raised a larger amount on the flop, to ~400 instead of 300. That would set you up to commit the turn, which if it wasnt the Ks, we would probably do.
    Quote Originally Posted by soupie
    That is the beauty of poker, it doesnt matter how they play, you can always devise the perfect defense and counterpunch hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykedupp View Post
    lol, yup. Def worst turn card in the deck, river is an easy fold. I also would have raised a larger amount on the flop, to ~400 instead of 300. That would set you up to commit the turn, which if it wasnt the Ks, we would probably do.
    I agree with this. I would definitely raise more on the flop with the intention of getting AI on a safe turn (which is obviously not what came out). With that card on the turn I thank my lucky stars that I'm in position and river is a super easy fold.
    I feel the pain with the riverfold but that is what you have to do.

Agree with raise the flop a bit bigger.
    raise 60 pre and the rest i play the same than you...